main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Work really ticked me off today so they're now paying me to spend the rest of the day at one of my favorite coffee shops diving into...

[​IMG]

Jedi Ben and Master_Lok like this.
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Finally coming back into collecting comics after a small break! Just got spider-Gwen 1-6 in the mail, along with the variety that looks like Todd Mcfarlanes Spider-Man #1. Picked up Moon Knight #1 and really dug it too.

I have a big order from Midtown comics coming! I'm very excited about that. I also have volumes 1-5 of Scott Snyders Batman run coming. Can't wait to read those trades!!

BigAl6ft6 and darth-sinister like this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I recently read Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman Earth One. I was really excited for this book, but after reading it I have mixed feelings. This Wonder Woman origin story is just off for me.

The artwork is beautiful, however. Paquette drawing of Wonder Woman reminds me lot of Frank Cho (but not as curvy) and Terry Dodson drawings.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I recently completed a re-read of Y: The Last Man and it was even better than I remembered. The whole series is such an emotional rollercoaster. Even though I knew it was coming, this scene from the final issue still had me in tears.

Spoilers (duh) and language warning:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry 355, but you just can't compete with a monkey in the Saddest Death category

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am currently inching my way through the (finally) recently released first volume of Infinity Watch and it is as glorious now as it was then.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Angel Medina's art in those first few issues is just incredible. What was that dude's name, not man-Beast but his henchman who was in the "star tempered" armor? One of the best fights ever in a comic.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm so glad the movie that was about to go into production did not happen as it was going to be a single film. This series deserves more than a single film. I much prefer it to be a series on HBO or Netflix than a film trilogy.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth-Lando like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. Between he and Tom Raney, that book had astounding illustration. And, you are thinking of Triax and you are completely accurate in your description of that brawl. I am anxiously rushing to get to Pipman the Terrible. :p

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It deserves its rep, what you have there is 400+ pages of insane SF.

Assuming you enjoy it, consider also getting:
    • Weapons of the Metabaron
    • Metabarons Genesis: Castaka
    Later in the year, Humanoids will release the first of a new series:
    • The Metabaon: 1: The Anti-Metabaron
    It's being issued as deluxe hardback and when Humanoids use that description, they mean it!

Master_Lok likes this.
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Not to mention that first issue floored me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I can't claim to have been on the Jodorowsky train long as I only discovered him through the Jodorowsky's Dune documentary but I love his stuff so I'm fully expecting to like this. There's nothing quite like his brand of insanity, cheese, gore, wisdom, etc.

Humanoids- you ain't kidding. I have the super duper deluxe version of The Incal.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, but the king of late and unfinished books goes to "Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target". Which only got one issue out and then that was it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I've got the super deluxe version of the Metabarons. It cost me a bomb and I was still lucky to get it, but damn, it's a lovely book.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Don't ask me how I afford this every week.

The haul:

The Ultimates #6, the first costume change of Galactus, I like.
    Star Lord 6
    Squadron Supreme 6
    Old Man Logan 5
    Low 13, in case I didn't mention it, this is the comic that got me back into comics.
    International Iron Man 2
    Avengers Standoff Omega
    Alien Defiance 1
    Daredevil 6, Elektra cover
    Doctor Strange Last Days of Magic 1
    Doctor Strange 7, gonna have to see how these fit together.
    Micronauts 1, quick story: This is the first Micronauts comic i have ever owned. I did have Micronauts toys as a youngster but I only knew the stuff from the commercials. Favorite: Repto:

[​IMG]

Repto had an epic but sad story as my action figure. Repto did battle as a giant robot against other giant robots who took the form of 12" Stormtrooper and other 3.5 " SW figures. But my sister sat on him breaking off one of his legs. Then I took him with me down south visiting relatives and lost him somewhere in the Appalachian Mountains.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here are the comics my pull list this week:

Batman #51
    Dark Knight III The Master Race #4
    Harley Quinn #27
    Justice League #49

Saga #36
    Sex #27
    Sex Criminals #15

All-New Wolverine #7
    Amazing Spider-Man #11
    Ms. Marvel #6
    Old Man Logan #5

The comics on top of my list to read are Dark Knight III The Master Race #4, Justice League #49 and Saga #36. Although, I think I'm an issue or two behind in Saga. The Justice League: Darkseid War special issue was kind of disappointing in terms of expectations as it was just a backstory to Grail.

