main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003

QFT!!!

I personally vote LA also, but I am biased as I live in San Diego:cool:

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Ohhh I knew I would catch you two on here :p

To be honest with you I am in the Uk so anywhere its going to cost alot but I shall be going either way Believe it or not flights from London to LA are quite cheap which thinking back works out cheaper than going to Indy I am sure, I am not really bothered where it is cause anywhere will be a experience to me,Indy I would feel ok about cause I know the area after attending C3 and on the other hand theres plenty of places I would like to visit in LA which of course on the top of the list is tucking into a burger from the very burger bar where george sat looked across the street at the chinese theater and thought what were all those people queuing up for?

3. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I vote for Chicago. It's a central location and reasonably priced

4. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    skywalker_1982,

I think the place you're referring to is Hamburger Hamlet. I've been away from L.A. for about 5 years now but I'm pretty sure that's the name of it. Unless Uncle George was at the McDonald's down the street from it. My memory might not serve correctly, though.

No matter what its name, the burger joint is right across the street from Mann's (a.k.a. Groumann's) Chinese Theatre. Can't miss it.

Funny thing about that theatre, I first saw "Speed" there (starring Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock). In the finale, the subway car ramps up through the street and crash lands / slides right to the entrance of the Chinese Theatre. The theatre went silent then someone in our audience with a quick wit & great sense of humor yelled out "LET'S CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!". I think the whole audience cracked up laughing! Great memories.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

5. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    It was indeed Hamburger Hamlet and it's still there - when I was in LA last year I sought it out and had dinner there just.....well, because.

6. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005

I really hope that's true. I can't wait any longer for them to announce something. <.< >.>

7. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I say we form a large peasant mob equiped with the usual torches and pitchforks, storm the Lucas castle and demand an announcement.

8. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will so HATE it ,if its in LA:_| [face_frustrated] :mad:

9. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    navarre,

How about lightsabers instead of torches?

Jay Tee

10. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I had an image of the French revolution or villagers setting fire to the old windmill in "Frankenstein". Filmed in black and white with Speilberg dressed as a priest trying to stem the tide shouting, "Stop! Stop! This is madness!". In a B&W film all the sabers would be white. How would we know who the Sith were aside from that evil eye thing they do?

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    How about we film it in B&W, then we use that aweful 80's "colorizing" technology so that everything has that weird pastel-ish look to it. Sure, the Sith blades would be more pink than red...

'Course, there's always having most of it in B&W, and just having the saber blades be in color.

12. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I don't know about all of you, but I'm super stoked if C4 is in LA. Alright, let's list positives that LA has over Indy:

1. Social Night Life - Huge because Indy had maybe two decent bars downtown, there are so many places to hang out and go out in LA it's insane
    2. Warm Weather
    3. Large Convention Center
    4. Cheap Flights...because flying to LA is cheaper than flying to Indy or other small cities. Thank you Southwest

Hate on LA all you want, but I'm a firm supporter of LA if indeed C4 is there.

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just found out that my Aunt and her son live in LA so I may be swaying over to the dark side and not minding LA.

14. DarthMedialine

DarthMedialine Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    http://groups.myspace.com/SWC4

I created this, so whoever is on myspace please be a dear and join!

Darth Medialine

15. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I am tempted to call one of the convention centers and ask just to see what response I get

16. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its been done. Initially LACC did confirm the booking, but I think they've been told to keep mum on it now.

If my source is right we should know in less than a week.

17. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Woofer I hope you are right about the announcement. It will put the debates to rest. Wait, no, people will continue to complain about the location[face_whistling]

18. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Would it hurt to start listing hotels near the Los Angeles Convention Center and their average room prices per night NOW? Since most if not all fans are on a strict budget (as am I), it would be nice to know which hotels are the cheapest.

At C3, I stayed at a great but cheap hotel a short drive away from the Indy Convention Center. However, I'm hoping to be much closer to the L.A.C.C. if possible.

If I'm not mistaken, however, the L.A.C.C. isn't straddled by hotels at all sides the way the Indy Con Center is.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee

19. WattosWrath

WattosWrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    I prefer it to be in Indy. Strictly due to the driving distance from Buffalo to Indy compared to Buffalo to LA. I'm a driver, not a flyer. If I see something, I would like to have the comfort of knowing I can stop off and visit if need be. Other then that, it really doesn't matter where it will be as long as it stays in the country. My wife and I will be there either way to pay a third visit to Star Wars Celebration.

The bottom line is, we will all have to start saving for this event now. I spent almost 2 grand between my wife and I at C3 and will probly spend twice that in L.A.. Been to the Atlantic Ocean already and sure wouldn't mind visiting the Pacific. Hollywood tops that list as well.

HooRay for L.A.

20. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    No announcement from Rick McCallum this weekend down at Disney Weekends. I don't think LA is a done deal at all. Rick McCallum's recent positive comments about Indy would contradict an LA lock.

21. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I thought McCallum wasn't involved with the decision amking process at all?

22. numerouno131

numerouno131 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2006
    He isn't, the people who desperately want it back in Indy (God knows why) cling to that comment, thinking his preference of Indy means it will return there

23. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't know the context of the statement, but if McCallum mentions "Indy" I would think it refers to Dr. Jones, not the city.

24. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The context was in regards to Celebration. However what I think is Rick McCallum just pulled out a stock phrase praising Indy as soon as he heard the word "Celebration". I've seen him repeat phrases on different topics as well.

Also from what I've been able to determine, Rick has nothing to do with the Celebration 4 planning. Unless he caught an internal memo about it, he may in fact know as much as we do! Its not his job to worry about that. Same way he wouldn't know what toy Hasbro is releasing next.

25. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Why would he not Know he will probably be there for some kind of presentation?If I was a betting man Indy may first weekend(before the big race comes to town).Anyway if it is in California there is always Star Wars weekends for us on the east coast at least we can ride rollercoasters while everyone out in LA is waiting 8 hours to see an actor for 30 seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.