main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    "So many" is a bit of an overstatement LOL. It's happened a grand total of two times (Lord/Miller & Trevorrow). Remember that Edwards never stopped working on Rogue One (he and Gilroy had a similar collaboration on Godzilla) and Benioff/Weiss left of their own volition because Netflix offered them a $200 million deal.

Obviously Favreau & Filoni don't have full creative control (no filmmaker working on a massive IP is going to get that, unless you find yourself with a lot of leverage like Lana Wachowski had on The Matrix Resurrections or you outright own said IP like George Lucas with the Prequels). But neither man has ever said anything to suggest that their Disney+ shows represent anything other than their creative vision (and generally, people who have major creative differences with their studio do not stick around long enough to produce what will soon be six seasons of TV in Favreau's case), so "Kennedy is forcing them to use ST elements!" is a massively weird assumption based on nothing other than your own feelings towards those films. Particularly given Filoni himself was involved in the development of the ST storyline.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Absolute hogwash.

3. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Somehow missed this until now. This to me is one of the most exciting aspects, having musical themes for characters, places and stories that don't already exist in Star Wars.

4. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Nevermind...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Do you all have any other setting then “KENNEDY SUCKS KENNEDY SUCKS KENNDY SUCKS!”? It really gets old.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Let me be even clearer: please shut the hell up with this childish Filoni is saving Star Wars from Kennedy bull****. I love Filoni, but this line of thinking is dumb, annoying, boring and bull****. It’s Kennedy who is hiring and supporting these people who are allegedly saving everything from…herself.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I love the thought process- "Favreau and Filoni are gods and the best things to happen to Star Wars ever! They're also total cucks being crushed under the boots of evil Kennedy!"

That said, @dick rodgers you've been warned time and again to quit the Kennedy bashing. If you can't control your vitriol we'll have to have a talk in Ban Land.

8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Since this show is basically the beginning of the rebellion and given Smits is in Obi-wan, I imagine he will be in this too which makes me wonder...Ahsoka?

Darth MikeSin and Shaak Ti like this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't think Bail will be in Ahsoka. :p

OK, sorry, boring joke aside, yes that's a possibility. This takes place at roughly the same time as the first season of Rebels, so Ahsoka might be Fulcrum at this point.
    It would actually be really neat if she showed up, but we only see her hooded appearance, and she's only refered to as Fulcrum, leaving the nerds like us happy with an Ahsoka appearance, and the more casual fans wondering who that mystery informant is.

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I like it! I wonder too if we might get a ghost crew or at least parts of it cameo, particularly in season 2. The timeline perfectly matches and would certainly work as a way to stitch these shows together.

Darth MikeSin and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    At first I was luke warm on this project. It seemed to be mostly Spy based, which isnt my favorite genre. But know that it is clear we will Get Mon Mothma and the Senate, i am much more excited. I love space politics. Also the actress for Mon Mothma is good in a few things if i remember correctly. I have vague memories of her in some smaller film.. Ill look up her Filmography

Edit: I didnt realize she was the voice of Mothma in Rebels! nice continuity! Bonus: she was Officer Wertz in the Matrix trilogy

12. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    The recent Vanity Fair article also made it very clear that Kennedy was responsible for bringing Filoni into the live-action big leagues. She could’ve just as easily kept him heading up the animation stuff, but she chose not to. She’s directly responsible for the level of influence he has right now.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. That’s why I’m constantly baffled by this narrative. I just want to scream “But Kathleen Kennedy AGREES with your opinion of Filoni, and is green-lighting the fulfillment of your dreams!”

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  14. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Okay, this is going back a couple of pages, but what is it with people wishing for Cal Kestis cameos in everything these days? Seriously, I get that everybody loves Fallen Order but sheesh… [face_hypnotized]

15. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    If I could pick only one character from a recent videogame to appear in live action it would be Iden Versio from BF2. Of course, I’m not as big a fan of FO as most. I spent like ten minutes trying to get back to my ship after completing the planet with the caverns and the gondolas and was hopelessly lost.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Sounds like me in the supermarket car park/parking lot. SW writers can connect with us in so many ways. On so many levels. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Haven't really said anything much about this show, but looking the imagery in the trailer, this is by far looking like the best shot (and best designed) of the live action Disney+ Star Wars shows thus far.

GunganSlayer and Foreign32567 like this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    The Birth of the Rebellion cutscenes from ROTS - could they be used in this series, like flashbacks?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Perhaps the series will open with a "history of how we got here" montage like OWK did.

wobbits and AusStig like this.
  20. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Really, there’s a bunch of cameos they could throw in if they wanted to - even something like seeing the after-effects of the Mandalorian Purge if they place it before the Battle of Yavin, or an appearance by an Inquisitor of some sort.
    Because as much as some Star Wars fans may complain about “the Galaxy feeling small” with so many familiar faces, Star Wars fans are a thirsty bunch when it comes to seeing people they like.

Still, I actually think this show is more likely to remain very self-contained.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So much I'm excited to see in this series.
    Wonder how Rebels overlap there will be?
    Ezra's address to the Galaxy near the end of Season 1, Saw Guerra stuff on Geonosis, Battle of Atallon, The Mando Purge, The liberation of Lothal and Thrawn, and Ezra's disappearance, Dantooine Address, the lead up to Rogue One. Maybe some Galen Erso or Bodhi Rook stuff leading up to it?

whostheBossk and Lulu Mars like this.
  22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    After seeing that trailer? Excitement and anticipation levels for this shot through the roof.
    Big, big fan of Rogue One and always have been. The tone, the look and the feel of the film was exactly
    what I’d hoped to.maybe one day see in a Star Wars film. Never from Lucas though but hey.
    THIS looks movie quality

Krueger likes this.
  23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    That would make me very happy.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    After what we’ve seen with Vader in the Kenobi show, I’m now really hoping we get some Sidious goodness here. :emperor:

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I want to see Seth MacFarlane's Emperor in this, filling the Senate chamber with lightning, then apologizing and blaming his morning crankiness + broken coffee machine.

...but still played by Ian, so I get to hear him get censored because he keeps saying ****, **** and *****.
    Then, I'll be content!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    Count Yubnub and Mostly Handless like this.