main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICAL C3 HOTEL PLANNING** **BIG UPDATE 4/14/05**

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Snarky is a mild hateful, for those who are wondering. ;)

Sunday at the con was bad for a lot of people...but I would also like to add my apologies to the pile. I was uber snarky, and if I wounded anyone, let me know and I'll do my best to make amends...maybe.

lol

that was snarky...get the picture? :D

Anyway, just agreeing with the sleep idea. C3 is long and I want to shoot for an nightly average of 7.2 hours if I can.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Really? I thought snarky was more heavy sarcasm. For example, I thought of Jack O'Neill's sense of humor as snarky.

Yeah. Sunday. Ung. Painful. And if we start C3 on Thurs... that would put us at painful on Sat, with still Sunday to get through. Not good. I think the sleep thing is a good course of action.

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I thought snarky was more heavy sarcasm.

my mom has always referred to my sarcasm as caustic and hateful. I hate that word hateful, lol.

so yes, snarky is heavy sarcasm...with a bit o' the funny thrown in every once in a while for good measure.

oh...I have an idea to throw out for those of us flying to C3...since our rooms have kitchenettes, have we thought about ways to get groceries? I think thats way cheaper than eating out for five days.

maybe we can chip in on a rental car or something.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Good question! I like the idea of groceries and saving money. *shrug* I guess we could either chip in to rent a car, or perhaps sweetly ask someone who is driving out to the con for a ride to a local supermarket? :)

(Or, we could all get in costume and drive to the supermarket in the project vehicle... and scare the crap out of the local population. :D)

5. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    that would give us more money to buy toys.

6. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I know I am going to buy groceries(?sp?). I did it last time and it worked great. :D

7. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes. Buy groceries there = less stuff to take = less stuff to bring back = MORE room for toy cargo. :D

8. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    As for us, we're still trying to decide the universal question:

Are we driving, or flying?

And the other universal question:

Are we taking our little girl? She'd love it, but can a 4-year-old handle all the craziness?

9. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    yeah, that could be overwhelming to a child.

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do. While I'm in Indy for C3, the wife wants to visit her sister in South Bend, Indiana, along with the 3 kidses.

I do not relish the thought of driving the 18+ hour dirve there (and with their bladders, it would be more like 36+ hours each way). Yet I'm not keep on paying for all of the seats for 2 adults and 3 kidses. I have a feeling that we'll fly to Indy, get them a car to go to SB and I'll take a shuttle to the hotel.

I really wanted to make the road trip in the vehicle with you all, but part of the conditions for me going to C3 is the fam going to SB. Oh well, at least she is saying that I can go, and that I can make both Biker Scout and Snowtrooper armor. :)

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    buying food out there sounds great to me. it would be so much cash to eat out every meal while we are there. plus i think i would die from all the junk food.

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    well, i was looking at renting a vehicle to drive out there in(if we dont get the project done) HA. it would cost too much. I would get to pay around 500 for the van i would rent, then after the first 1000 miles i get charged .25 for every mile afterwards. indie is 1100 miles one way. so i might just trade in my car and get a newer vehicle to drive out there.

13. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Obey...That's true. :)

Hmmm...if Rachel and I fly, we could leave the little girl here with family, since we'd only be gone for 3 nights.

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

BUMP fer the newbies!!!!!

15. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    I got a van,if I dont fly out you can go with me.

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Will the hotel let us pay the balance with a cashiers check? Thats some heavy bread to put on a card.

17. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    M- Since credit cards aren't 'charged' until you checkout, that shouldn't be a problem.

However, the issue involves the fact that your card is 'assessed' the full amount at check in, to earmark the funds, so if that bumps you over your limit, your card could be declined.

I would perhaps check with the Hotel to see what options are available.

I've already encased my credit card of choice in carbonite pending our arrival next April...

18. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    As have I. No more shall purchases touch my special edition Darth Vader MasterCard until next April! :D

Do you think I could get George Lucas to sign it???

Do you think I could get Dave Prowse to sign it, and then sell it on eBay for the balance on it, so I could pay off the card? [face_laugh]

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That would be funny TK.
    Jeff & I are going all out, we are staying Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun & maybe Monday :D We are flying, because Jeff is getting almost as old as me ;)
    We may do some lunches, breakfasts and late night snacks in our room & I would love to do the grocery thing while we are there.

Other then that it's no holds-bar (or whatever that saying is) if we want it we buy it!! Once in a lifetime opprotunity, we are not passing on anything because we can't do it next year or ever have a chance to do it again :p

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Woohoo!!! Party time!!! [face_love]

21. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    I will bring the ice.

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
  23. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but I don't see myself buying a whole lot of stuff at C3. My main SW obsessions are Legos, props, and costumes. My Lego obsession will be quenched at the end of the month for awhile (BWA HA HA!!!), so I see my biggest expense as being just getting READY for C3. :D

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Getting ready for CIII may get pricy, but I think we are starting early enough that it shouldn't make a huge dent at one time.

Our major expense is going to be airfare, hotel & meals. Other then that, a t-shirt would be cool?

25. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    lots of toys for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.