main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion: Chapter 22 - Anakin as a Jedi Knight [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Blackout, Mar 22, 2005.

1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "Despite what Anakin thinks, Tiin is pretty much the best pilot of the Jedi... he should be smashing those babies to bits."

Dispite the fact the Jedi Council in the last episode admits Anakin the best pilot the Jedi have?

Tin is an 8, Adi Galia is an 8.5, Anakin is a 10.

Or did you think Obi Wan was joking when he said Anakin was the best star pilot in the galaxy? [face_mischief] :p

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Sorry. I'll try to keep my continuity rants to the Lit. forum where we live for that stuff. :-B

I noticed that Anakin is not wearing the 'black glove' yet.

He's been wearing it all through the comics....bah, there's another one! Okay, shutting up about continuty now...

I loved it when Obi-Wan said "What a wonderful smell you've discovered." I almost died laughing with that one.

I almost died too, but it was because I wanted to shoot myself in the face. :p Eh...to each his own. :)

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>But unlike most EU projects Lucas is heavily involved in at least this volume.<<

Actually, Lucas wasn't that involved in this volume- at least not more than most EU sources out there. The novel "Labyrinth of Evil" has more direct input from Lucas than Clone Wars does.

It's just that Clone Wars took part of what LOE portrayed and adapted or added to what was there.

Continuity-wise, there really aren't many problems- especially when you realize Chapters 21 and 22 span a good amount of time (hell, there's a jump of over two years between scenes 1 and 2 of Chapter 21) and bookend or jump in and out of the events from the novels and comics.

4. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Mostly all I can do is echo all the positive stuff everyone has said about this episode.

I will say I liked the ending. Little side adventures are very Star Wars in my mind. (Jabba the Hutt side adventure anyone?)

I think the bug eating on a deeper level just better develops Anakin as a boy from a world like tatooiene, where you might eat what you can get to survive. Very well done.

The GG and Dooku seems to be the favorite..but for me the most interesting part of that sequence is what Dooke actually tells GG as they fight....that's real no kidding martial arts principles people.

Finally I am surprised nobody caught Obi Wan's suspicious glance at Mace when Mace agrees so easily with Palpatine about the mission. I think Obi-Wan's misgivings at that moment are key to what will happen next with the tribe people.

I think its another big distraction, much like the one in the Novel Labryth of evil.

You'd think Anakin and Obi would be better at not getting tricked by Revenge of the Sith!

5. neojedi18

neojedi18 Jedi Knight

Feb 28, 2005
    No one seems to have mentioned the greatest part of the episode for me, Eeth Koth/ really light Agen Kolar had a crimson lightsaber! For someone like me that grew up with the comics and novels, this is a great event and hopefully a prieview of new colors in Episode III.

Also, I got the Clone Wars volume I DVD tonight- and the Bridging the saga featurette had early animation of Roron Corobb fighting one of Grievous' magnaguards! This confirms that we'll see the duel between Grievous, Roron Corobb, Foul Moudama, and random female jedi that was in Labyrinth of Evil.

Sweet : )

And I would venture a guess that the pink planet is CLakdor VII - as it's the only pink planet I've ever heard of in Star Wars - also was mentioned in Labyrinth of Evil - so it's possible.

6. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Well holy crap, that was definitly the best episode of the entire show thats for sure. Anakin and Obi Wan in the trench was hiliarious. I dont think war argees with Kenobi, lol.

7. RundownJedi

RundownJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I can't believe no one has noticed that it was implied during chapter 2 that Padme and Anakin ...(did IT)

its clear as day.... with the light in the room going off....

8. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Yeah I noticed that. Definately some innuendo going on.

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    They are married after all.

!snap

10. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    The lights out in the apartment, well, we just saw the conception of the twins, people.

How did he get the scar? That was not answered, and the passage of time was nice, his hair long, Obi-Wans not - but HOW MUCH TIME HAS GONE BY?

And the sewer - was that intentionally made to look like Dark Forces? It sure reminded me of it...

Madine out

11. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    The second chapter of the new season was overall pretty good, with just a minor thing to nit pick.

The whole sequence about Obi Wan and Anakin in the tent shows the different early life paths they took. The fact that Obi Wan was disgusted by the bug eating shows Anakin as someone who grew up the hard way on Tattooine, while Obi Wan was sheltered at the temple. Very well done on showing the difference between them.

Even though GG still is a possible diaster waiting to happen in ROTS, the training session with Dooku is nice to hear Dooku's advice on fighting Jedi, possibly a way to make the fact that GG will be a Jedi killer more believe come May.

My only complaint is they are starting to throw too many lines from the OT into the series now. That needs to be toned down, it just sounds too forced at this point.

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I can't believe no one has noticed that it was implied during chapter 2 that Padme and Anakin ...(did IT)

Good catch. I didn't notice that. I was more thinking "Wait...this doesn't look like Naboo..." :p

So this wwould make this episode go from about 9 months before RotS to what? 5 or 6 months? I sense more time hopping *sigh*

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The episode rocked.

