main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
  2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I'm guessing Little Miss Princess is Tenel Ka... but I could be wrong :)

3. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Wow..this was gooooood! When are you gona bring Ganner/Danni into the story? I wonder what you have in store for those 2. :)

4. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I probably won't get a new post up today. My mom took today off so she can spend quality time with her daughter before I leave Sunday, and me sitting at the computer typing doesn't qualify as quality time in her opinion. However, if you're good and keep this thread up, you might get two posts tomorrow. :D

5. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Wahoo! Kyp has no lightsaber now, making it much easier to beat him up later! :D

Can't wait for more!

6. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    That's good. Spend a good day with your mom, that is more important. You'll be glad you did when you get to college. Will look forward to a post tomorrow.
    Keep up the good writing.

7. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I dom't mind you spending time with your mom.I wish my mom did that.I think I can wait until tommorow .Can't wait.two posts you say?

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I may (that being the operative word) be able to get a post up later today. I've got it written, but not typed.

padawan lunetta: No, the princess isn't Tenel Ka. I didn't read the YJK books, so I'm not comfortable writing her. This will be an original princess for Jacen.

9. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    She's not from Naboo...is she? *very very very hopeful look that she isn't*

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    whenever you get it up is fine with me (as long as is a reasonable time) but I'll be around today and this time tomorrow

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, you lucky people. I found some spare time. Enjoy!

-------

I spent most of the day in meditation, reliving every word, every look, every touch since Jag's arrival. I couldn't believe I had missed something so obvious. Some Jedi I am. As for my feelings about him...well, my thoughts were so mixed up that I held out little hope of ever sorting things out.

That left me one option. I needed to talk to Jacen. He would tease me unmercifully, but he was just being my brother. That came with the territory. But when things got too confusing for me, my best course of action was usually to talk to my brother. My twin knew me better than anyone else, sometimes better than I knew myself.

I found him in the landing bay, sitting on the boarding ramp of the Shadow Lurker, the Jade Shadow's sister ship. Technically the gift of Talon Karrde to one Ben Skywalker, the ship was nearly identical to Mara's ship, only much smaller. From what I could sense from him, he was waiting for me.

"Causing trouble, Jacen?"

He had that goofy grin of our father's down perfectly. "Apparently I'm causing so much trouble that Uncle Luke wants me out of the picture."

It was good to hear him joke around like that. "Taking the Lurker out for a joyride?"

"I wish. You haven't seen her yet, have you?"

I shook my head. "No, I haven't gotten around to it."

"Come aboard," he said, standing. "She's a beautiful piece of work."

I followed him to the bridge. He was right, but that wasn't a surprise. Jacen had very good taste in ships.

We sat in front of the controls in silence for a while. Jacen was studying the panels in front of him, so I asked, "Jacen, are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah," he answered, his voice tinted with resignation. "Uncle Luke's sending me out to Aleria."

"Come again?"

"Aleria. Some little backwater planet out past Bakura."

"Is there a reason?"

"Their monarchy was overthrown about a week ago. The king and queen were executed, but the princess has been granted asylum with us. I suppose they think that's pretty close to a death sentence."

"Mmm," I answered noncommittally. After a pause, I said, "Well, you're going to have a cozy ride back. I'm sure you'll have fun."

Jacen's eyes narrowed. "I don't know about that. For all I know this princess is three years old and I'll be babysitting all the way back."

I shook my head, letting my hair brush my shoulders. "No, if that were the case, Uncle Luke would send Anakin."

He laughed at that. After a bit, he tilted his head to the side and said, "You know, Jaina, your hair has grown back curly. Well, not really curly, but kind of wavy-"

"I know. I do look in the mirror occasionally. And I like it this way."

"Jag likes it too."

I blushed at that, not bothering to mask it. "Jacen, I want to talk to you about that-"

"I've been wanting to talk to you too. I have to tell you, it hurts a little to see this, but it's just because you're starting a relationship alone, and it's one that could potentially hurt you a lot. I want to protect you, but I can't."

I was almost surprised by his candor. "Then you're okay with this?"

"Yeah," he replied, nodding. "This is the right step for you. I can feel it. And I'm glad it's Jag. I like him."

We stood and embraced. "I love you, Jacen."

"I love you too, Jaina."

I looked up at him, wondering when it was that he'd gotten taller than me. "How much time do you have?"

"Almost none. I was just waiting to talk to you."

"Oh. I was going to ask you to join me in a cup of caf, but in that case, you should go."

"Go have a cup with Jag," he replied, grinning.

I shoved him playfully. "Go rescue your princess."

-------

More at some point!

:D

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

12. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    :D Great post! :D

JediFarfy

13. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    If you post stuff like this in your "spare time", I wonder what happens when you really set your mind to it. This keeps getting better and better. :)

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    no kidding, Eldritch.

Great post, Melyanna! Loved the J/Jacen interaction! :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

15. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Great post!!

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Do I sense an impending romance? Why else would you put in the princess? or am I totally off?

17. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Cute post! I hope there is romance in the works... Force knows Jacen needs it! ;)

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, Ishy, there are a few reasons. Let me enumerate.

1. Jacen can't be around in the impending plot twist. [face_devil]

2. There's irony in it. (Like father, like son, etc.)

3. I'm leaving my options open for a possible sequel about Jacen.

Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in a sequel about Jacen?

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah. I would be interested in a sequel. And definitely irony.

20. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Yep.and that was good.is the next part coming soon?

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Need you ASK???

:D

Is there a "reward" involved? >:)

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, actually. Jaina is a far more popular character than Jacen.

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    I like Jacen better, though Anakin's my favorite. :)

24. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    True. True that. Anyway, great post. A sequel would be nice, as would the irony. Does Kyp get his you know what beat by you know who in the next post?

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'd read a sequel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.