main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 5 (Swimming with Kit Fisto) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by YodaJeff, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Monju_Aldis

Monju_Aldis Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    I agree that this chapter was terrible, do they remember they are into Star Wars and not Aquaman and those Superheroes...

Kit and the rest of the gang look so fantasious that you can't wait to finish the chapter.

I hope they could land the story in a more Star Wars related themes...

Clones underwater look silly and just like the extension G.I. Joe's figures on toy stores...

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    This was a TERRIBLE episode! Not only did it break the continuity from the last one, it was COMPLETELY UNRELATED! These cartoons, not the Prequel movies, are increasingly giving merit to critisms that Star Wars is all action and no story!

You're forgetting that this series is called CLONE WARS. That's there for a reason, this series is about the Clone Wars, not just about the Battle of Muunilist, which is where the other ones take place. So it is not unrelated to the Clone Wars, just to the Battle of Muunilist.
    Over the entire series, this is a story, one with a lot of action in it. To get the entire story of the clone wars, you have to read the comics, books, play the video games and get all the action figures...

3. tuskanraid

tuskanraid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    I agree, this one was the worst so far. They made him to much of a super hero. And it was way to unbelivable even for science fiction. Like when the ship fell down the hole underwater and blew up? What the hell was that! What was that force bubble he threw, just air? Yet it punctured through a huge metal war machine. Too far fetched.

I know a lot of us wanted ti see him in action, but they overdid it.

4. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    did anyone notice the ying yang sign on his belt?? And how could the battle driods be under water?? 1. Wouldent they rust? 2.Wouldent they like...blow up under water because they are machines?? 3.Wouldent they short curcit and blow up?? 4. How could there guns fire UNDER water??? wouldent it jam?
    1- Not all metals rust. Iron rusts because it is in the presence of oxygen, which is highly corrosive (yes, even to humans) Thus, the droids are made of different types of strong alloys.
    2 & 3 - Things can be waterproofed. The droids don't have all their insides exposed, and while they might short circuit, they wouldn't explode.
    4- The guns don't have bullets, they can't jam. They're probably designed to be waterproof.

Did band of brothers have a plot? Not really. It was a bunch of guys fighting and dying in war. It was not super complex. You watched it for the cool "charaters" (yes I know they were real people) and action. Perhapes some history as well, but it wasn't that deep beyond it's conception.

Clone Wars is the same way.

Band of Brothers didn't really have a 'plot' because it was a true story. However, if it did have one, it would be the story of those men who did fight in WWII.

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Now my review...

Overall, a pretty good episode, better than episode 4. The Underwater battle was pretty cool, but there was limited clone trooper action under there. There was some great scenes, such as all the scenery and expecially all the scenes in the republic cruisers...

6. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Did anyone besides me expect to see Aquaman at any moment?

7. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  8. tuskanraid

Jun 30, 2003
    Yes, Aquaman, and the Wonder Twins.

With their Wonder Twin Powers they would have formed a death star trash compactor monster and an ice speeder.

Worst Episode Ever!

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Relax, we've got another 15 more episodes to go. As far as I'm concerned, 4 is the worst thus far, but that's 'cause I love clone troopers...

10. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    The Wonder Twins! LOL [face_laugh]

11. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm confused.

Who here is so confused as to have no idea what compressed air can do. Lets not forget they're near the sea floor of a Water planets. I have no trouble believing a ball of compressed air could rip through metal

Even better, if it were compressed water. Hell they use compressed water to cut through metals.

12. tuskanraid

Jun 30, 2003
    I liked 4, the good guys can't always win, that would be no fun.

Are they the good guys????

Anyway, Episodes 2-4 kicked major butt. With 3 being the best so far.

13. tuskanraid

Jun 30, 2003
    I liked your Icon, now I am a clone of you!

14. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You realize you're talking to yourself?

15. Cosmin-Coral

Cosmin-Coral Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2001
    Very VERY good.
    I loved this chapter :D. It was the first since Chapter 1 that I've been waiting, watching all those appalling adverts, to see the next repeat (OK, I've not seen Chapter 3, I'll have to catch that Sunday - can you believe it? 6+ repeats & I miss them all [face_blush] . I'm going off subject here...)

Anyway...
    The lightsaber - I understood that Obi-Wan's had a flaw, that's why it shorted out, his Ep II lightsaber coped OK on Kamino bcos it was better constructed.
    And maybe, as an underwater dweller, Kit Fisto had made his specially to work underwater?

The force bubble - either water of some form or vacuum? Although I can accept that he could have separated out the hydrogen & oxygen, I don't see any particular reason for it to be an Oxygen bubble.

16. mcwheeler

mcwheeler Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    Ive loved every episode so far, totally fantastic.

Im not a huge fanboy, so I have a kinda dumb question. The banner above shows 3 red lightsabers, obviously one is Dooku's, who are wielding the other 2? Thanks:)

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ventress (bald white chick next to Dooku) weilds two lightsabers (that can actually be attached to form an s-shaped double-bladed saber similar to Maul's), so the second and third blades are hers.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>And to the point that GL & Co pay attention to physics, yes, they do, but still, can people run at superspeed (TPM)? Move a pear across the room? Become one with the Force? Lift an x-wing out of the swamp by thinking about it? shoot controled lightning from their fingers?
    no, not physically possible....<<

However, there is such a thing as presenting a fantastical situation reacting in a realistic manner to reduce the suspension of disbelief required by the audience.

19. mcwheeler

mcwheeler Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    Will the episodes explain how she came to use Lightsabers, or should I go to another source for an explanation?

20. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "Band of Brothers didn't really have a 'plot' because it was a true story."

That's my point. Band of Brothers was fantastic and it didn't have a plot. Why should Clone Wars be any different?

21. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    About Kit Fisto's lightsabre, I've read somewhere that he uses some kind of crystal that makes his lightsabre work underwater.
    An explanation that leaves me satisfied, no need to dwell on that.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Will the episodes explain how she came to use Lightsabers, or should I go to another source for an explanation?<<

Chapters 6 and 7 of the cartoon will deal with her meeting Dooku, but you can get a fuller backstory about her (and how she came to use lightsabers and the darkside) in her TOS Databank entry:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/asajjventress/index.html

She also appears in issues #51-53 of the Republic comic series (which will be collected into TPB form and released later this month) as well as other upcoming issues of the comic series and chapters of the cartoon series.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, I believe it was in the Hyperspace webchat: Kit Fisto uses a saber with TWO crystals which rapidly alternate ignition, which is why it works fine underwater. Or something.

I'm guessing that's why Kit's saber looked thicker than usual.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It looked thicker because ofb the boiling water effect around the blade.

25. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Even better, if it were compressed water. Hell they use compressed water to cut through metals.

You can't compress water. It's impossible.