main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Offical group outings here

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    April 25th is good for me too. I feel the need to get out and kill...I meet paint someone. I also want to know if we can bring our own gear. I know Wally World has some great, reasonabley priced equipment and it would be great to have our own stash so we can play on our own at other times. I can think of a number of places where we can play that are not set up courses. I bought my ex husband a great set up called "ICE" at Wal-Mart and it is a lot of fun to take on camping trips and such.

2. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Exactly what I was thinking, D. I have seen a gun and ammo for $30ish at my walmart. If I'm payin to rent a gun, why not pay $5 more and get to keep it instead?

We gotta keep all of our options on the table, and choose the best one, I say! :)

Jace

3. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Yes you can bring your own equipment with you if you have it, I do plan to buy paintball gear some time in the future but not right now, I want to play and also get my costumes and blasters done first.

here is the website again for this place.

www.showdownpaintball.com

The reason the 25th was choosen for this event is due to the fact I dont want to rush anyone to come up with the money to play and we have other things coming up this month too that members want to do and the Bar-B-Q is this month too, so this will give us a really good finish to April and bring us into May.

MAY

Speaking of May, what do you guys wanna do for May?????
    Start hitting me up with idea" you guys, heres one we can all do, I was down at the IMAX a few weeks ago with my parents we went to see the NASCAR IMAX EXP.3D ( go see this its awsome and its in 3D), and we walked around down at Channleside some, I walked inside of SPLITZVILLE the new bowling/pool place this place was really cool and it just opened up this past month. I do have aome info you guys think you might want to do this, just let me know and I'll post some info and make the call.

4. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    All most forgot, I posted this event on the ORLANDO SYSTEM FFBs asking them if they wanted to join us they could, that goes for the 501st and Rebel Legion as well. And other friends that want to come and have fun as well.

5. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Im with you too. (plays sappy force theme)

Definatly want to do the shirts,and if we could have a camraperson there to document... all the better :)

Onward

6. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    OK. At work today, checked out the "el-cheapo" paintball guns. Two words: SUCKED A$$!!! So I got the most expensive gun they had, $100 (came with a mask too :) ), and a bunch of Ammo for it. I'm ready for paintball fun on April 25th.... Are YOU?

Muahahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

;)
    Jace

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    May is Star Wars week ends, I am going to be there on May 15 & 16th. Then helping Denise move on the last weekend. I may also go again one day the 22nd and 23rd. weekend to use up my pass. I might be able to do the picture person for April 25th, if I still have no extra work by then.

8. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Definatly want to do the shirts,and if we could have a camraperson there to document... all the better

Who would THAT be?! HMMMMMM....

I'm willing as long as NO ONE FREAKING SHOOTS AT MY CAMERA :) And we get to switch off.

~Neszis~

9. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Yes a camra guy would be great and if Arron does this and anyone shoots close to him I'll have to deal with me unless he's playing in the game and taking pictures then he's fare game, sorry dude.

I might and go out buy my own gun too over at sports authority(not sure if its right) thye have some really nice stuff over there too, like what Jace got, a gun, mask and ammo too. Not sure of the prices yet but I think you can check them out on line also.

So at this point Id like everyone that is planning on playing for 100% sure as of right now to join the list, just cut and paste the last persons name on to your post, so far we a good list of about 12 people, lets get more. Im calling Sue back right now at the SHOWDOWN to let her know what is going on with us all. So lets start that list.

People playing paintball

ROSS

10. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK I just got off the phone with Sue at SHOWDOWN and she has us on the 25th to come and play paintball there, she will hold 10 to 12 sets of equipment for us to play but if you would like to pick up your own stuff to make cheaper on you for the next time we do this or where ever we go to play again that is not a problem at all. So the 25th is GAME ON for paintball, I do hope you guys show up for this event and not let me down here, still no word from anyone from ORLANDO wanting ot play, a few said they might come.

Jace and Lisa have said they will help with t-shirst to wear, I will look into this next weekend for t-shirts that are cheap and make cut outs for them to be painted with the logos, we will need a kinda big box to put them into to pick shirts for sides at the feild.

We can talk more about that at the meeting/bar-b-q.

11. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    GO here for cheap paintball kits with a mask a gun and a hopper for paintballs to go into on the gun, they are cheap I seen one set for $40 nice to semi-auto also NO full autos.

www.sportsauthority.com

do a search for paintball and they will come up.

HAPPY HUNTING

12. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    I found more cheap paintball gear today at Wal-Mart, some nice stuff, priced pretty good, these are starter kits which will get you a mask and a gun only, no air tank but they do have the air tanks there to buy. If you go to Wal-Mart they are back in sporting goods, they a have a very nice selection of stuff there, if buy your own stuff let me know so I can tell Sue at showdown that you have your own gear now. They gear I saw will run you about the same to play at he feild, maybe just a little less but the good news is you wont have to rent or buy gear the next time we play. Which I think this might turn out to be a regular thing for us, I know I plan on buying my own gear as well, And Jace has bought some gear already himself.

Ladys the armor I was talking about for you to make, is taking some cardboard from boxs and cutting it up to fit your body and using ducktape to hold it in place under what ever you plan on wearing. You could amke this and wear like to sets of sweat with the cardboard amour in between them.

I also bought the t-shirts today to make the shirts I was talking about, for us to wear after we got the hang of this, they would be for like halfway thru the day we could pick ****rs out of the closed up box and wear them for like the last few games of the day or even just all day swtich sides and stuff.

I heard from Melaine today over at the ORLANDO SYSTEM Fan Club, that she is planning on coming to play with usand she is not sure if anyone else is coming but I hope they do.

