main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Will we see Tivik, General Draven, Melshi, General Dodonna in this series? It may not be until season 2, but has there been any hint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    LIKELY

3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh no, his accent is just fine. I like Diego Luna. It's Andor I could not care less about.

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It seems to me that when they are asking for volunteers for 'putting on a disguise to sneak around another Imperial Installation' type suicide missions he's the one taking a step forward every time. He's either very angry or very stupid.

5. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Oooor, maybe he's been doing it for a long time, and has a know-how that allows him to perform better at infiltration, therefore avoiding risking the life of less experienced agents in that particular field. He might just be the man for the job in the two or three times we've seen him doing it so far; at least it seemed to be that way in Rogue One.

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Now that I've watched the trailer more carefully, I see that this version of the Empire is not so-NonHuMan. Certainly racist toward aliens. But it looks we have some Daala-esque collaborators trying to attain power in the Imperial structure. Not saying that they will be like Daala herself, as she was very destructive in her early appearances. She's mainly interesting to me for her post-Imperial role and her alliance with Boba Fett himself. But this strikes me as more realistic. After all, the Empire sometimes recruited useful aliens like Thrawn, and so they might do something similar with women. After all, Reva was an example of that in the more Force-centric Obi-Wan Kenobi we just saw.

This is gonna be secular like Rogue One. I'm not sure why I was skeptical about Andor when I first heard about it in 2020. It must have been because TROS had spoiled my mood vis-a-vis Star Wars, which, thankfully, Season 7 of TCW ameliorated rather quickly. I think Andor is really the best character to lead this, as he represents that many citizens of the galaxy who were oppressed both under the Republic and the Empire. The difference is that people could survive under the Republic, regardless of how poor they became and morally ambiguous they had to be. The Clone Wars upended that and killed trillions. And the Empire then settled in as Palpatine's totalitarian project. You know, his excuse to build all these weapons, starve the galaxy of resources and other essentials, and so on...just so he could become a dark side god. As Andor says, "I've been in this fight since I was six years old!" A lot to work with there.

The thing I most like about Cassian, even though Jyn, Baze, and Chirrut got more attention from me, was that he's clearly a man with a good heart who was pushed to the brink. There aren't that many people who could, ya know, retain their empathy and sense of love and justice despite being ordered to kill so many people. While he's clearly no Force-wielder, he has a bit more in common with Anakin than we may think. The difference is that he was, in the end, a better person, given his friendship and support of Jyn. Anakin doesn't care that he has to kill people. Cassian does.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  7. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    New promo pics from Total Film…

Finally an alien! [face_alien] Are we happy now guys?:D

8. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    But it is a boring featureless Disney alien.
    Monkey paw in action.

9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Oooh didn't know Kathryn Hunter was in Andor. Hoping she gets up to some bizarre contortionist hijinks.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    @CrazyOldJedi’s “Gilroy hates aliens” theory has taken a hit.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    Siphonophore and Mostly Handless like this.
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Imperial politics and gender politics.

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Gender politics could be very interesting and add great drama to the imperials’ storyline. I just don’t want some feminist/gender material that’s a Trojan Horse for making her a hero, SW needs great villains to work well, “misunderstood anti-heroes” are not what I’m looking for in this one.

ezekiel22x, Darth MikeSin and Sarge like this.
  14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Vast majority of other canon material has shown that the Empire itself isn’t like the Legends depiction. They’re not really sexist in canon and there are quite a few high ranking Imperials across the books, comic, animation, video games etc who are in positions of power without any real indication that they’re dealing with prejudice.

15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Indeed.

It actually adds realism I think. An evil person/organization doesn't have to check mark every single evil ideology. So plenty of bad guys can be....bad......without being sexist nor racist.

Also I don't see the Empire having a male majority in military affairs as inherently sexist. Within lore all the first stormtroopers were male because all Jango Clones (except Omega) are male, then you have the still young clones who can become stormtroopers. Also within the real world, even though women have more acceptance in military's then they did in the past, there are still more male recruits. So I think it works like that in the GFFA. For reasons.....more men were interested in becoming stormtroopers/officers then women.

But I do want to see some prejudice against some aliens in Andor. Which can create metaphorical parallels to real world prejudice.

Foreign32567 and SyndicThrass like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. We do see one such individual - the alien truck driver with the Imperial bumper flag - in the OWK show. I suspect we’ll see a lot more of that kind of thing in this show.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

17. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    IMO, can be an interesting plot point, if sexism in ISB is not due to its been common in the Empire, but because of prejudice of the current ISB high command (emphasizing that it became ineffectual). In totalitarian government it is hard to compain about boss being unfair/bigoted.

godisawesome likes this.
  18. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Wouldn’t the head of the ISB at this point be Yularen?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes, but he might be the old white guy who is sexist. We barely see any female ISB if any.

20. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    He was a high-ranking member, but if he had been the leader, he would not have hung out with Thrawn.

21. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm deeply skeptical Disney has the range to pull off an exploration of sexism among the Empire's top ranks without it feeling ham fisted and hokey. I'm seeing people collectively roast the silly scene from She Hulk where it's just copy + pasting every clichéd pop feminist talking point in a clear attempt to be meme-able.

Not necessarily against the storyline itself, and it could hopefully be done well, but Disney's track record speaks for itself..

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is Tony Gilroy, I trust he can make it work. This is not another star wars project, this is Bourne/Star wars.

godisawesome likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So every other line is going to be "Oh my God, that’s Cassian Andor"?

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    More like god, that's Andor. Keep it short.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Nope, in the GFFA the word 'God' is replaced with the word 'Force'.

And yes, lets keep the Disney Diversity Police away from this production, they are already doing untold damage to the MCU franchise.