main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ** OFFICIAL Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo (Peter Mayhew Appearance) Thread! **

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    What an amazing day!! Exhausting, but totally worth it, I had such a good time. I'm still excited actually...think i'll go tell all my co-workers now, I know they always want to be kept informed on Star Wars info...what would they do without me, sigh...

2. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    That. Was. Awesome.

Dooks, I can't believe you got CHOKED by CHEWBACCA! When his huge hands wrapped around your throat, I was both thrilled and terrified. I can't imagine what you were thinking. Has it sunk in yet?

What an amazingly well-spoken professional that Mr. Mayhew is! We'll never forget the night we broke bread with the mighty Chewbacca!

3. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Jordan just sent me the group photo from KilKennys:

http://www.petridish.net/pics/17295/IMG_1059.jpg

4. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Wow did I have fun yesterday. I think it will take me all week to recuperate!

It was great seeing everyone and meeting the fans at the booth. Hopefully we'll get some great new members out of this.

I'm looking forward to getting together on the 22nd and discussing everyone's experiences.

Cheers,
    M.

5. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    we had alot of fun as well. Lana said she was alittle overwhelmed with people saying there congrats but it was alot of fun. Petter and his wife were great and we can't wait to see them again.

6. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    It was a great event and I had alot of fun. Looking forward to next year's event :)

7. TK4130

TK4130 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    yessir, it was a great day/night. Dave, maybe you can stay awake next year, just kiddin' buddy[face_laugh] .

8. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    It was a great experience, and I think it was a big hit as a lot of people came to it. It was also great to see the 'civilians' in costume as well.

I just want to say that I was tickled pink to meet so many more of you and to find out just what great people you are, and to say hi to the ones I met in Edmonton.

I was so excited that LexiaL did a costume of Luminara, and that we some great pics together.

And the video of you guys doing the lightsabre moves...absolutely killer. Hopefully we can get something like that going as well, because that was awesome.

See you all at Con-Version!

9. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    It was so great to meet new people...including those from Edmonton. You guys have some awsome costumes. Kyla ...it was so great to meet you. It was fantastic to have the Luminara/Bariss team together. We should do that more often..so keep in touch. TTFN

10. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    PreludeRM - I have added new pics from the event to my own website. I'm not sure how many of them you want, but take a look. The top set are my own, and the bottom set are selected from the 501st site.

I will also be contacting (nuts, I forget his name!) from the Edmonton FanForce, for some more pics.

11. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ky-Wan

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    LOL!

Actually, you I remembered. There was another guy, and I thought he was with the Edmonton FF. Hmmm....maybe he wasn't.

13. SithatHeart

May 25, 2005
    The fellow you're thinking of is Steve - he's with the Edmonton 501st. He PM'd me today to let me know that he'll be sending his photos in to Ryan for posting.

Cheers,
    M.

P.S. Tony has some photos up already on the Badlands 501 Gallery!

14. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Kris I'm getting the pictures from Steve as he is leaving out of country tommorow and will not have time to sort through and pick pics for you. I'll get you them as soon as I can.

Ryan

15. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, thanks Ryan.

I also just got an email from him, asking about a high-res version of our CFF group shot (at the Expo) with Peter. I'd also like to get a high-res.

Hmmmm........since we have so much space, will the posted pics be small, or near-original high-res sizes?

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Well the picture I got from Steve were well over 1 gig. SO no they will be resized for the site. But I can burn you a disk with them in high rez.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    That would be cool.

I'm thinking about coming out to Calgary tomorrow (Wed.10th) for a movie and some quick shopping. I won't be there till sometime after noon, and I'd be in town till (late) evening. What's your schedule like?

18. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    To all,
    I would like thank some people for this past weekend...Jordan for the great shirt designs...they loved them, and now they have stores to go with them. ; ) Also, to Jordan for looking after the booth all day. Everyone who came down from Edmonton. Steve and Lucy for pictures. Everyone who helped out at the booths. Everyone who came in out costumes. Everyone who did something. Everyone in the Badlands. The Fanforces...great booth!!! Mr. and Mrs. Mayhew. The Calgary Expo team (they have already started planning for next year). Did I miss anyone?!?

The pub after the Event...What a fantastic time!!! To hear all of the stores about Gorge and Harrison, all of the behind the scenes stuff. Peter said the bangers and mash were great and the Guinness was like back at home. Good job, Badlands Drinking Team.
    When they left, I got a big Chewy hug from Peter (beats the chocking) and Wookie kisses from Mrs. Mayhew...Got home after 11. Long day! Still feeling the effects.
    Thanks Everyone.

19. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Gallery updated with Darth Haggis's pictures.

20. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Hehehe....actually Steve IS Edmonton Fan Force, not 501st. He's such a big help to us though it's no wonder you would think he is!

21. SithatHeart

May 25, 2005
    oops! Apologies -- his 501 license plate threw me off!

22. the_fl00d

the_fl00d Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Hey gang! the_Fl00d here (the only guy at the show as a Ghostbuster)...

Anyway ust wanted to let you guys know how impressed I am with how this show turned out. I really think that having you all there pushed the enjoyment of the show to new limits. It was fun to see all the kids' faces when they were reacting to your costumes! Amazing job as usual, you guys freakin' rock.

I think that they should do this show every year and I agree that it was terrific to see everyone dressing up!

I'm sure I'll see ya around. Back to Ghostbustin'

23. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm a big fan of your ghostbuster costume!!! It was AWESOME to see you at the show, although I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to introduce myself.

From what Kandrix (the grand poo-bah of the show) has told me, they're already booked for next year! They are thinking (although this isn't confirmed) of doing a 2-day event, and they're working on bringing MORE Star Wars actors (people in shiny black armour, perhaps?) to the show. Let's cross our fingers!

24. the_fl00d

the_fl00d Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I wasn't very social for the simple fact that I just had laser eye surgery the day prior and I was all blurry and disorientated. I wasn't technically even supposed to be out and about. It did prevent me from spending lewd amounts of cash at the show though! You can't buy what you can't see!

It would have been nice to hang out with the force and chat it up but at around 2:00 pm I had sensory overload and crashed. I spent the next 6 hours hudled in a dark corner with a garbage bin over my head until it was dark enough to come out. I still say it was worth it though...

25. riffdelaraff

riffdelaraff Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2004
    Howdy folks.
    Some of my pics are here:

http://www.minnis.ca/gallery/calgaryexpo

Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.