main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 5 (Swimming with Kit Fisto) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by YodaJeff, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, that was SOMETHING.

It was the first cartoon I've seen. I'm not physically able to watch all of them... I have a class that starts Wednesdays at 8 ET and one on Tuesday that ends at 8 ET... so I've just been really curious, though I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. I was actually disappointed not to be able to see Yoda or Obi-wan or Dooku, but the drawing isn't bad, and the sound effects are DEAD-ON.

I really was impressed with how much they could do without dialogue, though I do admit some speech would have been nice.

I guess I'll just have to watch the marathon next Friday, since I haven't subscribed to Hyperspace and the non-Hyperspace downloads look like crap.... unless someone would like to give me the rundown on the first four?

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Check the other official threads... there, your answers lie.

3. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow this episode was really bad compared to the first four, all of which I loved. The only thing I liked in this episode was the Quarren crab-cannon vehicle :p

Plus, I don't like Kit Fisto and his stupid grin :D I hope he dies as soon as possible :D

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    First, 1010101, thank you for destroying my innocence... (Good God, I'm laughing so hard I have to back space every other key!)... that is just....

wrong...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*deep breath as I laugh somemore...*

Yeah.. now what were we discussing?

Kit Fisto and his mentos smile... :p

5. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Todays episode was awesome, he got to see some more Kt Fisto, sweet. Seemed to be longer than the rest. These episodes are getting better and better as mentioned above. The next one shall be even cooler I cant wait to see it. Star Wars Clone Wars gets 5 stars from me, fun mini series.

6. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Had to watch it on Hyperspace because the windstorm knocked down the power lines at 7:20 and I didn't get power back till 10:30 or so. Like someone else here I'll have to wait for the marathon next Friday so I can record everything at once. Anyway...

Definitely one cool episode. Considering his amphibious origins I'm not surprised he used the Force to manipulate water. As for that bubble, I thought he drew in the air from the surrounding water and... whoosh!

As for your concerns about the robots rusting, either the alloys are waterproof or they've been given a waterproof sealant.

As good as it was, I can see thing that could have made it better. Kit Fisto working alongside other Jedi - two to be specific: Bant Eerin, his former Mon Calamari padawan, and his "close" friend Aayla Secura.

7. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    It really did seem like an episode of the Super Friends or the X-Presidents but I still liked it.

And, yes, that would've been great to have Bant in it.

8. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    I must say, this episode was fast, but very enjoyable.

9. justin_sith

justin_sith Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2001
    People complaining about dialogue and physics in a cartoon!!!!! And a Star Wars cartoon at that, a series well known for spot on physics and great dialogue!!!!

Some of you make me laugh, can you not watch anything for entertainment value, and not have to bring dialouge and physics into it.

10. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    Cool episode! (and I thought the same thing 101010, lol)

I loved Kit fighting underwater and the beast the Calimari road were cool too. But a force bubble that tears through ships? That seemed to me to be stretching it even for a SW cartoon but *shrugs*.

sg

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I saw Chapter 5 today and WOW. Kit Fisto is really good. Interesting to see an under-water lightsaber battle. Nice to see the Mon Calamari again and all the Quarrens cool technology :) I liked that crab-like cannon :)

That bubble Kit through was interesting. New Force Power?

12. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Kit Fisto fighting underwater was great and the Calimari swimming in like the calvary were cool too. The idea a force bubble that tears through ships was a bit of a surprise. Once again, I was hoping for a bit more of time spent on this. Looks like the next chapter goes in a whole different direction.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Good on ya with the Mentos reference. I WAS expecting him to bust out a pack and hold it out to the Quarren and have them all shrug...

"It's okay that he destroyed us, he was using Mentos -- the freshmaker."

And Kit Fisto? He ROX!!!

14. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Kit Fitso whopped Quarren and Droid Butt! :)

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Some of you make me laugh, can you not watch anything for entertainment value, and not have to bring dialouge and physics into it<<

Dialogue can affect the entertainment value for some people.

And as far a sphysics go- it brings an added level of realism to something- even the fantastic. Lucas and his animators take a big interest in physics when animating CGI characters in the film as well.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As for generating an air bubble...

Jedi techniques include taking a bottle of oblique design and removing, using the Force, all air molecules from the bottle, effectively creating a vacuum. They also include techniques for allowing fine-tuned control down to the molecule level.

So the fact that Kit Fisto can seperate water into component oxygen and hydrogen, and create an air bubble with the oxygen is NOT in the least bit surprising to me...

17. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Kit Fisto Rules! Now that my friends is a Jedi Knight.

And you gotta love the Force Bubble!

Asajj Ventress, come on down!

18. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    That Force Bubble was very unexpected.

I thought he was gonna use a lightsaber

19. Kirby_106

Kirby_106 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2003
    B. E. S.T.. E. P. I. S. O. D. E .. E .V .E .R .. P. E .R .I .O .D

B
    E
    S
    T

E
    P
    I
    S
    O
    D
    E

E
    V
    E
    R
    !
    !
    !
    !

20. rikus

rikus Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    I was alittle confused about the whole underwater lightsaber too, but who knows. But I did notice something sort of funny near the end of the toon. After fisto disables the large underwater gun/ship, many mon cals wiggle up to it and look like they attach to it.....If no one gets what Im gettin at, it looked like an educational film, you know the ones when they explain how babies are born...

21. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Thought this chapter was awesome! I do not have any favorites. They are like having kids. I love them all unconditionally! Can not wait for tonights. Some Sith action!!!

22. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Just seen it. :D

Wow, just wow. Definitely the best episode so far :cool:

Master Fisto didn't let me down as usual, really kicked butt as did those aquatroopers.

Just loved the way he destroyed the droid fighters and used the Force to destroy that cannon fantastic! :D :cool:

Damn shame that'll probably be the last time we see him in the Cartoons.

Oh and that characteristic Kit Fisto smile :D

Super cool touch.

23. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    justin_sith, couldn't agree with you more. And to the point that GL & Co pay attention to physics, yes, they do, but still, can people run at superspeed (TPM)? Move a pear across the room? Become one with the Force? Lift an x-wing out of the swamp by thinking about it? shoot controled lightning from their fingers?

no, not physically possible....

24. rocket111

rocket111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2003
    This was a TERRIBLE episode! Not only did it break the continuity from the last one, it was COMPLETELY UNRELATED! These cartoons, not the Prequel movies, are increasingly giving merit to critisms that Star Wars is all action and no story!

25. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    This was my least favorite episode so far, BUT not meaning that it was bad.
    I'm no big fan of Kit Fisto. He was somewhat amusing in AOTC, but still... Kit's Force Vortex (or what you should call it) was cool.
    Mon Calamari looked great! I guess this will be our only look at this interesting planet...

I hope the next episode brings us back to Muunilinst...