main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 7 (Count Dooku vs. Asajj Ventress) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Clone Wars: Chapter 7 (Count Dooku vs. Asajj Ventress)

This episode is the seventh chapter for the "Clone Wars -- The Epic Micro Series" and will air 17-Nov-2003 at 8 pm EST, and be available on cartoonnetwork's site (US visitors only) & hyperspace shortly after, and there's a mirror for the US-only streaming version here on the official site.

Plot Summary:
    [i] After denouncing her claims to be a Sith, Dooku challenges Asajj in combat and defeats her. But he is so impressed with her skills that he gives her an important assignment ? to assassinate Anakin Skywalker.[/i][hr][/blockquote]

I have been especially looking forward to this episode! :D

2. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    That RULED. I was grinning the whole time. Enough said.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    That was sooooooooooooooooo sweet. By far the best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-SWIG

4. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    Cool chapter. Is it just me or does Asajj sound like the Goblin from "Legend?"

5. IMDWalrus

IMDWalrus Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    Holy crap. That was an awesome episode!

Cartoon Dooku is amazingly cool, and lightsaber battles are always welcome. I wasn't expecting Sidious to be in the series...shows what I know. :)

It's too bad the series only has three episodes left before it vanishes until next year...

6. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    OMG THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :D What an improvement from the last two chapters!! I was completely blown away when Palpidious came down those stairs after the fight! It's also kinda creepy how much Asajj sounds like Gollum..

7. DarthWufei

DarthWufei Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    Loved it, except for that lame gift. I'm sorry, but I hate those damn curved hilts. I think Dooku just likes them because they help with arthritis.

8. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh man that was awesome!!! She's like "I am a Sith!" And the Dookster is like: "Whatever." I liked Sidious's voice. Maybe he shoulod brush those teeth tho...

I eagerly await the jousting in the next installment!

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    She sounds almost exactly like I imagined she would after seeing her in the comics. Also fun to see some much needed lightsaber action in this episode. I was starting to wonder when they'd get to it.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty sweet chapter- loved Dooku's force-levitation block, and nice to see Sidious as well.

"She is just an instrument".

11. General_Han_Solo

General_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2002
    Great episode tonight!

*Spoilers*

Why did Darth Sidious send Asaii to kill Anakin? Is he just using her to test Skywalker's power?

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I liked it but this confirms my thoughts about assajj I had in the republic and jedi series, she can easily be defeated. Mace's quote said as much. I liked Dooku. I was wondering sidious would show. His voice was off completely. Again dooku sounded great.

13. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Have to see if Asajj combines the sabers as a double bladed staff as described in the OS databank entry.

And Sidiuos sure got a whole lot uglier since AOTC :eek:

14. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    :eek:

AWESOME! :D

Dooku rocks!

The breif "areial" clash, coreography, and that final force pull, saber slash, push shows he's still the king of the duel.

Except when Anakin comes looking for an inevitable rematch! :D

It's probable that Sidious is allowing this assassination atempt to further evaluate Anakin. To see if he's strong enough to warrent more attention (Palps/Sid already knew this but this little test will just be more proof if he survives Ventress).

15. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    What a fantastic episode! I hated Sideous voice though. Very annoying and inaccurate.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Why did Darth Sideus send Asaii to kill Anakin? Is he just using her to test Skywalker's power?<<

Possibly- he may also be pitting potential future Sith apprentcies against each other to see who is most able. If Asajj can beat sucha powerful Jedi as Anakin, then he'll know she has potential.

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Holy crap. [face_shocked]

Now that episode rocked. (#7)

It was just what I wanted to see- Dooku kicking Asajj's butt all over the place. She was way too cocky for me in her introduction (like, perfect character, I'm just saying that I wanted Dooku to teach her a lesson. :D ), and so I'm so glad Dooku put her in her place. :D

Man, Dooku is the MAN when it comes to dueling. :D

And next week- dueling speeder bikes! :D

18. General_Han_Solo

Dec 22, 2002
    The force lighting was awesome. It seems as if Dooku is more powerful than he was is AOTC.

19. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Sideus? Sidiuos? Sideous?

Can't anyone spell Sidious? Anyway, I can't wait til this episode: lightsaber duel + asajj = :D

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Sidious needs a dentist. His teeth are cringe worthy....ick!

21. General_Han_Solo

Dec 22, 2002
    I am so lookinng foward to the eventual confrontation betweenm Asajj and Anakin. I hope they show the full fight in towards the end of this run, and not make us wait till March! I can picture it now: Episode 10, Anakin an Asajj ignite their lightsabers, and start to duel. Fade to black. Arrg! I wonder what kind of cliffhanger they have is store for us?;-)

22. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I just watched it again. If you watch in the background while Dooku and Asajj are dueling you can see Sidious watching from above at the top of those steps. Also, was this episode longer than all the rest? I noticed that they didn't recap the previous chapter.

-SWIG

23. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Too bad, they don't start dueling til Chapter 18, possibly 17.

EDIT: It's up on HS now

24. ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA

ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    Dooku put that little sith want to be in her place! That ruled! I loved how Dooku was just like "you're no sith!" and then zap! Asajj is getting fried with force lighting! I loved it!

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So... I've never wished a cartoon to put up "0wnzd!!!" before.

But Dooku totally owned Ventress.