main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion: Clone Wars Season 3 [Chapter 23: The Hero with No Fear Unleashed] (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by masterskywalker, Mar 22, 2005.

1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    At the bidding of Dp4m, here is the new discussion thread for today's episode of glorious Clone War action.

Keep it clean and above the belt, go!

2. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    Here in the U.K. chapter 23 of the clone wars has already aired. The opening attack on coruscant being the most amazing scene in this chapter !

The chapter begins with introducing our heros with their new revised looks from chaper 22. Obi-wan is trying to get some sleep away from the battle ensuing on outside but keeps getting woken by annoying little drops of water which fall onto his hood. He turns over only for the water to fall onto his other side as well.

Commander Cody informs Obi-wan that the shields of the separatist ourpost are falling and that they should be down within 3 months !!! Obi-wan groans that they have been there a month already. Commander cody informs him that they are right on schedule ! Anakin returns with "food" to eat. Worms and bugs from the separtist camp ! Anakin has found a way under the shield to gain access to the generator room. In an impressive little action sequence and slyness as oppose to direct action from Obi-wan, the clone troopers take care of things after the shield collapses

Obi-Wan and Anakin are sent by Mace Windu under the persuasion of Palpatine deep into the outer-rim territories where they believe General Greivous is hiding. Palpatine is reposnible for this mission as his "Sources" are reliable. This is actually obviously untrue as Palpatine in the guise of Sidious via holo-communication has instructed Count Dooku and the General to proceed with the final-phase of the plan as the Jedi's forces are spread very thinly across the galaxy.

Anakin and Obi-wan land with several Clone troopers on the planet but things are not what they seem as Obi-wan utters the immortal line "I have a bad feeling about this." A giant monster appears from beneath the bog, and trees and plant-life and very quickly Anakin deals with the monster by skewering his lightsabre through it's skull.

Meanwhile....... Back on Coruscant. Yoda is meditating in his chambers much like he did with the vision of a young Qui-gon and Anakin, when all of a sudden he is startled by a great disturbance in the force. He opens his blinds to reveal that Coruscant is under a massive attack ! Now I mean MASSIVE ! Ships, ships and more ships !!!!

The battle is very hard to describe because you just have to see it ! It's insane, complete chaos !! Mace and Yoda remain on the planets surface whilst the Jedi with Horns on his head (I don;t know his name !) takes charge in space. The reveal on the clones and "that" jedi going through the stratosphere into open space above Coruscant is mind blowing !! So many ships the screen even widescreen is packed and I mean absolutely packed !! you even see them dropping out of Hyperspace into one another ! IN space the republic loses a star destroyer and they have to literally abandon ship and dive over to a separatist crusier and commandeer it it's awesome !

Back to Anakin and Obi-wan they have been taken to a village where an old shamen is meditating whilst two oher members of his species argue over Champions and they have all filed and they are in dnager and they speak a foreign dialect but Obi-wan knows what they are saying thatnks to his travels with Qui-gon-Jinn. Plays a crucial part in Episode III more than I orignially thought. Anakin is then revealed to be their champion when the shamen's spell creates a ploom of smoke revealing the shape of Anakin's metallic forearm. He is "blessed" with leaches, yes leaches, that paint blue tattoo's over him like a tribal symbol as he goes off to face the unknown.

Back on Coruscant Mace performs Jedi acrobatics if seizing control of a droid fighter. The side of Padmes apartment gets blown away and they evacuate everyong out the building. C-3po has a funny line along the lines of "Droids attacking droids ! Oh if I could have words with your programmers !" something like that !
    Yoda performs heroics by using the force to send Trade federation multi-troops transports back into the landing ships, as well as sending two hege T.F. landing ships crashing into one other ! Yoda then rides off on what looks like a goat ! Yeah I know a

3. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    Is the commanders name REALLY Commander Cody?

Because that was the title charecter of an old 50's serial.... He had a jet pack and a bullet helmet.

