main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 15 (It's Not Easy Being Green) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 1, 2004.

1. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I liked the interaction between Yoda and Padme. I think Natalie pouting in real life would be a lot sexier than the animated version.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The whole mindtrick thing was a little weird. Too obvious, and it shows the viewer the power that the Jedi really take for granted.

3. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Overall, this was a pretty good episode (or chapter). It was great to see Yoda kick some Droida**s.
    One thing though, I can't stand the terrible Swedish dubbing. It is very rare that cartoons not aimed towards very small children are dubbed as dubbing isn't accepted generally (thankfully). Well, at least I could imagine how Anthony Daniels MAY have sounded like.

4. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    The one thing I didn't like in this one was the characterization of Typho. I know he's the cousin of Panaka but in this case he seemd exactly like Panaka. I never got the hint in Ep2 that he didn't trust the Jedi unlike his uncle.

Keith

5. JEDI_JANN

JEDI_JANN Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2004
    GREAT EPISODE! BUT IS MY LEAST FAVORITE, CAUSE YODA DOESN'T LOOK SO POWERFUL THAN THE COOLEST MASTER WINDU, PADMÉ LOOKS SO HOT, I LOVE HER, I THINK TODAY'S EPISODE CAN PULL UP THE SEQUENCE.

6. Warlock7

Warlock7 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    The only problem that I had was that there should NOT have been purple crystals in the temple on Ilum. Mace's lightsaber is supposed to be unique and he is the only jedi that should have a purple lightsaber blade.

Outside of that, I am loving this whole series.

7. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    ^ That makes no sense though, think about the logic of that for a moment.

If Mace's lightsaber was destroyed or lost, you're saying that he could NEVER build another saber with the same color crystal? Ever? There's is nothing that says Mace's saber crystal is one of a kind.

8. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    Everything I said about Clone Wars being silly, was silly. :) GREAT CHAPTER! Yoda is da man! :D Padme was acted much more like a friend to Yoda than she did in AOTC. I hope GL will make Padme act more like this in episode III. :)

9. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    does anyone know who did the voicework for Padme? its sounds kinda familiar to me...

:D

10. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It should, Grey De Lisle also does the voice of Ventress. ;)

11. Bodolza

Bodolza Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    There are different kinds of power. I like to think that Yoda is considered the most powerful because he has the greatest understanding and connection with the force. His power comes from knowledge and wisdom. Mace, on the other hand, has great control of the physical aspect of the force. It's the classic brains/brawn scenario. Each compliments the other. This isn't to say that Yoda isn't a great fighter, and that Mace isn't wise, just that each has their strength.

I think the cartoon has really shown this. Mace destroys the droids by releasing huge amounts of explosive force power. Yoda, on the other hand, uses his speed and abilities to get the droids to destroy each other, and uses the environment to crush them.

12. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Excellent observation Bodolza!!

13. SithMasterTasz

SithMasterTasz Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    If you missed this chapter you can see it on www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/main_exclude.html

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    As wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu
    While he was refering to Obi-Wan...I think Anakin brought up a major reason why these 2 jedi are senior members of the jedi council. Mace is a "great warrior" who's knowledge and reasoning shouldn't be overlooked. Yoda on the other hand has 900 years of wisdom to draw from in addition to his physical attributes and connection to the FORCE.

And you'll notice that Padme didn't let on that Master Yoda used the mind-trick to convince Captain Typho, I think because she knows that a jedi wouldn't go to such extremes if the reason was not important.

And from a story perspective, I think Yoda's fighting scenes were better then Mace's...because of the scenes with Padme and Typho establishing the circumstances of the chapter.

15. Warlock7

Warlock7 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    That's not what I am saying, you've misunderstood my point. Mace didn't get his crystal on Ilum. If memory serves me the crystal that he used is unique to his home planet of Haruun Kal. It's the only place that they form and he is the only jedi that has gotten one from there. So, he is the only jedi with a purple lightsaber. I believe that this is all covered in the book Shatterpoint. This is not a question of logic, it's an established fact in the Clone Wars books.

16. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    There are more than once place in the galaxy that they could be found though, that's my point.

17. Warlock7

Warlock7 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    Not according to the book. These crystals are unique to Haruun Kal. That is what unique means after all, it is the only place that they come from.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Perhaps Mace's purple crystal is not from Ilum and his really is a unique crystal from Haruun Kal. The purple crystals on Ilum would be a different type of crystal by that logic.

(Perhaps the purple crystals on Ilum are no good for saber blades- only the green and blue ones. Thus, when Mace found a purple crystal on Haruun Kal of proper quality, he knew it was rare and unique).

19. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I seem to recall reading somewhere (Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy?) that the builder of the saber doesn't know what colour the blade will be until they turn the saber on. IE the colour of the crystal wouldn't matter, hence all the purple crystals on Ilum.

I could be wrong though...

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20. Warlock7

Warlock7 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    I suppose that is always a possibilty.

I have a tendency to believe that it's just an error on the part of the colorists of the cartoon though.

21. Warlock7

Warlock7 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    I don't recall that, it has been quite a while since I read that trilogy though. I am under the impression that the lightsaber will be the color of the crystal that goes into making it.

I recall that one of the "Young Jedi Knights" has another unique blade that is golden/yellow, I believe it was Jacen, but that may be completely wrong. I recall him getting it at Lando's GemDiver Station when he and Jaina go down in the Fast Hand diving bell. It is a special crystal that formed on the surface of the Yavin, a Corusca Gem. Another unique crystal/gem. They are unique to Yavin and are the hardest known substance in the Star Wars universe.

Maybe that's where the confusion comes from. Like the Corusca Gems of Yavin, Mace's purple crystals are unique to Haruun Kal. Now that's not to say that there is only one crystal, but they are unique to that planet.

The standard crystal from Ilum is called an Adegan crystal, they are also referred to as Ilum crystals. From all this, those purple crystals on Ilum shouldn't have been there. I'm fairly certain that the colorists screwed up.

22. yodafan25

yodafan25 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    i missed this chapter..dammit. i wanted to see yoda kick some ass. :(

23. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I enjoyed this episode immensely. One of my two favorite characters of the saga, Yoda, kicking ass, and using the Jedi Mind Trick. Season One was great, but season two is even better in my opinion. I know this is nothing but fanboy gushing, but I just had to express my adoration for this episode and season two. :)

24. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Speaking of chapter 15/ the cartoon series...

Did anyone else see the new ad thats being run on cartoon network for the last episode this thursday.

General grievous(am I spelling that right?) Is in it!

25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Did anyone capture the ad?