main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 19 (Anakin Skywalker vs. Asajj Ventress III) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by surlygirlie, Apr 7, 2004.

1. AaronJedi

AaronJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    What's really mindboggling is that Anakin is still only a padawan. Just wait until he's a full Jedi. Episode III is going to be the greatest.

2. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Well I would like to read everyone's comments, but seeing two dumb asses that posted Eppy III spoilers that had to be commented out I won't... *SIGH*

What can I say that prolly hasn't been said anyways? That was what I needed to hold me over another year. Why is this considered EU? Thought Lucas approved it all as a bridge for Eppy III?

Finally Anakin throws down some whoopage!!!! YES!!!

Chilling, indeed it was. Wait for Episode III I cannot.

:) I'll have to wait though. *cry*

3. darth_melvin

darth_melvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    The Falling Death. Cliche or no?

There must be a list on the web somewhere about all of the falling deaths in popular sci-fi/fantasy films.

It looks final, and provides an ending to a battle while keeping it ambiguous about whether they actually die. Do you think it's just a cop out?

In Star Wars,
    Luke falls in ESB - and lives
    Boba Fett falls in ROTJ - and lives or dies (depending on your EU acceptance quotient)
    The Emperor falls in ROTJ - and dies

I mean look at Disney - Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, etc. It's kind of a cliche at this point to have a battle end with a participant (usually the villain at the end of the film) falling. People should avoid heights when they fight:)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Why is this considered EU?

Because that's where it is on the Official Site.

5. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    What's really mindboggling is that Anakin is still only a padawan. Just wait until he's a full Jedi. Episode III is going to be the greatest.

I don't think we can judge by the cartoon of how powerful Anakin will be in the film. The cartoon is really cool, but look at Mace Windu, in AOTC he doesn't fight half as fast as in the cartoon, and he can't kill things just with his hands.

I can't wait for tonights chapter! :D

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So anything that's not a full lenght motion picture is to be considered EU then? ?[face_plain]

7. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    So anything that's not a full lenght motion picture is to be considered EU then?

Yes :)

8. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    Now THIS is Star Wars :D

The images of the Jedi Masters behind Anakin's life were just amazing. Made me think of Anakin realesing all his frustration to the Jedi accumulated through all this time since Shmi's dead, against Ventress. Just amazing.

PS: nevertheless I missed a little flash image of poor R4 along this Jedi. u_u

"Nobody mess with R4" :D

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The "falling death" syndrome is interesting - it's like the person falling is being reduced - go, dwell in the dark, in the depths, you are worthless.

You are being cast out of existence, cast out of the light.

Okay, enough English Lit classes. 8-}

What I thought was interesting was they made it seem like a Jedi can be aggressive in combat, yet still calm - the first 3/4 of the chapter, Anakin was a juggernaut - but he didn't really seem to be "tapping" into the DS until right at the end.

In other news, I actually really liked his scream at the end - it sent shivers down my spine. :D

And my favorite part was when he grabbed Asajj's wrists with that blank, focused look on his face and that variation on DotF played in the background. SO sweet.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So anything that's not a full lenght motion picture is to be considered EU then?

Pretty much.

Although the Ewok movies are ALSO supposed to be EU, I believe -- it would depend on where LFL classified them. Since the website lists the Clone Wars as EU, we've got a clear picture however...

11. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I Loved Episode 19... I hadn't been as big a fan of season II as I was of I.... But this pay off made it all worthwhile. I Cnaaot wait untill tonight!

12. Scorp

Scorp Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    I disagree that with the idea that it was Qui-Gon's fault that Anakin turned.

If Qui-Gon had lived, there would be no Darth Vader.

So it was Darth Maul's fault.

btw, Chapter 19 was by far the best, the others are hardly worth watching anymore.

And the primal scream was quite appropriate given the circumstances. Havent any of you ever been so mad that you just had to let out a scream at the top of your lungs?

13. hbmartin

hbmartin Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2004
    The thing I miss most so far is that I haven't seen Jar-Jar.
    ^^^Just kidding, don't force choke me ;)

I too don't understand why Anakin just let her fall and then (apparently) didn't check to be sure she was dead. You'd think after seeing her abilities and her jumping a half mile up into trees he would at least want to be sure she was gone.

But then again, insight, well thought out moves, and rational decisions don't seem to be Anakin's strong points :)

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great episode!!!! It was awesome! :D

15. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    This was AWESOME!!! Favorite episode EVER! :D :D :D :D :D

Not only the topless Anakin was hot, but it also had symbolic effects: angrier he got more of his JEDI robes were lost... in the end none of the external remindings of the Jedi remained, he even changed to a red lightsaber...

16. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    From the commentary, Genndy makes it sound like it's not memories or images that Anakin is seeing, but Yoda, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan being "aware" of Anakin veering very close to the Dark Side.

Did anyone else pick up on that?

Yes, I did. Very cool!

Definitely the best episode of the Clone Wars. I loved every brief minute. It was interesting how once Anakin had that red saber in his hand, he could win. I think this is where he first tastes the dark side and sees how powerful it is.

One regret: Anakin's hair should be longer now.

17. Smin

Smin Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    That was simply awesome.

I'm not sure if it was just me but when Anakin entered the "cave", they played a sound effected that sounded like the way Vader breathed.

18. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Haha! Nice drawing, Alixen! [face_laugh]

Stupid as I may sound, I think CW Anakin sans shirt ain't too bad lookin' for a cartoon LOL!! [face_blush] [face_mischief]

19. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Anakin kicked her butt!

Red vs Red lightsaber battle! Whoo hoo!

Folks, Ventress isn't dead. According to EU, she has several stories after this. Including one where she fights Obi-wan!

20. raymond

raymond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    yes the duel was, awsome, Anakin has become more powerful, the clone wars are making Anakin become stronger,

Can't wait till EP3!!

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This episode rocked, but then again all of them rocked for me. Can't wait for the last one. I hope they come out with more. No complaints......Well one.....Please GL don't mess up Episode 3!!!!!!!

22. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Just got a chance to see it at cartoonnetwork.com.

Damn, was that episode intense!! :eek:

My favorite part about it was the fact that it lacked music through most of it, reminiscent of Luke/Vader in ESB.

I have to agree that this may have been the best chapter by far!

23. 2112ad

2112ad Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    Did anyone else notice that the shot of Anakin w/ lightsaber standing in front of the red gas giant was homage to the REALLY EARLY artwork from A NEW HOPE - when it was called THE STAR WARS? It's featured in the front of Sansweet's book.

Overall, this series has brought back my enthusiasm for Star Wars that AOTC all but killed. Thumbs up - awesome!!!

24. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    That episode was awesome and the ending superb.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Did anyone else notice the "Vader's Breathing" sound when he entered the ruins? In sync with the rain drop

I noticed this as well, and I'm surprised that there hasn't been much mention of it.

The symbolism of Anakin ending up with the red saber was also important.