Commander COdy vs Dr. Satans Robot!

[image=http://downlode.org/robots/doctor_satans_robot_and_commander_cody.jpg]

4. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Yes it is you know how old George likes paying homage the old serial series like Flash gordon !

5. cheese_boy

cheese_boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    Today's (23) really was great. I have a new found appreciation for Master Windu after his stunt today.

Agreed though, the scenes of the battle were amazing - really great use of CGI. The characterisation so fa of Anakin has been just fantastic - I loved the 'Hero Without Fear' montage after his Knighthood.

6. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah I know what you mean saving the day and the other Jedi from out those bubbles !

How wide did your eyes go when it revealed the space battle and the thousands of ships !!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. cheese_boy

Aug 28, 2003
    My eyes certainly popped, but I was more worried that my jaw was going to break from the enormity of my grin.

Even just 3 episodes in, I'm enjoying this more than even the best moments of Seasons 1 and 2.

Also: How brilliant were the little touches? Mace's purple starfighter, Saessee Tiins broken horn growing slowly back over time? Great stuff.

8. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Great stuff so far in deed ! Palpatine in his office sipping tea ! Mr. Cool !

9. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    Doesn't episode 3 release on Wednesday? Are you guys in the UK? If you see this earlier, lucky...

10. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    This season 3 kicks total, well you know what, but I can't wait for Tomorrow and Thursday where we will see the conclusion. I was as giddy as a schoolboy watching the new chapters and I think GL should ask Tartakovsky to continue this in the SW TV show.
    Wadda you want? CG show like Max Power OR more of Genndy's work? I know what I want! Peace out!!!!

"Hey! Stinky - kitchen's closed!"

11. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    This episode was excellent. It has that unique Star Wars combination of the most fierce technologically-advanced battles against the rustic, healing mysticism of an alien tribe.

And Palpatine's appearance! HA! He won't coward!

***** out of ****

AC2

12. cheese_boy

Aug 28, 2003
    I just loved the idea of Anakin killing without thought while Obi-Wan tries to reason and look for the meaning behind things.

I agree though, I'd love to see Tartovsky's team continue after Episode III, even if it's a background story - Boba Fett's rise, a Han Solo origin - Luke's early years even.

13. dvader654

dvader654 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Just saw Ch.23, and I was blown away. The battle of coruscant is everything I hoped for and more! I have never seen Yoda and Mace so worried, now they have to defend their home.

What Yoda does in this episode is the greatest feat I have ever seen a Jedi do, unbelievable. But Mace has his moments as well, and when the two get together, oh man!

But the Anakin and Obi-wan story brings everything down. What is going on with this weird indian tribe thing... seriously this is the last calm moment Anakin and Obi-wan get before being thrust into Episode 3, couldn't they have done something better with them.

Other than that the episode is the best yet. Palpatine has the best part in the episode, to see him just watching the fight through the window while sipping coffee (or whatever it is), I felt the evil pouring out.

14. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Woo-Hoo! The UK are getting this stuff earlier than anywhere else, must be a first :)
    Anyway, onto the Episode...The battle of Coruscant has to be seen to be believed, the shot with Yoda meditating before the curtains fly open to reveal..ships, ships & more ships is, well.. =P~
    So far, so good, but it must be said that the Ani&Obi story is a little flat, I only hope it has some massive pay off to make all that listening to Obi-Wan translate worthwhile.
    Thankfully the episode redeems itself with a finale that is totally orgasmic!

15. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Here in the U.K. chapter 23 of the clone wars has already aired. The opening attack on coruscant being the most amazing scene in this chapter !

