main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 7 (Count Dooku vs. Asajj Ventress) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Nov 17, 2003.

1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah but Anakin is older and wiser after that confrontation, and besides Ventress hasn't the skill or experience Dooku has.

4 months older? I don't think he is much wiser, just look at his conversation with Obi-Wan in Chapter 2.

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    4 months older? I don't think he is much wiser, just look at his conversation with Obi-Wan in Chapter 2.

Yeah well given the right voice his words would have had more credibility and he wouldnt have sounded like he was so arrogant.

Besides it is a figure of speech, he learnt something from his defeat against Dooku, and anyway he will be more than a match for Ventress.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I don't seem to be able to save Chapter 7 to my computer and I don't know why. I have saved the other chapters by going to the temporary internet files and copying the cartoon over the another file, but the cartoon is not in my temporary files so I can't save the cartoon. Is the officail site stopping people from saving the cartoons?

4. Drath

Drath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Well of course she'll lose, we know Anakin has to win, or else you won't believe the complaints about continuity. I don't find that a compelling reason to call her pathetic. Inevitably, Dooku will lose too. So will Sidious for that matter. Asajj is in good company. What I want to know is if Anakin will beat her fair and square like Obi Wan beat Maul, or will he need to use the Dark Side to do it?

I fully agree about the Sith and fear. Remember the Emperor's words too: "Your hate has made you powerful!" It's all about the hate. Who knew the Care Bears could beat the Sith. Waitaminute. I think I get the Ewoks now...

5. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    Drath, that is funny.

Not as funny as when I say to my wife how great AOTC is and she says, "but there are no ewoks."

But she liked care bears and strawberry shortcake when she was a kid...

6. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Yeah well given the right voice his words would have had more credibility and he wouldnt have sounded like he was so arrogant.

Anakin is supposed to sound arrogant because he is.

!snap

7. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    Wow...

Best...Episode...EVER.

Incredible Action..and lots of talk too!! :)

I couldn't even dream of star wars being this good.

8. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Who knows what time period the NEXT twenty cartoons will take place during? As we get closer to Episode 3, we could very well see Anakin become a knight.. unless the books or comics are going to do it first. Personally, I'd rather see it here.

9. Jedi_Majik

Jedi_Majik Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Please do not post Episode III Spoilers.

I guess I'm just easy to please, I thought the "gift" was a nice touch. It was the first time the we'd seen someone being given a lightsabre (sans the arena) since Ben gave Luke a sort of "gift" from his father. After frying her into a coma, crushing her sabres, and delivering her a severe beat down, I figure it was the least Dooku could do.

I thought the Sidious voice was very reminicent of ROTJ. From the moment Dooku claps in Chapter 6 until the end of Chapter 7, there was a real ROTJ feel which was really cool.

Too bad only 3 more left.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This was my favourite setting of all the episodes so far. Simply stunning and very Star Warsy.

Personally I would have prefered if Assaj had had a more natural female voice, I think that would have been scarier than the standard evil whispering she is having.

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    This was the first episode I truly liked. I have practically no complaints except Sidious' voice. Excellent episode. Lets see if they can build off this one or not.

12. jedizen

jedizen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2003
    Just had to give my 2 cents....

This was a flawless episode in my opinion.

Maybe Vader will be given his saber in the same manner in ep III?...

13. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I am also throughoughly enjoying these episodes. However, does this series conflict with the other EU timeline? For instance Shatterpoint? I think maybe these are taking place 4 months after Geonosis, and shatterpoint was 6 months??

14. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    I didnt get to watch this episode on TV. Finally saw it on hyperspace a few min ago... SWEET! :D I was hoping Dooku would put her in her place for spouting off that "sith" BS.

Jabba

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Palpatine wants something with Anakin. He wants him badly to join Obi-Wan. Yet he sends Asajj to assinate him. I think Palpy knows Anakins true destiny,and this duel will further the transformation into Vader. Just a thought.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>However, does this series conflict with the other EU timeline?<<

Nope, so longas one understands that Chapters 6 and 7 take place earlier on the timeline than the rest of the series.

>>I think maybe these are taking place 4 months after Geonosis, and shatterpoint was 6 months??<<

That dating is correct.

17. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    this just doesn't work for me the this one and the last episode have kinda been rather boring.....just like the comics with Assaj & Durge the Cartoons try way too hard to make these villains really good. And it doesn't wash with me. There isn't that sense of believability about them that I got from watching the likes of Maul, Sidious, Tyranus, Jango Fett, Vader etc. So this episode as well as 4 & 6 joins my worse of the series list.

Whoah In the other thread I predicted your response. So tell me how would you set up the villains? The villains are set up to be powerful but not as powerful as George Lucas'. Out of curiosity, how would you do better?

In the other thread I said you'd complain about how easily Assaj was defeated,tby Tyranus, thus contradicting your statement about how they built her up. But now that we see GL 's villains are more bad ass you still complain. So, in reality you just don't know what you want, eh?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Two tidbits I don't think were mentioned already from the commentary-

-They tried several different voICes out for Ventress, and ended up liking the greedy cat-like style they ended up with best.

-A cut scene involved Dooku handing Ventress a holo-map with coordinates (implied it'd be Anakin;s location).

Good thing they cut that out, otherwise the continuity issues would be complicated slightly.

19. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    That was an awesome episode!

Just saw it.

20. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Best episode yet. Love Dooku, love Ventress. This could get real interesting real fast.

Rick McCallum loves you!

21. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    This has to be the best episode yet. Dooku is just a bad-ass nuff said!!!!!!!!!!

22. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I just saw Chapter 7 and something just occured to me. When Dooku gave Ventress double-curved handled lightsabre, does this mean all Sith (maybe even Anakin) their first sith lightsabers will be curved like Dooku's?

~aeryn

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nah, it has more to do with the person's style- those who have been trained under Dooku seem to adopt his handle style for their sabers somewhat often.

24. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    No Sun. Maul's wasn't curved and neither was Vader's and Sidious doesn't even have a saber...or does he?

25. 1010101

1010101 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    In reference to the slight mix-up on Asajj's lightsaber hilts, here's a picture:

[image=http://users.adelphia.net/~1010101/images/chapter7_2.jpg]

Click the image to enlarge it.

They are shown in this scene (and this scene only) as being curved.