main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    YAY! A post!!

Can't wait til Kyp is beaten up!!!

2. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow, deep. Good post. I shall leave it at that.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post!

4. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah...all the good stuff everyone before me said! ;) :D

5. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Up! Okay, you said one post 'til Kyp, but you didn't specify how long it would take to post... please ma'am, may we have some more?

6. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Sticks, I'm working on it as we speak (or type, if you prefer). It'll be up in a few hours.

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, unless there's a high demand for posts of the depth of the last one, I probably won't do that again for a while. Waxing philosophic can be draining. ;)

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yay, a post today! :D

9. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, the next post will be up in an hour. In the meantime, I want suggestions for Kyp-maiming. I have a plotline in place, but I haven't yet decided how much of him I want to hurt.

By the way, there's a definite plot twist coming up regarding Kyp. :D

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Hmm.... some broken bones would be quite lovely. [face_devil]

11. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    I'm still in favor of a missing limb, or a lightsaber through the foot and a broken jaw... Maybe it'd be poetic justice if he lost a hand, but that's been done a lot.

Just a couple thoughts.

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, the hand thing is kinda overused.

Someone should ruin his face - then he'll never get a girlfriend!!

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    In case you haven't noticed, he hasn't had much luck in that area without a ruined face.

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    By the way, does anyone know what happened to Ganner? I liked him.

Or Danni? They both just dropped out of the galaxy.

15. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I was wondering the same thing a few days ago.I can't wait for your post.So how bad is Kyp(yuck) gonna get hurt?

16. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oy! I thought of some really good psychological damage to do to Kyp...heehee, I'm going to have fun with this. [face_devil]

I think I'm going to bring Danni and Ganner into the story. Any takers?

-------

I spent most of the next day with Aunt Mara, working on healing techniques. I knew I probably would never reach Jacen's level of healing prowess, but I needed to get better at healing myself without my twin's help.

At the end of the day I ran another round with the practice droid. I didn't miss a shot that time. Mara was beyond speech when the droid shut itself off. Surprisingly, I wasn't exhausted, but I was in need of a shower.

Not wanting to repeat the previous morning's experience, I took clean clothes with me. Arriving at the first available 'fresher, I stripped down and stepped into a hot shower.

I was rinsing soap out of my hair when I sensed Jag enter the 'fresher. What does he think he's doing? He called, "Jaina?"

I turned the water off. "What do you need, Jag?"

Suddenly he threw the shower curtain open. "Jag!" I screamed, grabbing a towel and throwing it around my body. "Have you no sense?!?"

"Apparently not," he answered distantly, staring at what, moments before, had been bare flesh.

"Is this going to be the running joke of our relationship?" I demanded, calming down a little.

"Not unless we get married or something." He was still staring at me.

Thoroughly exasperated, I asked, "What are you doing here, Jag?"

He tore his eyes away from me. "We have a situation brewing. We may need you in a cockpit."

We stood there for a minute. "What are you waiting for?" he asked. "Hurry up."

"Can you leave so I can put clothes on?"

"Oh. Sure," he replied, blushing a little. He turned crisply and left.

If he walks in on me one more time... I sighed as I dried myself off and put on a black jumpsuit. Figuring I didn't have the time to dry my hair, I headed off to the landing bay with it wet.

Corran Horn looked up at my wet head as I entered. "Did we interrupt something, Jaina?"

Ignoring him, I asked, "What's the situation?"

One of Booster's men answered, "Two squadrons incoming. We tried to hail them, but their leader refuses to divulge his identity or intent."

Jag looked over at my uncle. "Master Skywalker, what do you think? Peace Brigade?"

After a moment, Uncle Luke answered, "It's possible, but I doubt it."

Jag ran a hand through his short black hair. "All right. Spike Squadron," he said, addressing the Chiss around him, "get to your clawcraft. We're meeting them halfway."

Another of Booster's men protested as the Chiss ran off. "But sir, that's two-to-one odds."

Jag glared at the man. "Odds are for wimps."

I smiled at that. He is Corellian.

Jag turned and followed his pilots, but stopped abruptly and faced me. "Jaina, I'm short a pilot. Fly my wing?"

In response I ran after him. I was at my X-wing first, and I was halfway up the ladder to my cockpit when he called, "Jaina."

I swung around, holding on to the ladder with one hand and one foot. He was standing at the foot of the ladder. "What?"

"I'm sorry."

"Forget about it. It was an accident."

He caught my free hand. "Be careful out there, okay?"

"When am I not?" I asked, a little surprised by the intensity in those pale green eyes.

"This time make an effort." Before I could reply, He kissed the palm of my hand and ran off to his clawcraft.

Considerably confused, I climbed into the cockpit.

Within minutes we were headed toward the incoming squadrons, mostly X-wings. Jag continued attempts to contact the leader. As we closed the distance, Jag hailed me privately. "Jaina, he wants to talk to you. Hail him on this frequency. I want to eavesdrop."

"Sure." I hailed the mystery pilot and stated, "This is Lieutenant Jaina Solo, Rogue Squadron, New Republic Armed Forces. State you identity and purpose if you wish to proceed."

"So lovely to hear your voice again, Jaina. Did I ever tell you that you'd be a natural commander?"

Anger

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Woohoo! Kill Kyp!

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I have sad news to report.

I may not be able to keep up my pace of a post a day for the next week or so. I move to college next Sunday, and at some point I have to pack everything up.

Anyway, I'll post as frequently as I can. I write to relax, so hopefully I'll get to relax a lot between now and move-in day. However, I will do my best, but I can't make promises.

Thanks for the loyal readership!

19. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Yes, that'll do nicely... ;) Any previous disappointment I had (which wasn't much) has now been asuaged.

Anyway, good post. Good job w/ kyp and all. I just had a really funny idea. Have Booster slam him up against the bulkhead a few times, rattle the teeth in his head a little, THEN let someone break some bones. Another suggestion. [face_devil]

20. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Ishy, at this point that's an actual, viable possibility, by the way.

21. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Whoa!!! I was behind!!! GREAT POSTS...
    *Whinny voice* BUT, I WANT MORE!!!
    8-}

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    When are you going to post on your story, js2k1? You left us with Jag holding Ben and Jaina resting her head on Jag's shoulder. Some of us would like to see someone walk in on them or something. :D

23. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Just what I needed after a long, bad day at school. A great post.

24. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    *Punches Kyp in the face* There, finished. You can have him. ;)

BTW, the first part of that post was very good. :D ;) Well, heck, the WHOLE post was good.

25. Kate52

Kate52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    Loved the post! More!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.