main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Minor potential spoiler for Andor finale I’ve been seeing but I don’t know if I believe it or not and not really sure who started it, but:

What is all this chatter I’m seeing about Maarva saying “**** the Empire”?? in a recorded hologram at her funeral?

I really pray on everything this happens to send everyone online into a collective meltdown

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m confused. Why would it cause a meltdown?

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am guessing it is a swear word. which star wars has not said before.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not quite true. We’ve had hell and ***t and damn. In any event, it’s hardly something that will cause a total meltdown.

5. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Oh come on, the Star Wars fandom is so sensitive that Han combing his hair slightly differently would lead to all the rage YouTubers complaining and Star Wars Theory posting a video of himself crying.

I already saw tons of people asking why Sgt. Mosk didn’t say “dank farrik” or something instead of the s word.

An old lady casually dropping the f bomb would turn all of them into Moms Against Sex and Violence On TV activist groups of the 80’s

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No doubt there will be a few vocal YouTube videos about it, etc. But I hardly foresee a major fan-wide controversy. Not least as most fans love this show, based on my reading.

7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    This is one of the funniest post I have ever seen on this forum.

Darth__Lobot and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    Looking forward to this weeks final episode. I think most of us agree that something is going to go down on Ferrix. But what about Luthen? Can he even return home? Will he tell Kleya to pack it in? The Empire will obviously be on the lookout for a Fondor Haulcraft now. With the ships AI, Luthen could abandon it and find a new one. But that's one cool ship man. Now, I think that's a common ship type, but it's the Empire we're talking about. They're all about overkill. They will board and check everyone in the area they know of.

9. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    Actually, I don't think there will be any real blowback from Luthen's run-in with Captain Elk. But once he and Syril are both on Ferrix and Syril has a face to go with the voice he remembers, then Dedra will plaster Luthen's mugshot on every Imperial Most Wanted list from Coruscant to Lothal.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I wonder if there's a chance that Cassian never learns that Luthen, Vel, and Cinta were looking to kill him?

11. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    If he sees and talks to Cinta, and they are now cool with each other, she may tell him about it. Sort of drop it in casual conversation. lol. She seems the type.

But I don't think Cassian is stupid. He knows he may be a target for who and what he knows.

Can't wait.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I've also wondered if Cassian assumes that there's a chance Luthen might be out to get him.

On a side note considering that we saw Nemik's manifesto in last weeks episode I wonder if that means it'll play a role in the finale? Will we see Cassian give a rousing speech on Ferrix where he quotes Nemik's work? Maybe but probably not. I'm assuming we'll just get a shot of Cassian reading it which will symbolize his full embrace of the rebellion.

whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  13. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    Has Krennic been confirmed to appear in season 2, or is that just guesswork on our parts?

It would be cool if he did see him. In Rogue One, he came across as a Starscream type figure due to how he played off of Tarkin and Vader, but it might be interesting to see what kind of dynamic he'd have with Dedra and Major Partagaz since he's higher on the food chain than either of them.

But in between Secret Invasion and The New Look, I'm not entirely sure if Ben Mendelsohn would even be available.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A year of filming, Ben Mendelson just to be free for some months.

15. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    That would be really cool. Krennic is my favorite Imperial baddie.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

"I don't think they know about the royal family. I don't think they pay much mind to that. I mean, how many beings are in that gigantic galaxy? I think the vast majority of all of the creatures and beings and sentient things that are in the galaxy, I think the knowledge of the Jedi and the lightsaber is a pretty small number."

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Apparently this rumor was confirmed by a podcast who had an advanced screener and there’s already people on Reddit fuming.

This is a marvelous time to be alive

clone commander bossk likes this.
  18. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    I know it's obviously after Andor, but in Rogue One, Cassian asks if Chirrut is Jedi.

19. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    I get the sense that Mon Mothma will be a widow by the end of season 2.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Perhaps I missed something, but why would Luthen go to Ferrix?
    I previously speculated that she may kill him herself.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  21. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    The most common speculation is to find Cassian, he's changed his mind about killing him, but his means of contacting his agents there are limited (Bix got captured for trying to get a radio signal out, and Kleya has previously told Luthen they need to use their own radio sparingly because the frequency is vulnerable to Imperial slicers). Whatever plan the main heroes use to escape the chaos will probably be his idea.

22. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Almost certainly. See the scene when Cassian visits Bix after Aldhani. He asks her a bunch of questions about Luthen then tells her to tell him he did his job and he needs to forget about him. I took all that to mean that he recognizes he is a loose end.
    Presumably Kleya passed Vel's message along. I interpreted his comments about "the other piece" to refer to Cassian and insinuate his interest in going to Ferrix.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, right. Maarva’s death, the funeral, Cassian, etc. Still, they’ve got Vel and Cinta on the case. Though I can see why he’d want to be there personally. Big risk, however.

24. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
  25. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    If that's the way they are looking at it, then 9 year old Anakin, living in a remote planet with no royal families or Jedi presence, sure knows a lot, as he was familiar enough ask about Qui-Gon's lightsaber and the Jedi.

Sarge likes this.