main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Off the Wall Idea: Could they divide the new Canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedimarine, May 4, 2021.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

what she said was true....from a certain point of view
    Animation is sorta the path of least resistance

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yess there is, but also one of thw writers for high republic said he could choose any era he wanted to tell, including 200 years after ST if he liked, witch tells me they are very intrested in continnue post ST era. Plus Filoni wants to tell the story of Ahsoka witch might not also be post TROS, and Kix is still around another Filoni character.

wmu'14 likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The main thing that irritated me about both the EU and Canon timelines is the Clone Wars only being 3-4 years. That feels like way too many stories/events to pack in that amount of time...at least 6-7 years would be nice.

wmu'14 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lego is some weird limbo. I think Pablo once said the broad strokes happen in things like the freemaker adventures. But the goofieness didn’t

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean if you reeeeeeeeeallly wanna draw a lens to this, don't all Star Wars stories take place within their own little weird continuities.

Like Resitance and Rogue One exist in the same universe.

But if Kaz appeared in live action I doubt he would be as much of a goofball as he is in the show.

Since every on screen creator is telling the Star Wars universe through a certain lends

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2021
  6. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I think people do tend to forget that, while we haven't had any material set after the ST, we have had plenty of comics, a segment of Battlefront II, several novels/short story collections set immediately before and during the trilogy, a theme park and a whole animated TV series. And that's all without mentioning the fact that a lot of the post-Endor canon material, from Aftermath to Lost Stars to (especially) Bloodline, exists partially to set up the events of the trilogy. Plus, we just had a whole arc of the Darth Vader comic devoted to a planet/concept introduced in TROS.

Yes, the output leaves a little to be desired, but it's not quite the barren nothingness that some people act like it is. It's certainly had more tie-in material than something like The Mandalorian (which also seems to be tangentially related to the ST in some way). I think the truth of the matter is just that Disney is far more protective of the 'movie canon' than pre-sale Lucasfilm was, and tries to avoid situations where a new novel/comic could potentially contradict an ongoing film saga. The aforementioned Vader comic, while nothing groundbreaking, is evidence that they're beginning to ease up on it now that the trilogy has concluded.

7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I could be wrong, but I feel like The Mandalorian has had more of a cultural impact than the entire ST, or at least the last two films. I think this fact will have a massive impact on where we go next.

Also I strongly believe television is becoming more culturally important than movies, especially with the current pandemic's influence. Just compare the Agent of Shield-era Marvel to the current slate of shows. Another Star Wars trilogy may not even be something on the agenda.

wmu'14 and iFrankenstein like this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Good point, and if you look at complete Star Wars Timeline on Reddit you'll actually see there are quite a lot of stories set in the "ST Era"

Jedimarine likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think rangers of the new republic will get us the best look into the ST era with he goverment and all.

10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    It should, but how deep do you think it will go?

I am expecting we might see some officials rather than a James Luceno esq look into the senate.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it will begin with just some officals and solwy get an inside look into the senate.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I outright think Rangers might be more of a western style show than an actual political/military story.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well i think it might be both, as we have so many western shows with Filoni in mandoverse here now, but Filoni also loves to do his politics stories.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    When do think it is set?
    Or are you called "The ST Era" everything after ROTJ?

15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I would have thought a 25-30 year gap is enough to seperate eras.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

according to book timeline it was

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Then all is right with the world.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

ST Era is called Rise of the First Order

And the Era Mandoverse is in is called, “New Republic Era”

AusStig likes this.
  19. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    It will be interesting to see if/when they put the divide between the eras.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I know for myself I prefer the start of Bloodline be the beginning of the Rise of the First Order era so....28 ABY.

Golbolco likes this.
  21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    “Reign of the Empire” is Bad Batch to Rebels, (which begins “Age of Rebellion”)

So that’s a period of ...15is Years, if that’s any indication.

wmu'14 and Golbolco like this.
  22. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    15 years should be a minimum for an era, although clearly the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War would both be in violation of that if we consider them eras unto themselves.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, I suspect that’s why the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War have been rolled into larger eras. Both are only a little over/under a decade, but I suppose it’s something.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Golbolco likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think Age of Rebellion is 13 years if it starts in 6BBY (When Rebels start i think) to probably Return to Jedi.

25. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    No.

I just wish Legends hadn't demoted to non-canon. I'd have preferred them just say 'there's two canons.' In my head, that's what it is anyways, but I'd have preferred it be 'official.'

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Malachi108 and Golbolco like this.