She has also extend us in invation to go Canoeing with her group on the 8th of May not sure where they are planning to go just yet. i will get more info if anyone wants to do this event with them, it is on a Saturday and I have to work that Saturday. I will bring this up at the meeting also.

See you all at the next meeting on the 17th at Maries place

Oh yeah dont forget to

SING UP FOR PAINTBALL

got it???? any questions?????

Oh one more thing.....

13. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    The list of people playing PaintBall has grown to 15 people now are confermed to playing wiht us, one is from Orlando's fan group.

So keep on signing up for paintball everyone, we need more girls for this event 3 girls and like 12 guys.

14. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Long as we get to Shoot some of you GUYS and don't have to just be cheerleaders. I used to play a mean lasertag in Georgia a few years ago and The DragonLady is back in town!!!!

15. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Ah, but those lasers dont hurt, as they explode against ones body, at the tournament regulation 300 feet per second.....

Paintballs do :)

( Is the body armor ONLY for girls? Just checking )

(I mean, I dont want to act sissyfied, but they hurt like a motherfuc-ah,nevermind)

:)

16. JediZRissa

JediZRissa Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2004
    I am organizing a lazer-tag night & will be inviting the Rebel Legion & 501st. Please let the Orlando chapter know too. And kids are welcome, subject to our charter's policy. I'd like to find out who is interested & get an idea of what arrangements would suit the group. (See below.) Q-zar has no problem with costumes, having hosted Star Trek groups. This sounds like a lot of fun. The arena is abou the size of a high school gym & has mazes, fog & so forth. The mazes are even big enough for players in wheelchairs--it's been done, I've been told.

I haven't decided on a firm date, but am considering June/July, since lots of us will be doing SW Weekends in May through early June & Q-Zar is less crowded in the evenings then.
    We have 2 routes we can go:
    A--Group Rate during regular business hours: For 2 games = $10/person
    2 games + private room (can bring own drinks) = $15/person
    2 games + private room + unlimited sodas = $20/person
    The $15/20 is what their rep recommends for a club like ours if we go group rate, since we'll have a place to do our own thing. A week's notice is
    needed & the minimum number is 10.
    Game time: Each game is 15 minutes. The first game includes a 15 minute briefing on rules, how the weapon works & so on; so is about 45 minutes
    including vesting & getting scores afterwards.

B--Rent the facility on a night they're closed: $400 minimum. Monday or Tuesday night only. This includes 2 games & the run of the place. Also, we can opt for longer game lengths. If we go for the $20 rate, we'll have the sodas & the only extra money you'd pay would be for any food & video games.
    I'd need to reserve at least 2 weeks ahead, so they can arrange for staff & so on. Over all, I think renting Q-Zar at the $20 rate would be the best
    deal-which means we need at least 20 participants.

17. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    fEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR ARMOUR(SISSY0 IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ARMOUR YOU GUYS(SISSY).

18. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    I'll pass on the tag, I'm doin the paintball. A REAL sport :) If I can get a scar to show for it, its a REAL sport :)

Am I crazy?

Crazy about PAINTBALL!! SIGN UP NOW :)

19. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Just be mindful not to fire on anyone at point blank range. I'm ready to get down and dirty boys!!!! Bring it on!!!! [face_devil]

20. GeeksGoneBad

GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2003
    the last time I played paintball, this dude came running out of this tunnel slipped and fell right in front of me, hit gun went off and blasted me right in the face, point blank practically...

boy... paint sure does taste good.... NOT! :) LOL

21. Gov_Jade

Gov_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2003
    I cant afford to participate...but I will be there to cheer peeps on...

22. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK I need a FULL list of people that WILL be playing paintball FOR SURE on the 25th, after I get off work Saturday I am planning on going out to the feild and see Sue in person and set things up and give her a head count of how mant of us will be playing. If you are planning on playing, please post here if you have not already, here is my full list so far. If you have changed your mind please tell me now so i can remove you from my list, thank you.

Me
    Jace
    Denise
    Lisa
    Jamie
    Meliane - Orlando System Eventperson
    Arron
    Lisa
    Kevin
    Darrle
    Rich
    Russ
    Jeff
    Mike
    Matt
    Jeremy
    Hyber-Hex(sorry dude I dont remember your real name--my bda)

WOW what a kick ass list, 18 people for paintball so far.

These people have equipment -

Jace
    Me

If anyone else has equpiment let me know I need to tell Sue this info also, thank you.

I will be bring the shirts with me, Jace and Lisa ahve said they will help me make them on the 17th at the meeting/bar-b-q. Sorry guys no one gets to keep a shirt, I will be holding on to them form future use in outings for to use, YES I will wash them or you can wash them and get them back to me if you are a memeber of 1138. All other please leave them with me, thank you.

More details to follow up on paintball this weekend after I speak with Sue, so check back here later.

23. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    I will have my own equipment too!!! The Clawdite assasin will be kicken some major butt!!!

24. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I have invited two of my friends to come along, Sean (whom most of you have met) and Chris (whom LukeCeremonial and Codemaster have met). They will probably be coming, and we'll probably all pick up our own crappy gear for 30 bucks at Wal-Mart first ;).

EDIT: when I say Wal-Mart, I mean sports authority. And when I say crappy, I mean REALLY crappy. Like, 30 bucks for EVERYTHING pump action probably can't shoot straight crappy. We r teh ghett0!@1?!1!1111one

What do you guys think about pooling on a huge box of paintballs? Buying it all in bulk will make it so we pay less (duh), but we should probably support the field and buy the box from their stock.

~Neszis~

25. GeeksGoneBad

GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2003
    There's a ton of paintball stuff on eBay... But I don't know what's good or not...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.