main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    The new banner confirms nothing, just roll with it. ;)

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yes, never trust anything with a typo.

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001

Uhmm, You proberly will be standing in line where ever it is. Thats the nature of these things. I went to a smaller convention and still had to stand in line for a few oif the poeple i wanted to see.

I'm still workin on the wife to let us go. The next door neighbor is helping me too.

4. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    "The next person who posts calling any one else a name or even implying something rude will be banned."

You misunderstand, I AM a Hoosier (Indiana folk are normally called that). the 'nother was a deliberate mispelling of ANOTHER. So let me rephrase that post.

"Hello, I am a fellow fan from Indiana. Please allow me to speak up as well. I have no particular attachment to Indianapolis as a convention site. I do however, hope that the facility is large enough to accomodate the large number of fans wishing to attend certain events. One should not have to line up overnight to get into say, the opening ceremonies. It would also be a great boon to be somewhat warm in case waiting is required."

I personally am still rooting for Saint Louis.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I know navarre, my post wasn't directed at you. It just happened to follows yours, sorry. We're good :D

6. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Blame Brian, not me. :p

7. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    Anytime before or after the first week in May would be great

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm gonna privately pronounce the last part of FanFocre to sound like that rude word I can't say.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    w00t! California here I come!

That's it. I'm camping out here now. Gabe..Brian, get off your arses and fetch me a...beverage. I'll let you hang with me at C4, maybe. ;)

10. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Sorry to hear that you married the wrong woman. My fiance and I not only went to C4 together last year, and then we got married 7 months later and there is no way in hell that we are missing C4.

11. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Well, I'll be there reguardless. Just did some research and a flight for me would be approx $250 a head, which isn't so bad I guess.

!snap

12. darth1132

darth1132 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2006
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to C4 simply because of the timing. It has nothing to do with location; I actually would have enjoyed traveling to LA (I live in Florida). The fact of the matter is that I am getting married in April of 2007 and going on my honeymoon soon after. There is no way I would be able to make it to C4 unless I used a Jedi mind trick and convinced my fiance' to go to C4 rather than take a cruise. I hope you all have a great time regardless of where C4 is held. C5 in 2009?

13. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I hope everyone has an excellent time at C4 wherever it's at, because I have no money and no job and I will not be able to make it. I'd rather be home than standing in those dam long lines.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Then can you change the title of the thread because "OFFICIAL" is throwing it off. I popped in here and wondered if I'd missed an announcement.

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I dunno but having the banner imply LA is a bit premature considering we still dont' know where it'll be.

16. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Yeah, having the thread say official and having LA in it are premature until Lucasfilm officially announces it. Now I see someone has made a banner imply Hollywood and California has the Celebration IV.

I loved CIII and missed out on going to all 4 days. I went to the last day only and regret day since then. I regret every day since Celebration II because I was in college and had classes to go to. I don't want to miss out again! I want to speculate has long has Lucasfilm has not issued to location and date. Indy will always be my choice.

17. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Today is May 1st. So, according to rumors, the "Official C4 Announcement" should happen any day now, right?

Waiting patiently...................

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Celebrating the group's & website's 1st birthday today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. DarthMedialine

DarthMedialine Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Hakuna Matada, folks. The announcement will be here before you know it!

Darth Medialine

19. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    LA is a crime ridden, smoggy, overpriced dump of a city where a hotel with a door lock and a shower will cost you $200 a night. If I were the dealers, I would rather it be in a less expensive city so people will have more money to spend on their collectibles instead of roach motels.

Indianapolis didn't have enough restaurants nearby (I got tired of eating at TGI Friday's in the hotel) and the weather was horrible (like all of the Midwest). And don't even get started on Gen Con. How is that Lucasfilm would even consider contracting that company again after the way they mismanaged CIII?

With all that said, C3 was still a great time and I'll be at C4, wherever it may be.

20. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    To be honest, I'm not sure I'd prefer C4 in L.A. Mainly, though, I just hope that the Celebreation doesn't take place on Memorial Day. I always help with TV coverage of our local Memorial Day parade, and I'll try to make it to a Memorial Day remembrance ceremony.

Well, we'll see.

21. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I was just looking at the Dallas Convention Center website and there was nothing listed for May 2007. Nothing on Houston's schedule either

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Troopers in Houston in May = lots of sweaty bodies :eek:

23. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    Time for them to invent air-conditioned Trooper outfits if it's in Houston!

24. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Alot of convention centers in NA I'm sure have time available for C4, so that means little to nothing.

25. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Ugh I live in Texas and would prefer LA to Dallas. I looked at the Dallas convention center web site and it isn't all that great. And Houston is just hot.

I was upset about LA for a little while but it has grown on my. I think it will be an adventure. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.