main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 13 (Mace vs. Stompy, Part II) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Mar 30, 2004.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Who's the baddest Jedi, who's a lightsaber machine with all the droids?

MACE!

Discuss.

2. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    pretty crazy

cool but TOO much

he really shouldnt die in any circumstance

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    That was a great episode. I loved how Mace used the Force to remove all of the bolts from that one Super Battle Droid, which collapsed, and then used the bolts as projectiles to destroy the others. The look on that kid's face was hilarious.

4. Chief_Of_State_James

Chief_Of_State_James Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
    i love the metal clang sounds when he knocked out the SBD's...
    is that really the title? Mace vs. Stompy? what is that thing called anyway? Lumaria and Bariss Look awesome in the next chapter

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    That episode was AWESOME! Force punching? Damn what was that all about? That episode owned. I can only expect something unforgetable concerning Mace in Episode III. And I hope we get it.

6. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Great episode, but I think these last two were too much action and not enough plot. I wish Mace or the kid would have said at least something.

7. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    if he goes out in a "jango-esque" way then, well....

How sweet was that.

Loved the water and smile, reminded me of the Mean Joe Green coke commercial from way back.

8. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I hope we get to see action like this in EP3. Very cool :D

9. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    The action was a little over the top, great ending though.

-SWIG

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    All I could do was laugh with disbelief. Remeber that commercial: "Who da man? Yoda man." Wrong!!! Who da man? Mace's da man. We got a cross between a Jedi, Bruce Lee, and big, bad Aaarnold in Mace.

11. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Crouching Jedi, Hiding Battle Droids. :D

Whoo! Awesome! Mace making a flechette projectile out of that SBD was great! The force powered martial arts were groovy too. I also thought his blaster dodging was fantastic too. Him cutting through the wall and taking out a BD on the other side was funny too. I always wondered about that. :p Hey, remember that little clip we saw of Mace way back in Episode 1? That wasn't repeated here at all. It shows that Genny and crew really don't repeat anything... except a half second flash of Kit Fisto. Nice little tribute to the "Joe Green" commercial at the end.

12. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "The action was a little over the top, great ending though."

Isn't that the point though? I'd rather it be too over the top than not enough. It'd be boring otherwise.

13. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    It was probably my least favorite episode. Not to say that it wasn't awesome which it was, it just wasn't as good as the others. There did seem to be a bit TOO much action. It was still good though. Tomorrow's should be great.

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It's up on HS now. Though no doubt there will be some problems.

EDIT: No problems here for a change :D

15. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Oh. My. God.

That was AWESOME!!!!!!!! Mace Windu is the best! That kid at the end was funny too...

16. Chief_Of_State_James

Chief_Of_State_James Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
    DAMMIT GUFF...YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!
    HOW COME YOU ALWAYS SAY IT BEFORE EVERYONE!
    lol

17. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    This was one of the best episodes!!!!!!! Mace is so badass it's insane! All the force powers and punching! He is great! This guy is the baddest! I loved it! How he used the force and turned those screws into acting like bullets that tore up the droids was just kickass! Loved it!

18. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    DAMMIT GUFF...YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!
    HOW COME YOU ALWAYS SAY IT BEFORE EVERYONE!
    lol

Because I rock ;)

I don't even have a good internet connection, takes me ages to download the eps :(

19. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Dude that was awesome, pulling out all the nuts and bolts from that one super droid was freakin awesome. There's no way that ep3 is gonna top that, as far as mace at least.

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    " I loved how Mace used the Force to remove all of the bolts from that one Super Battle Droid, which collapsed, and then used the bolts as projectiles to destroy the others."

I agree. Coolest darn thing in the series this far. :D I actually laughed out loud at that move... It was just so original yet awesome. :D

Oh, and I loved the ending. [face_blush] I could absolutely feel the kid's admiration and awe at this grand warrior, and yet the child is innocent enough to think, "Gee, I bet he's thirsty after all that, maybe he'd like some water." So cute. [face_blush]

The look in his eyes was just so great! And I loved how Mace didn't brush off this little kid. :) Great ending! :D

21. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    First when the kids on the ground he like, wow- can i have your autograph?

then when he gets the bottle back hes looks at it and he says- wow, im never washing this again!

Truly amazing episode, i would of liked it better if there were no droids talking, cuz then it would of made the whole battle wordless. and a picture is worth a thousand words so... I think ive gained alot of respect for mace, i never forgave him for killing jango :(

22. starbird2273

May 9, 2003
    From the commentary - tried to figure out how to end it, and though about "This party's over" but thought it would appear cheesy in a cartoon, so they decided to pay homage to the MJG Coke commercial

23. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I actually laughed out loud at that move...

me too!

and i agree with your thought of how he is nice to the little dude, i know waht was going through maces head too... back in shatterpoint when he was in the cave, some kids were pretending to be bounty hunters, and they pretended to kill jedi, and they showed their hate for the jedi (whos name they did not know) who killed jango. but now he realizes there are still some children like back in the day when the jedi were uber cool to all :)

24. starbird2273

May 9, 2003
    I thought of that shatterpoint scene, too, but I think this is pre-shatterpoint

EDIT this is a couple months before shatterpoint

25. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Pretty good episode. Liked having another Mace Windu episode. Got a pretty good chuckle when Mace used the Force to remove all of the bolts from the Super Battle Droid.