main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    You're in the wrong thread, as evident by its title.

Needless I say I disagree even with the thoughts in your mind that never even got the chance to form, the chemical reactions for those didn't even take place.

Filoni is the one and only person other than George Lucas that I trust to lead the franchise.

Star Wars has already evolved plenty with him on the helm of stories told via TCW, Rebels and the Mandoverse.

We saw what happened when people played outside the box. No thanks. Hopefully never again.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    wobbits, juanw, Darkslayer and 5 others like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What do you mean his directing is stilted, and who are examples of directors that direct in a non-stilted way?

Also his “The Jedi” episode is unlike anything I’ve seen in Star Wars to date, so not sure your argument that he’s rehashing fits.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    We need more people in the franchise to write go-nowhere stories with severe plot-hole endings and new characters that no one really cares about.

Or they could simply animate Dark Disciple. I just find it sad how sometimes what can be a really great story like DD and Son of Dathomir gets the book treatment and is pretty much never heard from again. If you think about it, novels as well as comics get adapted into films all the time. Most of the stories that we've seen from both Marvel and DC were originally from the comics, right?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    Lulu Mars and DarthFixxxer like this.
  4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It's clear Dave is the puppet master in this dark, tragic overthrow scheme that must stay a secret, so maybe I've already said too much...

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

All I know is that Filoni is overrated and that I’d rather have more Rian Johndona in charge than him.

i just think his directing is bland like Lucas’s

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I must admit I have not seen any of Johndona’s work.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    All I know is that you are in a resounding minority right now.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Definitely some bad timing!

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't know... I'd be willing to see what this Rian Johndona could do.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    And comparing Filoni to Rian Johnson is almost laughable; to the point where I wouldn't count out that the suggestion was only being sarcastic.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Rian Johndona is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He’s Dodonna’s cousin.

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Interesting notion, since RJ stole no less than 10 great ideas and lines from The Clone Wars, and shoved them in his own Star Wars movie, but not before ruining them and using them to deconstruct Star Wars, contrary to what Filoni does.

But anyway. This is not the DF vs RJ thread. There is no such thread. But you can open one if you want.

On the plus side, your wish will never ever be true. Dave Filoni is here for the long run, and Rian Johnson will never ever direct another Star Wars movie.
    He might get a TV episode, if Filoni lets him and doesn't mind delivering subpar content for one week.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh yay another discussion about how horrible of a human being Rian Johnson is for making a movie you didn’t like. I didn’t get enough of those in 2018.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    At least when you were a mod you shut down conversations about how bad Filoni is in the appreciation thread.
    Or I am thinking of someone who actually did that, without letting their emotions about RJ get in the way?
    By the way, I never said that RJ is a horrible human being. It's against the rules of the forum.
    Did he steal every good The Clone Wars idea he could? Yeah he did.

Remind me again, why of all things, the off topic comments about Rian Johnson being a better director than Filoni don't bother you, but the reaction to them does? Right....

wobbits and 2Cleva like this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Me, coming to an appreciation thread expecting nothing but effusive praise for its subject
    [​IMG]

This is why we can't have nice things. Jid, read thread titles better. Fixer, nobody cares that Rian Johnson pulled your hair and stole your Pokémon cards (I'm being metaphorical in case it's not obvious), if you continue to bash him (or the sequels) every chance you get you and I are gonna have a long chat in a place where the sun don't shine.

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Ok, I don't know exactly where I broke any of the rules of the forum and where I bashed anyone, but at least the off topic will stop. Thanks.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    How did a conversation about Rian Johndona become about Rian Johnson?
    Cut him some slack. RJ gave Chiz a super cool beskar chainmail shirt at Comic Con once. ;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    DarthFixxxer likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The same shirt that Din gave Grogu?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    I know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't much care for Filoni's work. He relies too heavily on material from the EU, and the prequels. His version of Star Wars comes from the '90's, and that's not a good thing.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

Bor Mullet and godisawesome like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  24. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Sorry, let me re-phrase that. I really Mod EDIT: don't understand the basics of the English language, and have no consideration for respecting other people.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2022
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Rian Johndona would be very disappointed in the turn this thread has taken. I implore you, do not taint his legacy any further.