main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 4 (The Arrival of Durge) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Errant_Venture, Nov 11, 2003.

1. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Was the Wilhem scream employed in this chapter? I thought I heard it.

2. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Loved that episode

even a little dialogue works because it tells a story or something like that

what were those black droids?

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Those Jousting droids with Durge had heads similar to IG-88

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    San Hil was the guy in charge, the guy giving some lip to Durge...

So he's this guy then?
    [image=http://www.yodaminch.com/images/icons/san%20hill.JPG]

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Finally, someone with the authority to make the comment.

Anyone is allowed to ask others to kindly follow the rules.

The comment regardin Ep3 spoilers had already been made in your Palpatine / Sidious thread (and in the forum introduction sticky thread).

People were just reminding you of it, and hoping you would have the common courtesy to edit your post. Instead you dug your toes in, argued back, and refused to listen to the advice because those people were not mods.

Not cool.

6. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
  7. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Yup Minch, that's him! :p

I hope we see more AT-TE action, they didn't get to do much in this episode. Except explode. :p

The SPHA-Ts though... :eek:

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    I tend to agree with most of the folks like DarthTerrious who are saying that the execution of this episode was a bit on the...fantastic side. I kind of find it difficult to believe that Durge's forces could simply "ride" through the Republic's lines like that, without taking on more casualties than they did, given their armaments...

...but on the other hand -- damn, did I *love* seeing those old-school IG-88 droids in combat. Rather fulfills one of my old fan theories about the role they played during this era, as opponents of the Jedi, and such. :cool:

9. Darth_Klethron

Darth_Klethron Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Anyone find it funny when he jousted the at-at thing? Over all I liked the episode, these cartoons are sweet.

10. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    "I tend to agree with most of the folks like DarthTerrious who are saying that the execution of this episode was a bit on the...fantastic side. I kind of find it difficult to believe that Durge's forces could simply "ride" through the Republic's lines like that, without taking on more casualties than they did, given their armaments..."

Logic has absolutely no bearing on who wins a Star Wars fight. None, nada, zip.

In ANH, Stormtroopers tear through Leia's corvette and slaughter the well armed and equipped troopers who were in an AMBUSH position. The Stormtroopers lost only two of their numbers while killing 30+ rebels.

In ROTJ, the cream of the Emperor's legions get mauled by teddy bears with pointed sticks and rocks. The Stormtroopers couldn't hit a barn if they were inside of one.

It comes down to plotting. The good guys lose at first and then the bad guys lose.

Come on guys! Figure it out! :p It's not hard!

How prejudiced do we have to be to accept the most insane situations in the SW flims, and yet not cut a fragging CARTOON some slack!!!!!!! [face_plain]

:p *shakes head*

11. OBI_BYN

OBI_BYN Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    any one notice the wookie yell at the end of the episode when durge held his jousting stick in triumph? If it has already been talked about i apoligize casue i have not gone back to check posts cause there are to many.

12. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Ah, but it's *not* a wookie yell, your brain is only telling you it *sounds* like a wookie yell. :p

The two species, wookie and genohardian (sp) must have similar vocal cords. ;) [face_mischief]

13. OBI_BYN

OBI_BYN Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    ok it did sound like chewy though i have watched it 5 times today. ARGHHH

14. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    jp-30: Thank you for dealing with that.

I've never known a poster to be such an arrogant so and so, just because some of us requested something be removed.

15. -Super_Battle_Droid-

-Super_Battle_Droid- Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2003
    I wonder why the ARC troopers didn't shoot Durge & the IG's if they're on top of the Banking Clan's headquarters, they should've been able to see them.

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That would have ruined the surprise element needed for thier mission and alerted the Bankers of their presence.

17. -Super_Battle_Droid-

-Super_Battle_Droid- Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2003
  18. R2-DJ

R2-DJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    There was only one thing that I hated in that episode. The final scene after Durge blows up the tanks and he throws his arm in the air in victory. I'm sorry but that was a little gay. In my opinion the last thing a character as vicious as that would do would be to celebrate a small victory like that when their are so many more to be fought. It seemed a little anticlimactic to me, sorry.

19. isbagent1

isbagent1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2003
    Wow. I've watched CW 4 about 5 times. These toons just keep getting better and better.

Only complaint: Banking Clan's dialogue.

"What are we going to do?!"
    "It must be their artillary!!" Um... of COURSE it's the artillary! jeez...

20. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    THE SCREAM was there!! It was when Durge kills the Clone Trooper who is shooting at him

21. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Hey, where's the official chapter 5 thread? Kit Fisto ROCKED!!!

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I didn't hear the wilhelm there.

23. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    "What are we going to do?!"
    "It must be their artillary!!" Um... of COURSE it's the artillary! jeez...

-----signature-----

That was the whole point though. It wasn't their artillery.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Rewatching #4 makes me see that, besides Durge's AT-TE stab and SPHA-T slice, the bikers tearing through the Republic forces wasn't so unrealistic- they were using timed explosives to take out the SPHA-T's ala the unused animatic of the Clones on speeder bikes doing the same thing to Spider Droids on the AOTC DVD.

Also, the Geonosians present with the IGBC members links the starfighter presence to things as well.

>>In my opinion the last thing a character as vicious as that would do would be to celebrate a small victory like that when their are so many more to be fought.<<

Durge is not only very vicious, but also highly arrogant- he's always willing to stop and brag or gloat because that no matter what happens, he'll survive almost any attacks that strike him while he does so.

>>Only complaint: Banking Clan's dialogue.
    "It must be their artillary!!" Um... of COURSE it's the artillary! jeez... <<

Actually, that's the humor in it- it wasn't the Republic artillery (you'll note the SPHA-T fire falls short of the city's main gun), it's the ARC Troopers who destroyed the turret.

(In fact, they're talking about the exact same turret you see the ARCs destroy in Chapter 3)

Also, ya know what? It's gonna be really fun to get a chance to edit together all these episodes in proper chronological order once they're all out! ::)

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Boy, when I watched AOTC and saw San Hill, I was like, "How did this guy ever end up in the Clone Wars?"

After watching the TV shows, this question still remians to be answered....