main
side
curve

St. Lou, MO Official Clone Wars Thread (The Event, Not the Show)

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Dinogallus, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I just wanted to get a thread going here about the Clone Wars, because it's probably my single favorite event in all of Star Wars, Prequel or Original. I just love the stories, the characters, and the way the events intertwine. (I.E.: You will hear mention of one event in a book of a completely different story.

So yeah. GO!

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    The Clone Wars is indeed one of the more interesting parts of Star Wars.

Good Clone Wars links for those of you who don't know much...which can't be many, can there be?

[link=http://starwarz.com/clonewarseu/]The CLONE WARS Unofficial Site[/link]

[link=http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/]The CLONE WARS OFFICIAL site[/link]

I stiiiiiill have yet to read Labyrinth of Evil, but I am interested in how it ties in to Episode III...That is, when I read it...

Anyway, is there any mention so far about Obi-Wan serving Bail Organa in the Clone Wars in any of the books released?

"..years ago you served my father in the clone wars..."
    - Leia

3. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    Anyway, is there any mention so far about Obi-Wan serving Bail Organa in the Clone Wars in any of the books released?

Not that I know of, but I haven't read many Clone Wars books (yet). I think maybe she meant since he served the Republic and Bail was a Republic Senator, it was inderect, but technically true.

4. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I want to read Shatterpoint...I'll be buying Labyrinth of Evil once it's on paperback, if it isn't already.

I really dig this person's Grievous fanart...not very much like the real version, but it's still awesome.

http://theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_fanart.asp?image=museum/images/Prequels/Episode_3/jd-general_g-paint_study03.jpg

5. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    Wow. This might as well be an IM conversation. Other people, please discuss Clone Wars! Please!

I'm really likin' those video games they make. I'm really trying to get Republic Commando. I played the demo, and it's fun as heck.

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm rereading Shatterpoint. It's one of my fav SW books. Lots of great dialogue, I really enjoy the characters, and it's much more realistic than other SW books. This doesn't glorify battle, it tells it like it is. War is hell.

The fights are pretty good too. Matthew Stover is one of the best authors out there. So glad he did novelization for ROTS.

And be sure to read LoE before ROTS comes out. ;)

7. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    Labyrinth of Evil is like a miracle book. It explains everything it can possibly explain without giving away Episode III completely. It is comparable to some of the movies, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.