main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 17 (The Beginning of The End) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 5, 2004.

1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    ARFOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Arfour!!!

What really bugs me is that Anakin calls a regular Trooper "Seargent". Seargents should have green bits.

Also, the "no ****, Sherlock" part of the cartoon (which I think is better than Dick Tracy) had me in hysterics.

Nice to hear the Wilhelm in there aswell :D

2. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    That was my favorite chapter thus far. The atmosphere of Yavin... and seeing Ventress mop the floor with the Clones... good times. :)

3. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    I thought that the part when the Clones were slammed around was a bit funny... Sorry, but I did! It was funny to see them slammed around by some unknown force... :p

4. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I didn't know that smut could be invisible. Whats up with that?? I think the "hut, hut, hut" thing was a tribute to the SWAT team from the Blues Brothers.

5. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    I take it everyone noticed the homage to Jango's decapitation??

Now, as to the other troopers getting killed... [face_laugh], I was ROTFLMAO! So many "classic" disappearances. And the trooper flying throught air... [face_laugh]

As to R4, why did they kill the best Star Wars droid ever. :_| I'll miss you!! :_| But at least we now know the real reason Anakin went to the Dark Side. It was because R4 was killed!! :eek:

Now, hopefully the duel will be a good one, especially with Anakin getting a little upset [face_devil]

6. PowerfulAnakin

PowerfulAnakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I sure hope Anakin shows us his skillz vs. Ventress...

I think it would transition nicely if he was a lot more powerful then he was in AOTC, but less powerful then we know he will be in Episode 3.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The best one was the one trooper that got slammed to the left of the screen then yanked hard in the opposite direction on his back...hehe

>> I didn't know that smut could be invisible. Whats up with that?? <<

She wasn't invisible- she was using telekinetic force powers.

8. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    that was maybe the best one yet, Asajj is in trouble, but what she did to the clones was pretty impressive. Overall i think besides Ch 11 season 2 has not been that good, but this was great.

9. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    whats up with the Clone Troopers when they are getting off the transport? ie hup! hup! hup!

other than that, great episode! i loved the ending, except they should have ended it right when they are having the faceoff, just after anakin ignites his saber, rather than starting the duel...

EDIT: i agree, it does sound like the cops in Blues Brothers!

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    How can you not like Season 2?

Anyway, was anyone else thinking: Predator? I kept expecting to see Arnie pop up somewhere with one of the Predators...

I too thought the various TK deaths were hilarious - the animators have obviously studied their movies for death scenes.

Asajj stepping on the Republic symbol was great.

I actually liked the ending - it's not only a cliffhanger, but the chapter ends in mid-saber swing!

Asajj's voice and dialogue bug me a little bit, but it's nothing major.

11. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    How exactly did Asajj destroy the ships?

12. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    my guess is that Ventress planted detonators on the ships while Anakin and the Clone Troopers were searching the jungle for her...

13. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I loved that Clone Trooper cartwheeling thru the ari ( above the trees ). Awesome episode.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>i loved the ending, except they should have ended it right when they are having the faceoff, just after anakin ignites his saber, rather than starting the duel...<<

Actually, Genndy mentions in the commentary that that's where he wanted to end the chapter also, but wanted to give people a taste of the duel, and figured this would be a better cliffhanger.

15. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    <<I loved that Clone Trooper cartwheeling thru the ari ( above the trees ). Awesome episode>>

Yeah..to me that was the funniest one. I'll also noe that I like how Anakin actually cares for his clones. This is evident in how mad Asajj has made him already. but...*sniff* Arfour was the last straw!

16. old_fool_obi-wan

old_fool_obi-wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2004
    FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!
    The Troopers beat up all over the place.

17. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    i dont know about y'all, but i was kinda disappointed that the Wilhelm wasnt used for at least one of the Clone Troopers...

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, they did use part of the Wilhelm scream for a clonetrooper- the 'ugh' "prefix" to the main "AHHHH".

Listen to the 10th or 11th trooper to get attacked (the one that gets tossed forward and back by a branch).

19. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Too bad Anakin didn't have Mace with him. Mace would have killed the girl in about 10 seconds.

Seriously though, great episode. I liked it when the Clone Troopers helmet rolls past the camera.

20. CEJ1138

CEJ1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I personally had a fairly luke-warm reaction to the previous three episodes, and was a bit worried that the over the top action in the second Mace Windu episode had somehow numbed me to the rest of the series.

But this was great. :D

21. adj

adj Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    I loved how they built the tension in this sequence...sort of reminded me of the rainforest scenes in Rambo, Part II.

Can't wait to see Grievous in a few days. If they can build tension around these two now, what will the Grievous scenes bring us?

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well gang, this episode was good, but the next three are going to be great. The bread and butter of the second series. Unfortunately, some of you will complain about the over the top action thats coming....cause its coming in the next three episodes. I loved both the first and second season, and have been a staunch supporter of star wars in animation. Genndy has done an excellent job and whether they come out with more clone wars cartoons or not, this 1 hour series of shorts has been fabulous. The visuals have been super, and the storytelling impressive. especially , for three to four minute episodes.

23. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Chapter 17 was good, and a little heart-breaking at times.
    Anakin's starfighter and R4 are blown up by Asajj Ventress Noooooooooooooo!!! I just got the frell-ing thing for X-Mas!

RIP R4, there will be a memorial service for R4 in the lobby of every midnight screening of Episode III ;)

I liked that they picked Yavin 4 as the backdrop for the battle between Anakin and Assajj. It gives a little nod to Yavin 4 in both the films and EU.

Assajj using the Force to take out the clonetroopers was awesome. I keep watching the one that she smashes into a tree, flips over, and smashes again, and think "I know she's evil...but that just looks like fun"

"Hut, hut, hut, hut, hut" :D
    I loved the clonetrooper/Blues Brothers reference....these guys have a great way of slipping in little details to lighten the mood (sorta like the SW references in "Dexter's Laboratory")

24. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Good episode. I likes I likes.

25. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    That episode rocked. I laughed out-loud when that one clonetrooper went cartwheeling across the screen, through the air. Hysterical. The clones getting their asses handed to them was cool as ****. It was awesome to hear the Wilhelm Scream, too. The fight between the two is going to kick serious ass, and I love how they ended it...with sabers clashing. That's the best way to leave people hanging, for sure.

R.I.P. R4... :(