main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 17 (The Beginning of The End) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 5, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Clone Wars: Chapter 17 (The Beginning of The End)

This episode is the seventeenth chapter for the "Clone Wars -- The Epic Micro Series" and will air April-05-2004 at 8 pm EST, and be available on cartoonnetwork's site (US visitors only) & hyperspace shortly after, and there's a mirror for the US-only streaming version here on the official site.

Plot Summary:
    [i]Chapter 17
    On Yavin IV, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan's clonetroopers face the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress.
    [/i][hr][/blockquote]
    [color=red]Please [u]do not[/u] post in this thread [i]until the episode airs[/i] -- and then it's a free for all.[/color]

Thread title provided by Master-Fett ;;)

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    wow, realy good!

poor r4 :(

i liked how the troopers secured the site, it sounded like a tribal HUT HUT HUT HUT

awsome!

3. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    GREAT EPISODE!

4. Darth48076

Darth48076 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    GRRRRRR

+(%*(+EJOPFDOPFKMPMF<P{FJKASPC{<MSA it ended right when it was getting good!!!)

5. Darth_Ape

Darth_Ape Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2004
    That was frickin cool!

6. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Awesome episode! Poor R4...Anakin is pissed.

7. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    details!

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some sweet TK usage by Asajj... and tommorow it looks like we'll get some Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon tree combat.

Poor R4, though.

Also dug the Yavin approach homage.

9. juzarj

juzarj Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    one of the best yet, but it ended just when it was geting good grrr heh

10. ysalimari_sandwich

ysalimari_sandwich Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Great episode, a lot of the jungle noises in the background sounded like astromechs though.

11. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    God, I LOVED those two shots at the end where Anakin activates his saber, and then it cuts to the shot of the two scary, ominous robed figures ready to kill each other. :D

Poor clones! They really got hammered didn't they? :(

Such an awesome tease of swordsmanship too! Sweet beyond words! :D

Can't wait for 18 and 19!

12. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Very good, I've loved this second season.

-SWIG

13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Where was the ARC trooper? Didn't Obi-Wan tell him to take a squad. (meaning him go with them.) What a coward.

14. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    NOOOO!!!! SHE KILLED ARFOUR!!!!! :_|

I can't believe how much Yavin looks exactly like it did in ANH! I also liked Anakin in his hood for a change.

That was pretty cool how the clones got nailed and literally didn't even know what hit 'em!

Tomorrow's chapter looks pretty promising. A bit DOTF-ish the way Anakin and Asajj were jumping around the tree branches. I hope he kicks her bald, pupil-less butt! [face_devil]

15. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Crouching Dragon, Hidden Tiger? I was thinking along the lines of Tarzan.

Now why didn't Asajj use the her TK tricks during the arena? Or use the skills she demonstrated in the arena against the clonetroopers?

When Anakin stated the obvious, all I could think of was something my father always says - "No ****, Dick Tracy."

Edit - true, but he's seen what she can do at Muunilinst, so does he honestly think the troopers can stand a chance against her? Maybe he thinks one of them will get a lucky shot or something.

16. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Since he was probably in command, he may have been coordinating the different units from inside the Troopship using its comm system.

In which case, he's still dead. [face_plain]

17. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It's up on HS now, let's hope I don't have as much troubles as I did with 16...

18. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    "Now why didn't Asajj use the her TK tricks during the arena? Or use the skills she demonstrated in the arena against the clonetroopers?

She did, she slammed two guys backwards and collapsed the roof on a bunch of other gladiators.

"When Anakin stated the obvious, all I could think of was something my father always says - "No ****, Dick Tracy."

Be fair now, Anakin was in a different part of the jungle than the rest of the Clones. It would have been "No ****" had he been standing right next to them. :p

19. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    That was kind of shocking, seeing Anakin's starfighter blown up. Rest in peace, R4. :(

Anakin really looked like Vader leading the stormtroopers through the jungle. Very spooky.

I also liked the approach to Yavin 4 - almost identical to the shot of the Falcon making the same flight in ANH.

Ventress stepping on the Republic logo also - symbolic.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

20. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    What was the first thing that exploded while Anakin was in the jungle?

21. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    The Republic Cruiser Obi-Wan sent to find Anakin.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    No I mean when he was in the jungle and he just heard something explode, and when he goes to see what it was there's just scorched ground.

23. juzarj

juzarj Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Think it was the Republic Cruiser blasting some trees to make room for them to land

24. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Oh...I think that was the cruiser coming through the atmosphere. But I'm not totally sure on that one. Maybe it was Ventress arriving?

25. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    No I think he means before that.. the Cruiser kind of did a Blaknet fire as it landed to make sure it was safe I think.

Poor R4 I agree... we can repair him cant we, if any of my circuits or gears were..oh wait.. nevermind.

And yes..this whole episode was just a big tease....grrr