And I recall asking my girlfriend about Episode 21 "She didn't look pregnant in the hologram, did she?" and her responding in Episode 22 with the lights going out "That looks pregnant-making to me!"

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    How did he get the scar?

The Dark Horse Republic comics showed Anakin recieving his scar from Assaj Ventress during another fight between the two of them on Coruscant.

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I thought he got the scar fighting Asajj in Jedi Trial...

16. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Ventress was not in Jedi trial, it may have mentioned that he got it from her in Jedi Trial though. The only Lightsaber wielding bad guy in Jedi Trial is Dooku and he only in Hologram a few times(GG is mentioned once I believe)

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>The lights out in the apartment, well, we just saw the conception of the twins, people.<<

Actually, I believe that occurs about a few weeks prior in the comic Obsession.

>>How did he get the scar?<<

Ventress gives it to him in Republic #71.

>>but HOW MUCH TIME HAS GONE BY?<<

_ 4 Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapter 20 (CTN)
    _ 4 Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapter 21 (Scene 1) (CTN)
    _ 30 Months ABG- Jedi Trial (DRN)
    _ 30 Months ABG- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (DRN)
    _ 30 Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapter 21 (Scenes 2-8) (CTN)
    _ 30 Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapter 22 (Scenes 1-3) (CTN)
    _ 30 Months ABG- The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, part 1 (Republic #69) (DHC)
    _ 30 Months ABG- The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, part 2 (Republic #70) (DHC)
    _ 30 Months ABG- The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, part 3 (Republic #71) (DHC)
    _ 30 Months ABG- Trackdown, part 1 (Republic #72) (DHC)
    _ 30 Months ABG- Trackdown, part 2 (Republic #73) (DHC)
    _ 30.5 Months ABG- Obsession, part 1 (DHC)
    _ 30.5 Months ABG- Obsession, part 2 (DHC)
    _ 30.5 Months ABG- Obsession, part 3 (DHC)
    _ 31 Months ABG- Obsession, part 4 (DHC)
    _ 31 Months ABG- Obsession, part 5 (DHC)
    _ 31 Months ABG- Free Comic Book Day 2005 (DHC)
    _ 31 Months ABG- A New Threat (Boba Fett #5) (SLB)
    _ 31 Months ABG- Pursuit (Boba Fett #6) (SLB)
    _ 31 Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapter 22 (Scene 4) (CTN)
    _ 31-36* Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapter 22 (Scene 5-16) (CTN)
    _ 33-36* Months ABG- Labyrinth of Evil (DRN)
    _ 33-36* Months ABG- Clone Wars Epic Micro-Series: Chapters 23-25 (CTN)
    _ 36* Months ABG- The Siege of Saleucami, parts 1-4 (Republic #74-77) (DHC)
    _ 36 Months ABG- Reversal of Fortune (SWO)

*guesstimate

Source Legend:
    DRN= Del Rey Novels
    DHC= Dark Horse Comics
    SLB= Schoolastic Books
    CTN= Cartoon Network Animated Micro-Series
    SWO= Star Wars Online Material

18. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Which Obsession was it?

19. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    ok, here are my thoughts

1) are we sure that is Chewbacca? Why, because he growled?
    2) I for one like the OT quotes. "There are alternatives to fighting"
    3) the beginning montage - this episode takes place over several months. Naboo. Padme touches scar, long shot of skyline with one light on. light goes out. Maybe this is the conception of the twins.

rundow says..."I can't believe no one has noticed that it was implied during chapter 2 that Padme and Anakin ...(did IT)

its clear as day.... with the light in the room going off.... "

dead on, man, dead on.

4) The end part with the tribe. I don't think there is any more to it. Palps wants Obi-wan out of the way. he has tried on numerous occasions to have him killed or separated from anakin. he insisted they go there after GG - wanted them away from the capital. But I didnt realize the Marvel Universe was in the Oter Rim ;) (Did they not look like Nightcrawler?)

I think its another big distraction, much like the one in the Novel Labryth of evil.

You'd think Anakin and Obi would be better at not getting tricked by Revenge of the Sith!

Anakin is reckless, and trusts Palps whole heartedly. Obi-wan is a good soldier and obey's orders

5) Quest, great timeline. thanks.

20. greyorder

greyorder Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2005
    No one seems to have mentioned the greatest part of the episode for me, Eeth Koth/ really light Agen Kolar had a crimson lightsaber!

Just noticed that myself. 'Tis odd. Hope they don't do that in the film or it will confuse the hell out of most of the audience.

21. darth_grievous1

Apr 24, 2004
    Can some one post a link to the CN Clone Wars site?

EDIT- He doesn't. If you saw the trailer, you saw he had a different color.

22. Jango_Bebop

Jango_Bebop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    This was an awesome chapter. Hopefully the tribal side quest will be cool and I don't think they need an OT quote in every episode.

23. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Here you are...

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Site

I noticed the light going out!! [face_laugh]

I loved the "what an incredible smell you've discovered.." line...priceless!

I also noticed the blue guy from ROTJ that plays the piano thing in Jabba's Palace...he was sad... :_|

24. darth_grievous1

Apr 24, 2004
    Cartoon Netowrk link, please?

25. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Look at my post above!!^