main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Offical group outings here

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    OK OK OK here we go,,,Showdown is still looking forward to us coming out on the 25th to play, they are having some trouble with the people next door but she told me its still on and if not she has told me she will call me with plenty of time and set us up with another paintball feild for that day.

The group rate for each person playing WILL be $52 for your gun, mask, air tank, and all day air and FREE lunch for us.

If you can go out and buy your gear I would goto Wal-Mart to do so, they nice gear kits there and a box of a 1,000 rounds of paint is only $20.

A few of us have already bought gaer and some are still planning on buying this weekend to buy gear.

Arron good luck with that pump action stuff dude, they do have air power stuff cheap dude, look into. We do plan on doing this a regular thing with in the group of us that play this weekend.

Showdown opens at 9am on Sunday, does anyone ahve a problem getting up and out to the feild by 9am so we can play all day and really get in some good fun and good use of our time and gear?

I will explain more about the city stuff with the paintball feild and what is happening with that at the meeting.

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Ok how about a movie? Van Helsing stars May 7th. good vampire stuff??

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    hell ya! That flick looks Fricking amazing! If its nything like Underworld, I'll love it!

-Jace

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm working Fri. days maybe nights too, but can go Sat., or Sat. night.

5. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I'm up!!! Also what is the rate if you bring your own gear?

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    What are you bringing for gear to a vampire movie? Ah! yes, the wooden stakes, crosses, garlic, holy water...okay I can get into that like a Rocky Horror Picture Show participation.

7. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    No I was actually replying to the Paintball info. Maybe we shold have a separate thread for Tentative events. But I like your idea about the stakes and stuff, perhaps we can turn it into a real PREMERE like we do for SW flicks.

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, we could SW vampire hunters!!

9. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Are we planning on Van Helsing? Let me know if we are planning a Fri. or sat. night.
    Thanks,
    Marie

10. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
  11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Sat. is better for me too Jace.

12. JediZRissa

JediZRissa Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2004
    Just a reminder--there is a thread to sign up for Lazer-tag. I'm planning one on May 8th (per a date suggestion our Events Chair had at the Apr meeting) & am willing to arrange one in late June as well.
    The family & I "reconned" it & had a great time!

13. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    If its nything like Underworld, I'll love it!

If it's NOTHING like Underworld, I'll love it!

:)

I am really looking forward to this because the poster reminds me of Stephen King's The Dark Tower series a LOT.

~Neszis~

14. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Was Underworld a great flick? NO. Was it a GOOD solid action/adventure movie, with great special effects, and good old fashioned a$$ kicking?

Yes.

And in my opinion, anything with Vampires (especially ones that look like Selene from Underworld) is a good film.

Oscar-worthy, it most certainly was not.

15. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    I've got your back Jace, lol.
    I liked Underworld.
    There is actually a special edition Underworld DVD coming out soon also.

16. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Was it a GOOD solid action/adventure movie, with great special effects, and good old fashioned a$$ kicking?

For words: So Was Tomb Raider.

~Neszis~

17. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    FOUR is usually spelled with that old letter "U" included ;)

And I agree. So WAS tomb raider. (selene should fight lara croft)

Onward

18. Xyber_Hex

Jan 3, 2004
    On a side note, the pics that were taken Sunday I will toss up as soon as I throw them on a host.

19. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Ross, are we doing Van Helsing movie on Sat. evening, May 8th?

20. Xyber_Hex

Jan 3, 2004
    Either Sat or Sun works for me.

21. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hello, just been working my azz off this past week, doing 15to17 hour days uo to the pan handle.

YES we can do V.H. movie night on the 8th, also due out that same week is the NEW movie KING ARTHUR, and it looks really good, I seen the trailer last night before going to bed and I was blown away by it.

So the next week Id like to see KING ARTHUR if anyone wants to see it?

What time is good for everyone to see VH?

Im pretty sure I will have my bestfriend with me that night from Michigan too.

22. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    7 pm is good, If you folks don't mind, my Mom wants to see VH also. She is cool so you'all can act like yourselves around her. Later is okay too, as I am planning dinner for Mother's Day with my Mom before the movie.

23. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hmmm! everyone seems to be very busy this week...nmot much posting going on.

Hope everyone has great Mother's Day!!

Okay, June events!! are we going for the beach party down at Ft. Desoto Park? If so we need to start planning this now. Are we going to invite other groups? If so we need to post an invite on their boards so they can prepare and save the date.

What date? Sunday is the best for this after personal observation and arriving early Sunday morning is good so a pavillion or group of tables is held. I can go early, but will need others to help hold tables and an area.

Banner??? why not, we can make one!!!

Father's Day is June 20th so that may be out for a date, but the 13th or the 27th looks good and gives us time to get going and get things planned and done.

So I need some feedback from our events chairperson on this and everyone else.

As of July, I will probably be working a second job and will be able help with events on a limited basis...

So let's get this planned so we can have a great day!!

Marie

24. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    May 8th Van Helsing, I'm there, Marie.
    King Arthur has "who in it" and when does it start?
    Troy also starts the weekend of the 14th
    and the list of great summer movies goes on and on.
    My plate is full. I still want to get on to additional paintball outings, but have been overwhelmed by real life for the time being. Finances are tight to the point of "screaming buffalos" and my MOM is in the hospital. So If not there in body, there in spirit. MTFBWYA [face_devil]

25. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey everyone VAN HELSING is playing at 7pm tonight downtown at Channleside and this is where I will be seeing it with my friends fom Michigan, any who wants to come and see it with us is more then welcome to come. They have been asking if anyone is coming to see it with us. We will be down there early to spend time walking around Channleside checking out things. Maybe going to see the old WWII ships there and the over size fish tanks next door as well. We hope that there will be a cruise ship also to see docked at Channleside, and we plan on checking out SPLITZVILLE also while there before the movie starts at 7pm.

Hope to see some of you there tonight, goto yahoo.com and click on movies to get show times for Channleside and get directions to get there its not hard to find its right down the street from where they play hockey at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.