main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    That sounds very prude to me.

There was nothing wrong with that scene. People have these kinds of relationship all the time, and they are natural.
    Plus, you don't know how intimate they were. All the scenes between them hinted at least some level of intimacy.
    They don't have to be all lovey dovey epic romance Casablanca style all the time.
    Marriage is a human construct anyway.

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm also getting an extra layer of "entitled incompetence". I think he got a higher rank because of familial status, but that's assumption, what I mean is he didn't start out as one of the "grunts" and has little to no experience beyond the classroom. Maybe becoming more and more obsessed after every bad decision and resulting failure? Perhaps he is ejected from corporate security after the mess he created going over his bosses head, and he totally blames Cassian for ruining his career?

Sarge likes this.
  3. Krotus

Krotus Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2022
    I did an Internet search and have not seen this mentioned so please forgive me if it's been pointed out already.

Isn't the whole Star Wars saga supposed to take place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? In the intro to Andor, with the crescent of the planet on screen but before the Andor text appears, look at the very bottom of the screen, left of center and you'll see probably the most well known and recognizable asterism of Earth's night sky as seen from the northern hemisphere: the Big Dipper.

Does this mean that the saga is being told from the perspective of a sentient being in another galaxy and that our own Milky Way galaxy is that of all the action? Are the ancient alien theorists correct? [face_laugh]

Glitterstimm likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Intresting, before the clone wars. So Kassa/Cassian age retcon! So this flashback is between TPM and ATOC. So its all still the republic.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  5. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Imagine explaining it in the actual episode, and not on StarWars.com o_O

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They will probably in the coming episodes, this just extra bonus.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They didn't really need to, it was all set dressing that only nerds were confused by. None of it was really relevant to the main development- Maarva adopting Kassa.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT seems Cassian Andor is instead 9 years older then we thought he was in Rogue One. Making him 30 years old in this show. Its also good if you want to do more stories with Andor before the show.

9. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    One of my favorite scenes! The dialogue (like many scenes) was really top notch!

[​IMG]

10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Interesting . . .

So the ship was indeed CIS, makes sense given the uniforms and maybe sinister cargo. I like the “retcon” to make Cassian older, as Diego doesn’t really pass for a late-20’s early-30’s guy anymore and shouldn’t need to.

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Kassa/Cassian was born during TPM. Maybe two years earlier.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm glad they seem to have adjusted his age. I always thought he was too young before.

B3, Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT also opens up for more storytelling before Cassian Andor joins the Rebel Alliance. Like he could be the Han Solo type character. From his profil it sounds like he has had trouble with the law.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It's just not important for the story being told in the episode. Not to mention that there are still 9 episodes left in the series.

One of the best, yeah. What's his name from the Vale was great!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2022
  15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This show doesn’t feel like Star Wars as I’ve known it thus far. I really like that more that I thought I would.

The show didn’t really grab me until episode 3, but this far I’m enjoying it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    After rewatching this recent episode, I think Krennic coming to the new planet, it is more and more likley. Somone from Corucant.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I’ll be disappointed if the series doesn’t eventually show the destruction of Alderaan from the Senate POV and Palpatine disbanding the Senate.

And I hope to see corrupt Senators. In the prequels we were really only introduced to the morally upstanding Senators like Padme, Bail, and Mon (and others) in the Delegation of 2,000 scenes.

Though there were plenty of references to Senators being corrupt, we never really got to meet many any that sided with Palpatine.

Mostly Handless and whostheBossk like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Considering that the title character of the show is dead by the time Alderaan is destroyed, I very much doubt we'll see that. And it's implied that the Senate is disbanded after the destruction of Alderaan, though I guess it could have happened a few days earlier.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We could see the start of the senate being disbanded. We could get hints of Alderaan being targeted for destruction. Im sure one day we will see another version of Alderaan being destroyed.

Darth Caliban and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Alderaan was targeted pretty much on a whim by Tarkin so there’s not much to build up to. However, if young Leia is in this then perhaps we could get some nods to the antagonism Tarkin holds for her family and Alderaan.

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    True. Unless they do like TCW which ran concurrently with ROTS in its final season.

In Kenobi, Bail is reluctant to travel. But in Rogue One, both he and Mon Mothma are openly leading the Rebellion.

Even if we don’t see Alderaan destroyed and THE end of the Senate, we could see some kind of Ba’ath Party-esque purge of the Senate pre-ANH that finally forces Senators into open rebellion by the time of Rogue One

(I just want one Palpatine in the Senate scene where he’s being evil, not simply commenting on someone’s agitation)

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t know I’m pretty sure the engineer is gonna end up being Reed Richards. Just a hunch I have. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Perhaps an adaptation of this classic-

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think they should have the disbandment happen a few days earlier so it more easily fits into the show timeline. And I think "disbandment" should be horrifying. Potentially even a Red Wedding-style mass killing/ mass imprisonment of suspect Senators.

That said, the show could easily continue on for a few days after Cassian's death due to the sheer number of characters it's following. Having Mothma flee into exile after the disbandment of the Senate, for example, can certainly be included even after Cassian's death. Perhaps narratively tied to a conversation Cassian and Mothma have on the eve of the Scarif battle. Something to connect Mothma's actions when she flees to a promise she made to Cassian, or something like that. Just to keep the epilogue consistent with the show's name.

25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    This show, thus far, is more like what I thought Rebels was going to initially be. With the heroes starting out small, and dealing with local law enforcement before escalating to inquisitors, stormtroopers, and possibly Vader and Tarkin by the end of the series. But instead the Inquisitor was introduced immediately and Vader, Maul, Palpatine, and Thrawn were all included.

I am enjoying seeing the bureaucracies react to this Rebel activity and the slower escalation. The Corporate security leader didn’t want to investigate the killings, and there’s no cooperation among the ISB into dealing with a growing Rebel threat.

While I’m down for a Palpatine Senate appearance, I would prefer it if Star Wars stays away from the more fanciful Dark Side villains. But there would be room I think to show someone like Kallus or Yularen get involved, if the timeline allows it.

Thus far it’s refreshing that I haven’t seen a Star Destroyer barreling down on the heroes yet.