Here's a weekly video I check out every week as it's a panel of comic book nerds talking about comic book news.

Collider Heroes - Three Green Lanterns For Green Lantern Corps Movie? Final X-Men Apocalypse Trailer

Welcome to the 55th Episode of Collider’s Heroes, hosted by Jon Schnepp, with guests Amy Dallen, Robert Meyer Burnett and Mark Reilly. On this episode of Collider’s Heroes (Tuesday April 26th, 2016) we discuss :

-Final Trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse

-Green Lantern Corps characters

-Inhumans movie pulled from release

-The Flash rumored casting

-Minor Mutations

-Flashback: Captain America: Winter Soldier

-Spotlight: Thunder Agents

-And much more!

Final Trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse

The final trailer for X:men: Apocalypse has hit the internet, with new scenes and more story, along with three particular claws that "snikt" at the very end! The panel breaks down the last trailer for May’s upcoming X-Men movie!

Green Lantern Corps Characters Rumored

Three Green Lanterns in DC Films Green Lantern Corps looks to cast its Big Screen Team up in a buddy cop/space movie that’s on its way to in less than five years. Now we are hearing that it’ll be an older Hal Jordan, a younger John Stewart and Kyle Rayner. Could Guy Gardner be far behind? The panel dive in and speculate on what the Green Lantern movie has to offer!

Inhumans Movie Pulled from Release Schedule

Marvel’s Inhumans has been officially shut down and removed off the release schedule. Kevin Feige stated with the addition of Spider-Man: Homecoming to the MCU, and the sequel Ant-Man and the Wasp, there was no more room for their Inhumans film for for Phase 3. Does this mean that it will be announced for Phase 4, or is it simply being phased out? Or will Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. now open the door for a Inhumans television series instead?

The Flash Rumored Casting

So The Flash has its small screen Barry Allen, Captain Cold and Reverse Flash… But what about the feature adaptation? According to a scoop from Heroic Hollywood, there’s a call sheet listing the parts for Eobard Thawne, Iris West, Len Snart, Fred Chyre, and Jay Garrick. The panel look at this potential and discuss whether or not DC Films will cast some A-List celebrities or unknowns.

Minor Mutations:

-An alternate look at what En Sab Anur might have looked like!

-Angel and Blob picture revealed from X-Men: Apocalypse

-Nathan Fillion rumored to play Simon Williams in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

-New cast pics from Preacher

-Spider-Man: Homecoming casts Robert Downey Jr.

-J.K. Simmons talks his Justice League role

-Will we see a bearded Superman in Justice League?

Flashback: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Spotlight: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents

Twitter Questions

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm hoping Doctor Strange, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, and Patsy Walker stay neutral so I can avoid this dumb event; is that a side?

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The only reason I have any hope for Ms Marvel with the CW2 tie-ins is Wilson did a great job on the Secret Wars tie-ins, so I'm hoping she can do that again.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    DAMMIT. Must have walked right by Saga 36. :mad:

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Just wondering, does your comic book store have a weekly pull or subscription option for their customers? Most of the comic book stores I have have that option, where you sign up for a minimum of 10 comic books to receive a month and they provide with a discount. That way don't miss issues like Saga.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm sure they do. But I'd like to accomplish something intelligent and stop walking right by comics with a giant stand out sign that says "New This Week".

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually didn't go in today cuz I figured there wouldn't be much but my pull list is Old Man Logan, all the Star Wars comics, Amazing Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2099 / Spider-Man, Walking Dead & Saga, sounds like a chunk of those hit today. I'm also getting the "Deluxe" hardcover editions of DKIII but those seem to come out, like, 4 weeks after the issue is released.

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Awww, I can relate. I used to do that all time. But Saga 36 will still be new for you.

25. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    Art Ops is a good comic book. I like Art Ops.