main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official CIII store response from Lucasfilm...it will re-open online!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by brokenyolk, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRusty

DarthRusty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    When the items first went up, there was no size selection drop down. It just gave you the option to add it to your cart and move along. I can see an email coming very soon where they ask what size the people that ordered right off the bat wanted.

As far as the merchandise being offered here, the only thing that bugs me is that it is a second run of merchandise that was supposed to be "limited" to what they had at the Celebration. I had no problem with them selling off their remaining stock on here. But the fact that they are making more shirts, sweatshirts and other items after the fact is a slight bit of mis-advertising. But what can you do? Other than hope that fourth time is the charm. ;)

-- Rusty

2. subbob

subbob Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Yea! Was able to get the Yoda hoody sweatshirt for my daugther.

Recommendation: Shipping cost is flat rate - $10.95 per order ground - so figure out what you want and get it all at once.

3. BC_Eagles_67

BC_Eagles_67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    It should upset too many people that they're selling items on SWS.com.. the items they are offering are not overly collectible. Besides, the items they are offering are fairly nice and even if I hadn't attended CIII I may have ordered a few of the items. There is no doubt the Vader/Yoda sweatshirts are some of the coolest clothing items released recently. I don't ever remember the store or LFL stating these items would not be offered in the future on SWS.com.. if anything Hasbro had every intention to sell some Vaders to the public AFTER CIII.. check their Q&A on Rebelscum.. they were planning on the after sale.. I'm sure LFL and SWS.com had this planned out months ago. :) (which is fine with me! :))

4. DarthRusty

DarthRusty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    Shipping is not a flat rate. I placed two different orders and had two different shipping charges for ground.

-- Rusty

5. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    The rate also changes depending on the items you order..

-Order one-
    2 Sweatshirts & Blanket: ~$11
    -Order two-
    1 Sweatshirt, Pin and Poster: ~$7

Weight comes into play.. also note that if you place a large order with different availability dates your order will more than likely be held up until all of the items are available. SWS is hit or miss on shipping items at different times.

6. tobywanben

tobywanben Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2003
    Talk about shipping. I placed my (mail-in)order at C3 on Saturday for some shirts they ran out of. I bought one shirt for me and 3 for my kids. So that is 1 adult shirt and 3 little kid shirts. They charged me $20 shipping. I almost changed my mind and canceled. What a rip. But at least I didn't have to wait in line all day long. Only about 10 minutes in fact. I did get in the C3 store line on Sunday afternoon at about 3:00 to see if I could get a Vader figure. Believe it or not--I only had to wait about 10-15 minutes and they were letting people buy one extra. I only wanted one but I could have bought 5. Now I wish I would have bought the C3 Vader coasters. Did anyone get those?

7. subbob

subbob Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    >> Shipping is not flat rate

Oh - sorry for the bad advice. I had 3 shirts ordered, shipping was $10.95. I added a 4th shirt and shipping remained the same.

8. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    Toby,
    I ordered the coasters off of SWS.com when they had them last week. They look nice :)

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    From starwars.com:
    "For those who were disappointed not to find these and other items from the Celebration Store in Indianapolis, please be aware that StarWarsShop.com was not affiliated in any way with the Celebration Store, and is only able to offer these items as a result of a prior arrangement with vendors."

Yeah, thanks, you still could have told us ahead of time. It's bull that I had to wait in line for 6 hours, only for them to sell out of most of what I wanted anyways. I had to go to the re-order line (which also was not announced very well), and had to pay $20 shipping for two Yoda sweatshirts.

The fact remains that many (most?) of us thought these were going to be "exclusives". I'm not particularly upset that they're available online, I'm upset that they didn't tell us ahead of time. I could have saved 6 hours of my life if I had known that everything I wanted was going to be available online a week later. I waited in line because I figured it was going to be the ONLY place to get the C3 merchandise, similar to how the C2 store was the only place to get the C2 merchandise.

I have no problem with the "re-orders" that were allowed at C3 (aside from the fact that there didn't seem to be any signs or announcements about it, and a couple volunteers I asked were clueless as to when and where to go), simply because those people at least were at C3.

10. bobafett25

bobafett25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1998
    If any of you are upset with the shipping charges (like myself) from GenCon on items ordered with the 'out of stock' order form at the convention, then you should email customerservice@gencon.com. I got a response back that they might refund my shipping charges or reduce them.

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Thanks for the idea, I had thought that the shipping cost was outrageous, but didn't think there was anything to be done about it. $14 for 2 T-shirts and pins! That would cost me $5 to ship at most!

12. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Just bought my CIII ballcap and CIII hooded Yoda sweatshirt. I'm very content.

13. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I was pleased to have been able to purchase the black Vader helmet t-shirt today, although I am still a little bugged about CIII merchandise being placed online after the con. What's at the con should stay at the con. Now granted, since I purchased a shirt online, I sound a little hypocritical, right? No, not really because on Thursday, when I was in line and they sold out of the shirt before I made it; well, I figured if I really wanted it bad enough, I would have gotten up and in line earlier outside the con and it wouldn't have been an issue (I was in the last aisle in the store when it was announced it was sold out). So, I figured it wasn't meant for me to have and that was fine at the time. I feel it should be that way for everyone with every item. I'm just glad that several of the other items weren't on the site (and I hope it stays that way) that I had already bought at the store so they don't lose their exclusiveness. Granted, I'll probably get bashed for my comments (not that that's ever bothered me) but anyways.......but hey, I love you guys and gals....you know why? 'Cause it's all about the fans 8-}

14. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    I don't quite get the "exclusive-ness" factor.. what does it matter where and when you buy the shirts, pins, hats, etc.? Would we all rather see people selling a $20 shirt on Ebay for $75? (I saw a few auctions today with those numbers) It's just funny to me how people get all bent out of shape over what OTHERS have, or what OTHERS have the opportunity to buy.. does it REALLY matter? Not as long as you're happy with what you have! :)

Now granted the line management sucked and things were run poorly but to get bent out of shape for a second time is silly. :) It's all a sunk cost, what if's don't matter anymore, nothing can be fixed, the time you may have spent in line for item X was at the time worth while and up until last week when they announced the store items you probably STILL thought the time in line was worth it. (to some degree) I just don't understand how all of this is a problem when on this board we have group of fans can proclaim standing in line for Lucas, in the rain, in the cold could be OH so worth it despite the fact others slipped in at the last minute (Kind of sounds like the reverse store problem eh?)

No one can fault SWS.com they're doing the right thing, the thing that should have been done from the start and maybe next time THEY will run the show. In the end it will all work out and most people will forget this whole mess in a few months. (just in time for the SWS orders to start arriving) Maybe I'm just jaded but the complaining around here has gotten out of control... did ANYONE have fun?!?! lol :)

15. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    Oh and if GenCon HAD told everyone about the online store how would have they kept lines short around the rest of the convention.... oh wait.. they didn't.. but they did distract an awful lot of people for hours on end! :)

16. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Feb 14, 2005
    ^^^ Who's bent out of shape? Not me...a little bugged about the whole store and online thing but nowhere near enough to "piss me off." Other than this, I had a great time at the con; I have fun anytime I go somewhere. This was the only thing about the con that bothered me at all and anyone who stood in line on Thurs. "got that" and by the conversations in line also got the exclusiveness part. I am wondering, why are you.........here? I love democracy (and CIII).....I love the republic (and Star Wars).......

17. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I noticed the inflated shipping charges for out of stock items at the con compared to what they are online today. Glad the line was too long for me only to find out they would offer it online, saved me about 10 bucks.

What absolutely baffles me is that these items are up for sale to anyone, not just attendies. If they were smart, and obviously from the way the whole store was run the answer to that NOT, they could have the merchandise available through the GenCon site, just like when you had to order your breakfast or waste of taime at celebration party tickets. Which brings another point if they can sell you a darth vader topper why not a freaking action figure or 4 and a t-shirt? It would be nice to go to the con and be able to walk by a showcase and know, I already bought that and dont have to worry how I am gonna shove it in my luggage and not go over weight?

just a though!

18. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Woot!!!

Got a black hat cause that was the thing I really wanted. And I got a pin cause.... uh.... well cause that is what you are supposed to do ;)

-Doc

19. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Feb 14, 2005
    I have to agree with you, Bruno; it would have been nice if Gencon had just allowed us to buy this stuff online and heck, have it to us before we went to CIII so, we could focus on the true celebrating. Also liked the idea of seeing the displays and knowing you've bought the stuff you wanted already. Granted, I did this after Thurs. too though.

20. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    Whoa Tony.. I never said you.. there are about 3 pages worth of complaints on this Board.. take a chill pill! :) I was just making general observations like you were.. it's getting old with the complaining..we're too old for this stuff! ;)

21. Ziska_Ames

Ziska_Ames Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Just a quick question about sizing that may be totally misplaced, but I figured since this thread was about the store and all... I'm just wondering if anyone knows the measurements for a small or medium Yoda sweatshirt. I'd like to get one, but I'd hate to get the wrong size when I have to wait till July to get it. Anyone know?

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    C3 Vader has just been added to the online store.

EDIT: And now it has been taken down again. Odd.

23. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Did anyone who filled out an order form at the C3 store receive their stuff yet? if not, do you know when it is supposed to ship out??

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I asked about this while I was giving them my re-order form at CIII and was told not to expect to see my items until sometime in June

25. Pharmawalker

Pharmawalker Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    Store. . . 5 and 1/2 hours in line. . . why don't you know your shirt size after being 50 years old and standing in line for 5 AND 1/2 HOURS and listening to people announce the clothes remaining in the store and passing out sheets of paper telling you what sizes are left?. . . no, republic credits from your Star Wars D&D game cannot be used to purchase items in the real world. . . look at that guy, he's standing at his register twiddling his thumbs, why can't he ring someone up?. . . boy, Star Wars music would be nice to listen to while standing in line for 5 AND 1/2 HOURS. . . all I want is 4 figures, 4 cases, don't talk to me, put in bag, here money, thank you, good bye. . .

Here are some pics of Darth Tater standing in the STORE LINE starting at 10 am Saturday morning until 3:40 pm Saturday afternoon. Hope it brings back memories of hell for those of you who shared it with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.