main
side
curve

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    For those of you anxiously awaiting, there will be a new installment as soon as I proofread it.

3. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    As promised! Very long post, even by my standards!

-------

Jag and I ate breakfast alone the next day. Kyp was eating with my family. As I could barely stand being in the same room with him, being at the same table was probably a bad idea.

As Jag and I were getting ready to leave, Kyp sauntered over to our table, wearing that ridiculously saccharine smile. "Good morning, Jaina," he greeted brightly.

"What do you want, Kyp?" I snapped.

"Your aunt tells me that your skill with a blade have increased rapidly."

"And?"

"I'd like to see some proof."

"A Jedi Master's word isn't good enough for you?"

Kyp sneered, probably at the reminder that Mara had become a Master in far less time than he had. Though she'd spent longer in training to become a Knight, reaching the level of Master had taken her practically no time at all. "I'd like to see it for myself. What would you say to a practice duel?"

"You're on."

"In an hour, then. Where should we meet?"

"The forward visual triangulation room."

"I'll be waiting."

Kyp walked off. Jag reached across the table and took my hand. "Are you sure this is wise?"

"It feels right, Jag."

"Can you beat him?"

"I have no idea."

-------

Jag and I were waiting for Kyp, who was late. Mara found out about the match somehow and was there, along with Anakin, Jacen, Tahiri, and Corran. No one said anything, but Jag stood over me, massaging tension out of my shoulders.

When he arrived, Kyp dropped his billowing Jedi Master's robes from his shoulders and let his grinning lackey pick up after him. It was disgusting, really, the way he paraded himself as the next Luke Skywalker. However, I pushed my irritation away, focusing on the duel ahead.

Kyp ignited his blade first. It was an violet blade, which would be hard to see in a dark room. But this room was bright, and he was wearing tan. It would show up pretty easily.

Mine, on the other hand, wouldn't. When I ignited it, I saw a moment of worry on his face. The room was bright, and I was dressed in white that day. He would have to rely less on his eyes than I would.

"Jaina, I thought you had a violet blade," he began conversationally.

"I did. It was destroyed in that accident that nearly cost me my eyesight."

"You chose a good crystal. White is a fitting color for you."

"I didn't choose it. It chose me. And yesterday black was a good color for me."

"So it is. I must admit, you make many colors attractive."

I saw that Jag had walked around to the other side, and was now standing with his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed. He almost looked angry. "Enough with the chit chat. Shall we begin?"

"I was about to suggest that myself," Kyp replied.

He attacked quickly, lunging low. I blocked him easily and began a slow circle around him. I was shocked by his sudden moves. The point of a practice duel is to force the other person to prevent damage. He seemed bent on causing damage.

I immediately sensed a surge of anger within him, but it did not recede. Strangely, his anger seemed to be directed at me, and I could not understand how a Jedi Master could get so out of control of his emotions. He was attacking with anger as well, with heavy swings that forced me to spend all my time blocking.

He swung high at my head, a difficult blow to block. I ducked, extending my blade above my head to block it. He pulled up and lunged low again, as if to cut off my feet. I backed out of that one, preferring to bat his blade away with a simple parry.

And on and on it went. He, being the more aggressive in the match, began tiring much faster than I. At one point he switched his grip to have his left hand higher than his right, and then he suddenly let go of his lightsaber with his left hand, leaving only his right hand close to the base of the handle.

I couldn't understand a move like that. By moving his hand there, he closed the distance from his hand to the center of rotation on the blade and increased the amount of force he had to use. The time I had spent studying torque in physic

4. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Loved the duel! Then again, I always do. Lightsaber duels are my favorite form of SW combat. No matter how much I like ships. :)

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I LOVED it Mely! Very nice mush, and Aunty\Niece talk :D

6. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Nicely done!I think Kyp getting his lightsaber cut in half was one of the best ways to hurt him.hehe.can't wait to read more.

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, there's more damage coming to Kyp. I thought that was a nice way to damage his ego a bit.

8. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    *Satisfied looK*
    AWWWW, she beat him- how great!!
    J/J interaction wonderful!

J/M conversation superb!

I give it two snaps up- oh, wait, wrong response- two thumbs up!

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post! loved the duel! so, when does kyp think he would be able to build another? Because now he has to go without one for some time, and he deserves that 100%. Great idea, Melyanna

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ooooh, I loooved looooved looooved it!!!

11. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Alright! Kyp deserved it! Great post!

JediFarfy

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    One thing though - Jaina's lightsaber wasn't destroyed in the accident; I guess she didn't have it with her at the time. She had it with her, and used it, on Duro.

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Heh. I made that up. :D I had to have a reason for her to build a new one.

14. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Great addition. Go Jaina! I bet Kyp wasn't expecting that, was he. heh heh. Strong fighter, takes after her mother.

15. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    Yes sword duels, lightsaber or other wize are the best.

Destroy Kyp's saber then him. MWAHAHAHA! [face_devil]

Whats Jaina gonna do now that she knows??
    I must find out! :D

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ohhh.... well that explains it.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    checking in...

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, due to a special request, there will be a heartfelt conversation between Jaina and Jacen in the next post, and then I think I'm sending Jacen off to rescue his personal princess. Any objections?

19. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ah maaan that was good. I especially liked that last line. "Keep your head, but don't be afraid to lose your heart." I might have to start using that frame of mind.

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    No objections here, Melyanna

21. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Good saber fight. Hmmmm, more Kyp bashing...

If you bring back Ganner, he could take him, as could almost anyone else on that ship. Anyway, looking forward to the next post!

22. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Sounds groovy.

Post soon!

JediFarfy

23. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    That was great! But I want to see some more Kyp abuse. Maybe loss of a limb.

24. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Ooh, nice last line, there! You tell her, Mara! Give this romance a boost! But why do I have the impression that Kyp won't settle for getting his lightsaber truncated and admitting that Jaina's a better person than he is? Hmm, hmm. Looking forward to the next installment!

25. HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE

HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2001
    Melyanne,

Make Jacen go rescue a Princess or Queen of Naboo. You know they find the Naberrie/Skywalker history.

By the way.... GREAT POST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.