main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm actually a bit disappointed and surprised that we have not seen a AU story set in in the pre-WWII era where Doom returns to Latveria and begin to work in the castle and the villages have the reaction from those movies: "The castle! There is light in it!" "The Doctor has returned." "Quick, quick all inside! Dr. Doom is back!"

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, there was an old X-Force comic where they end up traveling back in time to 1941 when Latveria was still ruled by a Baron and Von Strucker was using the castle for a mad science experiment...

pronker likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    USAgent 3, Lemar Hoskins, John Walker's Battlestar sidekick, is brought in to try and fix the problems. He is intercepted by this other black dude who is dressed quite a bit like DC's Comedian and says he's the new USAgent and beats down Battlestar while taunting him about being a failure to his race. The little old man martial arts guy, Watanabe, shows up and this new USAgent takes a knee before him and calls him "Master".

X-men 18, this is most interesting because a mutant called Sync who can copy powers does a rather intellectual narration of events as they go into the alternate pocket reality known as the Vault.

In Marvel Free Previews we see X-men 20, the face of a battered Nimrod with a blurb below which says "System Online. Processing..." it's Big Pink Nimrod, not Bastion.

4. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Synch was one of the mutants from the old "Generation X" comic that was shot and killed at the end of the series.
    The big deal at the end was that Synch's powers 'evolved' to where he could copy anyone's powers - normally he could only copy other mutants. The subtext is that he was 'copying' Darwin's powers, which is to spontaneously adapt to situations. He just upgraded himself.

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hello, everyone. I've just begun Justice League Dark in a collection of #1-6. It's excellent thus far.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Master_Lok likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Psylocke and Forge had a child? Sora? When did that happen? She is currently playing in Captain marvel, I just noticed her psychic knives.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Completely new according to CBR.

Kind of a weird call for a hypothetical future since I don't think we've seen Forge and Psylocke interact at all since the X-Men relaunch. Although admittedly Fallen Angels was so bad I've tried to repress it.

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It has not. The story is set in the future you know.

I'm actually disappointed that all the powered characters in that story are established ones or the children to established characters. There seems to have been no character with interesting powers/abilites born in the comming 30(?) years that is not the child of somebody we know - this is actually a returning problem for me when we are dealing with future stories :(

EDIT: ninjad

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That they have a child together could be the result of the whole, post-apocalypse thing - like how we have some unlikly parings in the What if...? where the heroes and villains never left Beyonder's Battleworld

Ramza likes this.
  10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I suppose that's true, I guess I'm just used to the usual crutch idea that future children are based on whatever relationships are prominent in the regular material at the time.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Personally I want to see more future children that are no way related to established characters, like Blaze and Cudgel in Earth-811's New Mutants. Or the whole of classic X-Men 2099 (not the best example but with the newer 2099 comics establising Avengers 2099, Defenders 2099, and Sinister Six 2099 where all of them are made up by mantel beares to current characters, do I think X-Men 2099 where non take an old X-men name or is related to on works)

Ramza likes this.
  12. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    X-Men 2099 had a nice 'fakeout' where various dead, powerful mutants were implied to be the X-Men or the children of the X-Men (one called "The Acadian" kept making references that implied he was the child of Gambit and Rogue), but at the end of the story arc made it clear that none of them were that old.
    I don't think a single mutant in the original X-Men 2099 series was related in any way to the original X-Men. The only one that came close was a mysterious mutant called "Dust" that claimed to have been a member briefly but quickly dropped out - and even he appeared to be a new character.

pronker and Gamiel like this.
  13. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I finished Justice League Dark #1-6 and it was great. I didn't recognize any credits, but I'd not read a comic since Dark Horse ended its Star Wars series, about 2014? JLD came from my library's Hoopla site, which worked well with its magnifier to zoom in on the stuff that JLD did best: gruesome.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  14. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Future state was good, but Glad DC is getting back to regular issues this week:D

15. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    glad i bought multiples of the first issue of Jupiter's Legacy now that Netflix just dropped the teaser. bout time to list these bad boys. once that She Hulk trailer drops, ill be listing that book too as its skyrocketing right now.

Anybody able to scoop and issue of Hell Arisen 3? first appearance of Punchline. book is also skyrocketing.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm still holding on to my pristine copy of X-Men #1 from the early 90s to be worth big bucks.
    The 90s was a time for a lot of ridiculous gimmick covers, but I've always liked the hologram covers from the "Fatal Attractions" crossover.

pronker, Darth_Foo and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    With the print run X-Men #1 had, you'll be waiting a while.

18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005

:p

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ugh, next Decorum is not out until the end of the month.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Avengers 43, Black Panther defeats Wolverine, mostly via monologue. It looks like She-Hulk beats Valkyrie via nuclear explosion. The whomever this Red Widow is beats Black Knight. In the end Namor is off to fight She-Hulk, Red Widow vs Sheena, and Cap vs Black Panther. So next issue is an all new Phoenix.

Batman 106, the best part is an epilogue where Damien goes to Tali and assassins show up and looks like it ends with one slitting her throat.

Infinite Frontier 0, The Quintessence offers Wonder Woman a place among them and they go on a tour as she thinks there is a flaw in their view. So we see amazons doing things and Batman doing things, we see Alan Scott come out to his kids, a scary looking Scarecrow. She declines of course and then Darksied shows up.

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The way Red Widow have been built up would I not be surprised if she is revealed to be somebody already established

pronker and Master_Lok like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    And the winner of the Captain Obvious response goes to:
    =D=[face_laugh]=D=

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Regarding the current Avengers storyline:

pronker and Juliet316 like this.
  24. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Gamiel likes this.
  25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I just finished Justice League Dark: Volume Three =D= The plot played with my head because I was just thinking how "ordinary" that ARGUS agent Black Orchid had become, then whammo, she's a wood wizard; at her debut she played a mystery to be unfolded and so it has in the interim. Also delightful was seeing Frankenstein again (actually the Monster, but he's billed as the usual 'Frankenstein') Excellent exposition on Constantine's beginnings and backstory which I do not recall ever reading before, good going, writer Lemire. I understand there's a TV series about Constantine and might hunt that down.[face_party] The clear, sharp artwork continues to astound me as does the question most aptly put: How does Zatanna keep her bustier in place among all the kungfuing?[face_shhh] Favorite Line: "And to top it off, you stole my coat!!"