That sentence will get me through my day at work. :)

!snap

16. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I should get back from work in time to see 23 and 24. Then 25 2moro should be amazing. [-o|

17. Kaimonx

Kaimonx Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    What struck me the most about this episode, other than the red stormtrooper being utterly and completely awesome, was the invasion of the other ship by the horned Jedi. It reminded me of something about the design of Vader's helmet:
    "Vader's fearsome facemask came about almost by accident. Concept artist Ralph McQuarrie designed the mask since the early drafts had Vader board Leia's captured starship by crossing the vacuum of space, a circumstance that necessitated a breathing apparatus."
    You'll also note that on the front of the Jedi's chest there is a control panel very similar to Vader's. A great touch. More notes: I don't know if it's common knowledge, but it sounds like they've gotten Samuel Jackson to voice Mace Windu, or at least a very competent facsimile. Palpatine at the end was fantastic. I could imagine him thinking, "don't screw this up, Jedi, I have to wait a few more moments till I get captured..." It seemed almost too obvious that he was meaning to get captured, but I think the time for subtlety probably isn't there in a 12 minute cartoon.
    The Anakin and Obi-wan story seemed a little too subdued, compared to what's happening on Coruscant. I have a feeling that it's building up to something interesting, though.

This was definitely the best Clone Wars yet, which is saying something because it's been great up to this point. It might have also been the best piece of prequel stuff yet.

18. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Hello my friends, just seen chapter 24 and all I can say is OMG! In response to the question where OWK and AS are on the planet that GG is supposed to be on all I can say is this. There is a very cool plot twist at the end of Anakin's trial and you will find out why they are there. Don't want to spoil too much for you guys across the pond BUT all I can say is this. A LOT OF COOL GRIEVOUS ACTION IN THIS ONE as well as some more EIII tyings. Enjoy!

"2000 degree's Mick, enough to turn steel into butter!"

19. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    The bit about the "women and children" at the tribe's camp... was that a Temple of Doom reference? [face_thinking]

If it was, I'm liking it! Made me smile anyways :p

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow. I wonder how Palpatine is going to get himself out of this one without showing his true nature...

I can't beleive they just had Obi-Wan and Anakin hanging out on some other planet as Coruscant is being attacked :mad:

I really wonder how they'll be able to introduce this battle in RotS. It's not normal in a Star Wars movie to start out with a battle anyway... And now they have allready an established part of the battle...

21. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    When Obi-Wan said, "women and children" it showed anakins face, with a shadow across it, for a few seconds, as if he was remembering the tusken slaughter.

Oh my god, and the red clonetrooper holding off those super battle droids was incredible, he pushes one down, sticks gun into it's chest and fires, pulls out his pistol, and headshots like 3 of them

22. LordCantenberry

LordCantenberry Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2003
    I personally almost cried when I saw Yoda pick up a battalion of droids so that droid fighters would run into them.

If Episode III is half as good as the clone wars has been in the last three days we are all in for a treat.

23. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    BREATHTAKING! That was the best Clone Wars yet! From Maces starfighter, to Saesee Tin's board on the federation ship. AWESOME! AWESOME! One bad thing was the Ben and Anakin plot line. I do not get why Anakin rode off at the end? Lol it also must be cold with no shirt. That part where the clonetrooper asks for reinforcements is awesome!

24. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Mace's purple starfighter was cool! :cool:

All those blue blasts and guys in suits floating around in space reminded me of Moonraker!

And Yoda was just was just awesome.

But my favorite thing of all: no new continuty errors! (At least that I could catch.) Wonderful!

The only thing I didn't like was Saesee Tiin's voice. Not at all how I ever imagined it. But I'll get over it.

Great episode! I loved Palptine, admiring the view with his afternoon tea. Mwuhahah! [face_devil]

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, and Chapter 23 is officially 50 billion times cooler than anything we've ever seen in the prequels so far- holy crap!!

=P~ :eek: =P~ :eek: :cool: :D =D= [face_hypnotized]

This had the sense of urgency and importance we haven't seen since the OT...

All continuity headaches this series has given us are officially forgiven brav-freakin-o.

Now, hopefully ROTS will live up to it's potential and match this (which I think it actually has a chance at doing).