main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 10 (Dogfights and Darksiders) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 20, 2003.

1. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Fantastic chapter- though really, there were too many hostile ships sometimes- but OK, it's cartoon, I get the point :D

The chase in the begining, oh, I'm sure Anakin loved it, enjoyed it very much- I guess that's why it took so long to shot those guys :D :D :D

It's cruel that it's over!!! :( I want my CW fix back!!! NOW!

:D

2. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    This was a great episode, comes to show you how good of a pilot Anakin is!

3. paxpussey

paxpussey Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    terrific!!!!

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Fantastic chapter- though really, there were too many hostile ships sometimes- but OK, it's cartoon, I get the point

You guys that are complaining about the amount of ships...just remember The Phantom Menace...there were hundreds of droid fighters against 36 Naboo pilots....It looked rediculous to me back then. That's why i didn't understand the wroter's comments. Was it anymore believable in The Phantom Menace?

The message is...droid pilots suck. A lot. And those were droids piloting the geonosian fighters.

5. Mad_Jon

Mad_Jon Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Genndy even says they were droid-piloted on the commentary. They can produce fighters and droid pilots faster than they can train little bug creatures from a crappy planet in the ass-end of space. To bankers, quantity is more important than quality.

6. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Hers the thing.. It makes sense that they are droids so that they systematticall all attack the nearest threat... Anakin.

It makes since that the missiles home onto Anakin because they were never locked onto a traget. It called passive tracking mode. Even our own Air Force uses missles in this mode sometimes. Although this tactic is very dangerous and is usually only used for a very short range shot.

Just because Ventress has never piloted a Spaceship does not mean she has never piloted atmospherically.

I really thought this episode was very outstanding. I love how Anakin take command and diplays good use of tactics.

7. Lawgiver

Lawgiver Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2003
    What's the big deal about Ventress piloting a ship? It seems to me everyone in the SW universe has piloted a ship at one time or another. It's like riding a horse in the LOTR universe.

I love the fact that Anakin makes modifications to his ship. I was hoping he would say "I have you now" during that mock trench run.

8. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I was hoping he would say "I have you now" during that mock trench run.

{Bevis laugh} .... yeah! yeah! Yeah! That would be cool! heheehe... heh..hehehehe!

(Im serious... I agree :p )

9. dennisbar101

dennisbar101 Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2003
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new. Does anyone know if these cartoons tie in and correspond to the Clone Wars storylines from the comic books, novels etc?

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Several elements found in the cartoon were developed by Dark Horse intially- such as Asajj Ventress, Durge and the ARC Troopers.

There was also a visual homage to the comic that introduced the ARC Troopers in one of the cartoon chapters when they fight their way into the command center.

However, there haven't been any direct plotline connections yet.

But they all coexist on the same timeline.

11. dennisbar101

dennisbar101 Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2003
    Thanks for the info. That said, where on the timeline are the cartoon events said to take place?

12. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Four months after Geonosis iirc.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The majority of the cartoon series is at 4 months after Geonosis, however Chapters 6 & 7 (where Dooku discovers Ventress) actually take place earlier- a few weeks after Geonosis.

14. HaN___DoLO3

HaN___DoLO3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2003
    Awesome episode! :D

Living in Canada, I only recently (tonight) caught the 10th episode. It's been my fav so far. :D

I loved the little ANH homages. (Republic Cruiser passing from above, the trench runs) Not to mention the PM reference. (Anakin flying into the vessel, right by a battle droid)

It was also sweet to see Anakin do some amazing flying, especially when he had the clones fire across a Republic Cruiser hull while he led the Geonosian fighters right into the crossfire.

Wicked stuff.

15. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, after watching it several times, I gotta say that I enjoyed this chapter. Nice to see some space battle in the series. I know we saw some before, but not a whole lot.

The one thing I didn't like about it was, like most of the other chapters, was the running time. Unlike all those other times, though, I hated the running time for a completly different set of reasons.

While I could always count on seeing a new chapter the next week, seeing the end of this made me realize that I'll have to wait two months to see any new ones.

And the way they ended the episode...well, it was good, but not in that context.

Other than that, it was great.