main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yeah, I think you overestimate his influence a tad. Being executive creative director doesn't mean he will get actively involved in all projects, nor does it mean that he will somehow interfere with those who actually develop stories in projects he isn't actively engaged in. If certain characters will appear in shows like Kenobi, it will likely be because that's what had been the plan, not because he somehow rushed in to tell those who actually write the story to force a specific character to make an appearance.

He was generally available to help or support people in the past as well. It's not like before everyone just ignored him and now he gets to call all the shots if he wants to.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ha! I was right this was nothing new.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah he been second in almost a year.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think second is going a bit far. Let’s say the order on that website is correct (which I don’t think it is) he’s in fourth.

5. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Filoni's title is now the same as Dough Chiang and John Knoll's, and Dough and John have been with Lucasfilm since the 90's, so now there are three with that title at LucasFilm...

Anything else?

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s pretty much it. Most likely this is due to all the shows coming out that he is co creating with Jon

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    wasen't it in third? But it seems now he only behind KK.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe. Whatever it is I wouldn’t put to much stock in it. Other than he has that position

TCF-1138 likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well yeah he has position now and probaly more involed with all tv shows and movies, like KK is.

black_saber likes this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Honestly, I have a feeling that this mostly means he's getting paid to do all the work he was already doing on other people's projects.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think they promoted him, but he’s had this role unofficially for some time. I think it was 2018? Or 2017 when KK said she talked to Filoni a lot. What this amounts to is probably a good pay raise for Filoni. Maybe he’ll get to pitch a movie maybe even direct one. We know John Knoll was the one who came up with the idea for Rogue One and pitched it.

All I am saying is don’t be surprised if he just stays focused on TV.

beat me to it

Mostly Handless and TCF-1138 like this.
  12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    His role in the Star Wars universe has increased a lot since 2019, so it's not surprising that his job description has changed as well, whether it happened in the summer of 2020 or in May of 2021. It means he HAS been getting more involved than before, and the proof is that half of the shows that were announced/renewed at the Disney shareholder event are his projects (along with Jon Favreau).

Whether people like it or not, Filoni is much more involved with Star Wars and has a say in a lot more things, officially now too, than he did in 2014 or in 2017 for example. And I think that's a great thing. I am all for the Filoniverse which we will see in the next 10 years, and hopefully for much longer.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think from now on he'll be involved in all things star wars tv shows and movies and like KK he'll be a producer on such things.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think his “more involved” is what we saw at the Disney investors meeting. He’s involved in crafting 5 shows. That by itself is probably why they made it official. But as I said he’s had much more of an unofficial role for years outside of “being the head of animation”.

He along with Doug Chang and John Knoll are probably the “brain trust” of Lucasfilm. however as I said I think his wheelhouse will remain TV. He’s just to busy to be doing anything else.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he'll be involed with shows some more or less then others smae with movies, he's there to give ideas and tell them to use these characters, plus along with others making pitches for movie or show idea like knoll did with rogue one. Filoni is busy but so is Feige and he's involved in all marvel.

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    He deserves to go higher still. For me he could be #1 in the company and it would be more than deserved. He was the one chosen by Lucas to be his padawan.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    No way. The less corporate strategy and the more creative his role is, the better.

18. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    As Lucas did both, I think those skills are not mutually exclusive.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    They generally are. George was an entrepreneur, that's the big difference. The Top Executive of Lucasfilm needs to answer to Disney now. The more time you have to focus on placating Disney shareholders and compromising with the higher-up Disney Executives, the less time you have to dictate the creative aspects of the company.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Too many people forget this if you take Filoni away and put him as president he won’t be able to put as much time into the creative side. No I have a feeling this is as high as he will go and probably wants to go really unless he has a business side we don’t know about.

Mostly Handless and DarthKreVass like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Was only a matter of time-
    [​IMG]

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That is so ridiculous. I must have it.

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Oh, this is lovely.

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    No hat. What's the point?

25. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    ...... unbelievable.

It really will be Dave "X-Wing Everywhere" Filoni now; on people's mantle pieces, scattered amongst children's toys, in Darth Chiznuk's collection.

All said with a wry smile of course; especially at you Dave.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021