main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Official accomodation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 2, 2011.

1. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    When I booked at the Rosen Centre on Thursday, the booking agent informed me that people were making reservations for 50, 100 and even 200 rooms at a time.
    Therefore, if that is the case, then, that would be a reason why the Rosen might be filled.
    Also, some fans will cancel between now and next August.

2. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    ^ I?m surprised that they allowed them to book so many rooms. The Rosen Centre is my first choice so I?ll be looking for rooms to open up. I booked a backup room at the Red Roof Inn. Has anyone stayed there? Is it decent?

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    That's INSANE!! I booked ONE triple...

4. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    ^^^ If there is ANY truth to EnviousSerious-Rue's post, then I am simply disgusted by this. Whether it was done online or by phone, there just should've been something preventing that kind of bulk-booking. What's the purpose? Try and SCALP those reservations?!

5. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    Thanks!!!

6. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    Please can you put me on the list for the Orlando Hilton Quigonobi2 from UK FF

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Done

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Since there are at least three mods editing the list, can we all agree to post "done" or something, just like echo-3 did, so that the next mod knows where to start looking for names to edit in. :)

9. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    I have no reason whatsoever to be deceptive and create stress to fellow fans.
    I was just as upset when I heard this gentleman telling me this.
    The only explanation possible is blocking off rooms for people across the country and around the world.
    Dragon*Con was no different. If you were one of the lucky few to book more than one room, then you were the lucky one.
    It is obvious that when the Rosen Centre is totally booked, then other hotels will start filling their's.
    I've kept a watch on other post and fans have stated since Saturday that the the Rosen is booked.
    Reservations for this event is not controlled by the Rosen but another booking firm.
    For my fellow 501st Legion brothers and sisters, I posted the contact number: 1-866-385-4836 for the hotels in the area.

At the time of my booking last Thursday, Adam said to me, "Thank goodness you're booking now. If you had waited too long, I couldn't have helped you now."

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wow... if true, that's really disappointing. I'd figured the Rosen Centre was going to open up a bigger block of rooms later, not that the whole place was sold out.

Is Rosen Centre an official hotel for either the 501st or RL?

11. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Love this line in the reservation confirmation e-mail from The Peabody:

Shuttle service between the hotel and the event is NOT provided.

:D

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Personally I wonder if the tales of people booking 50 or more rooms might be a misunderstanding. I would guess that OnePeak at first requested a certain amounts of room, when that wasn't enough they requested more, it might be them that has asked for that many rooms. For us who have done our reservations it's probably so that the reservations are made with OnePeak, but haven't been sent to the hotel yet, which of course would make it a bit confusing for the people taking the reservations.

13. BigFortuna

BigFortuna Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    I can't believe some hotels are already full, kinda hard to belive. In any case i booked the Peabody :) I just have to cross the street and it's a great hotel, quite fancy, more expensive than the others but i love the distance advantage, no need of a car or any transport that would cost the difference anyway.

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated

15. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hubby and I just booked a room at the Rosen Plaza. We're going down a couple of days early so we can get some non-SW fun in (for his benefit.) We stayed at teh Hampton Inn last time, and had a great experience with the shuttle. (This might be a stupid question) does anyone know if there will there be a shuttle for the Rosen Plaza, or will we have to hike it?

Someone posted a (very) detailed map last time, is that still available?

16. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    ^ The Rosen Plaza is on the other side of the convention center. I use Google Maps to see where the hotels are relative to the convention center.

17. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Its a 3 min walk.

18. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Hey gang, remember my Google Map from CV?

Well, it's back! I just went through and cleared out the CV info and started adding everyone to it for CVI. Feel free to drop this link in the original post. I'll keep it as updated as possible.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=203193147072962791842.00047abd30483f98614b5&z=12

19. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    This was posted yesterday.

The ROSEN CENTRE HOTEL is the official hotel for the 501st Legion.

Now I understand the 200 room block.
    And they're going like hotcakes!

20. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Rosen Centre opened up a small handful of rooms this morning - no more than 5 for the whole Aug 22-26 period. Luckily, my brother was able to change our reservation over from the Rosen Plaza just in time to snag the last room.

So you can put me down for Rosen Centre... again! Yay!

You can still book a room at Rosen Centre if you don't mind staying somewhere else on Sat 8/25... or you can wait for more rooms to open up, which I'm sure will happen. You just need to be vigilant and check every morning.

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Doing some recon and everyone here seems to have personal experience with the different hotels. RMFF is booked at Embassy Suites, I like the full hot breakfast every morning, the evening 'Managers' reception w/ free food & drinks as well at the living room area separate from the bedroom and they have refrigerators.

But we also have rooms at several other hotels until we can agree or see how everything pans out, cost vs. amenities, etc. So any information you have on what each hotel offers would be great, mostly because I?m lazy??? No I?m too busy and everyone here seems to be full of info, not sure if you can list prices or not but that would be great if you can :D

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated, but not with RMFF until you have decided where you are going to stay.

23. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    Hey Sith__Chick! MrSkinnee here. Had a blast hanging out with you all in the RMFF at the Embassy Suites last year! However, this time around, the less time I'll have to spend in the heat walking back to my room, the better. So for me, convenience is the deciding factor. Although, I can certainly see the breakfast and afternoon drinks being a strong draw. Its a tough choice. I look forward to seeing you all regardless of where you stay!

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm with you on the whole convenience thing Johnny!

Embassy Suites is a great hotel. Being able to grab a quick (and free) bite of hot breakfast before leaving each morning was awesome. I just wish the hotel was a lot closer to the convention center.

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Rosen Centre for me! Nothing like a one-minute walk to the con! :D