main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Is there anyone else that would love to see what Filoni would be capable of doing outside of Star Wars? Be it something totally original or – knowing his interests – a story based on/inspired by Tolkien's legendarium?

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Here's nice thread of What Filoni might plan for the future of star wars.

2Cleva and Lulu Mars like this.
  3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    No, he is too good ! We need him working 100% on Star Wars, non-stop ! :)

Mostly Handless and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Basically this -- not that he's infallible (although when he's good he's great), but it's hard to imagine anyone equally committed to both the details of the world and the big picture of storytelling. What would be interesting to know is if he has his *own* padawan, so to speak, an heir apparent as basically the third steward of the SW world when he's done.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure, but it’s not gonna happen. He works for Lucasfilm. He won’t be able to make something original until that stops being the case unless he makes something wholesale new for Lucasfilm, but why would he and why would they want that?

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm i the only one who kinda is sicken by the idea of their always being a steward of Star Wars. Like why does it always have to be one person, I say let Star Wars diversify into multiple voices and not just rely on one person.

It's honestly kinda creepy our mentality of wanting one person if you ask me.

Especially because so far the steward of Star Wars has always been a white dude

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2021
  7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think other people want Dave Filoni to run all of Star Wars, but I don’t think that’s what Dave Filoni wants. Seems like he’s just content to tell his own little saga that he started with Lucas in TCW and carried across animation into the Mando stuff.

TetsuAero likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

See i'm fine with that, Filoni can have his own little piece of the Star Wars pie be it both the Mandoverse and the Animated Stuff (Which really at this point is one and the same) but the whole shebang ...That's gonna get stale real quick.

It's honestly why I'm looking forward to Obi-Wan and Cassian, in terms of Disney + stuff more, the non Filoni inspired stuff.

9. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I like Filoni’s stuff reasonably well, so it’s not going to be a struggle for me to get through Boba/Mando3/Ahsoka or anything like that. Ditto Gilroy coming from Rogue One to Andor, Chow from Mando1 to Obi-Wan. With the rest I don’t have an exact frame of reference so I’m just going in neutral until I see footage and get a sense of what the project will feel like.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Kenobi seems even if not Filoni involved will have his characters he created on the show, and chow worked with Filoni, then you have the acolyte, Where Leslie Headland talked about them being Filoni aclolytes. I also think We will see more of Filoni's creations in Andor.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Having one person control and make all the stories makes things so boring. Glad Filoni has his shows, but also glad there will be some non Filoni stuff

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think wether Filoni is involved some of his characters and creations will be in some of these non Filoni projects too.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Of course, but they are still creatively different

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Better one person with vision in charge than SW run by a corporate board.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea that’s not gonna happen. The president of Lucasfilms soul job is to make sure the projects make money. At least from the perspective of Disney. Do you really want to give that job to Dave

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I know. My post was more of a wishful thinking...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey it’s okay to think wishfully from time to time

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

This here seems to fit what Dave Filoni does, connects it all.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  19. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    (Being very careful with my words, and not wanting to start a ST discussion here.....)
    As much as a like the current ST, I think his ST would connect better.

I say this purely in the context of this thread and as appreciation for his skills in this precise point: he has proven several times that he knows how to make Star Wars stories that connects consistently with the previous lore, and when he expands the lore, he does it in a way that feels natural.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Seeing how Filoni created an animated series that is one of the greatest connect the dots games ever it only makes sense. Who better to connect those dots?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  21. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    Did you?

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With Filoni leading the the tv series in a way in new republic era that leads to ST era, you think he would make Ahsoka and Ezra live past Luke and the ST. His creations have lived past the OT and some like Hondo lives past ST. I think he connect the dots with mostly his characters and when needed OT or ST characters when the story calls for it.

23. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think he did a pretty good job writing/directing this most recent episode.

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I'll go one step further and say that he is the Chosen One

Lulu Mars, Darkslayer and 2Cleva like this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Pretty good" are not the words I would choose. "Excellent" is more like it. :D