main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion: Clone Wars Season 3 [Chapter 23: The Hero with No Fear Unleashed] (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by masterskywalker, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Kaimonx

Kaimonx Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    No, because I haven't seen the movie yet.

Can we PLEASE avoid episode 3 spoilers, or at least leave them clearly marked?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    All ROTS spoilers are supposed to be kept in the Spoiler Thread, or they could go in the Clone Wars cartoon discussion thread in 3SA.

Back to Chapter 23...

Holy crap, Yoda kicks ass. :cool:

3. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Nobody here caught the Gandalf reference?

"Fall back! Fall back!"
    "Hold your positions! Hold your positions"

Reminded me on Gandalf on his horse in Minas Tirith :p

4. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    What the hell was Yoda riding ! It seemed like a mean-ass goat !! The goat attacked a droid and bashed it over the ledge !

However no Chapter 25 today here in the UK. They're showing chapters 21-24 tommorrow and then what looks like a 20 minute chapter 25 !

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That is the same steed he rode in Chapter 1.

20 whole minutes? There is an all powerfull, holy being! [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_devil]

6. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Well actually looking at tommorrow's schedule for ToonAmi it looks that way Starts at 5:30 goes through all the chapters then finishes with 25. But its scheduled to finish at 6:45. I know it's longer but I counted the time blocks there's only 5 but the last one is schedulked for 6:30 - 6:45 Sorry to get your hopes high, please don't be disappointed I'll be feeling so guilty !

7. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That's okat :) Allthough I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, seeing as they did the same thing for Chapter 20.

8. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah I know but i've been "shopping around" and it seems that all the new episodes are in fact 12 minutes hence the 1 hour total for the new series.

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

But still it's been a nice show. The synopsis is along the lines of General Greivous achieves "his" dastardly scheme ! Which leads us directly into Episode III with Anakin and Obi-wan on the way back to Coruscant. Man those boys are busy !

9. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I haven't read the new book, it's on my "to do " list, but those of you who have realize that there's no continuity errors being made, right?! I mean if the books and comics were to be followed as Cannon, then Boba Fett is really Jaster Mereel, and not a Clone of Jango! One thing you can count on, is you can't count on anything that isn't done by GL. So stop having cows whenever the cartoon disregards what you've read. Chances are that they haven't read whatever it is you're spazzing out about. Just sit back and enjoy is my advice!
    So you're declaring that no books or comics are cannon? Why exactly do you believe that the cartoons are cannon? Hate to make this into another continuity battle, but GL didn't do this either. He had just about as much involvement in these episodes as he did the novels and comics. Yes, they haven't read what I'm spazzing about. They should have. Continuity makes the universe much more enjoyable. Doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying the episodes, but for someone like me who is trying to enjoy the whole Star Wars universe and sort out the multiple continuity conflicts that have arisen, the Clone Wars cartoons are a bit of a pain in the shaak. Why publish in multiple mediums without coordinating them? Seriously, how hard (since obviously they are the SAME BASIC PLOT) would it be for them to just say 'Hey, look we want to have Stass in this scene...' and 'Well Corobb shows up later in our book, but if you want him in that scene in the show we can move him...'? You may not believe in that continuity, and that is precisely why you don't understand what I'm upset about. And its not your problem. Its mine.

10. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah. You'd think they'd make Geny, or whoever wrote the scripts read LOE before starting...

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005: That's too bad :( Oh well. It's still a kickass season, despite all the continuity errors :p

11. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Well continuity isn't exactly a problem with Star Wars is it ! Especially when it gets in the way of something cooler ! Like Mace's sky-diving ! Lands on a ship well enough but not on the ground when Sidious pushes him out the window ?! Hmmmm ahh well.

12. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Well continuity isn't exactly a problem with Star Wars is it ! Especially when it gets in the way of something cooler ! Like Mace's sky-diving ! Lands on a ship well enough but not on the ground when Sidious pushes him out the window ?! Hmmmm ahh well.
    Well the argument against that is that Mace is doing much the same thing that Anakin did in Attack of the Clones when he leaped out of the vehicle.

Furthermore, there has already been a note against saying information like that as it is spoiler stuff and shoudl not leave 3SA. I would further respond to your comment but I fear that I'd be in violation of what I just said.

13. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    So what are all of the continuity errors that people have been talking about? I couldn't detect anything, but then again I'm not quite up to date on the Clone Wars overall and I'm just finishing Jedi Trial now...

14. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    Back on track people Clone Wars. Good chapter except Grivous started monologing ! Just watched the Incredibles so I had to say it !

15. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Wish the SBD's in Republic Commando were as easy to kill as the ones in Chapter 23! Darn!!!!

"The names Constantine - John Constantine, party on dude!"

16. dvader654

dvader654 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    About Lucas's involvement in EU materal, for the most part he stays very much out of the loop. For almost all EU material all Lucas does is sign off on the story the author wants to make. Lucas never said, I want Han and Leia to have children, Lucas is not involved in any way to the story other than just giving it an ok.

But with these cartoons and Labyrith of Evil Lucas did have some imput which he rarely does. He told them to do this part of the story, to tell the events of the opening crawl. They were specific instructions.

Now I know it sucks that the two dont match perfectly but just think of it as two different interpretations of what happend.

For the most part Lucasfilm did a great film of making sure everything fit, but ever since the sequels and special editions came out a lot of people's stories got contradicted. Its sad that its not all perfect but they are still doing a great job with it.

17. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Jul 15, 2002
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Like shooting skeet !!!

18. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I didn't say the cartoon is cannon either.

My point is that there is always going to be continuity errors as long as multiple people write and illustrate stories in the SW Universe. It's just how it is. It's frustrating I know, it would be nice to have a good linear story where everything falls into place, but unfortunately that's not happening. GL can always throw out whatever work hasn't been done by him in order for him to redesign his story, exampled by the confusing Boba Fett stories that have been changed and re-changed over and over again to include the events of ATOC. It's simply not worth getting upset if GT doesn't have "Joe Blow" Jedi in the same scene as it was in a book that came out a month or two before. I'm sure GT got to incorporate what he wanted from LOE but GL also gave him some sort of freedom to tell this story his way.
    Okay, I'm done. People are gonna argue over this stuff regardless. Anyway, this is the Official Discussion: Clone Wars Season 3 [Chapter 23: The Hero with No Fear Unleashed] (SPOILERS) thread, if you want to discuss the events of LOE maybe you should be in another forum.
    Don't bash me, I really like the EU too! :D

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'll tell you, LFL has a lot to think of after this season is over. Animation and star wars goes hand in handed.

20. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Just re-watched it. The part where they hear Grievous walking upstars slowly, and then his head sticking down to see Palpatine somehow reminds me of Jurassic Park, and the Velocoraptors (I think).

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>So what are all of the continuity errors that people have been talking about?<<

The percieved errors steam from the episodes telling events that apparently contradict how those same events are told during the novel Labyrinth of Evil. However, they'll likely end up fitting in and around each other for the most part.

>>About Lucas's involvement in EU materal, for the most part he stays very much out of the loop.<<

He's actually involved a bit more than many people think, but your correct in that he usually doesn't implement a storyline, he just provides his input to projects when needed or wanting.

22. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Yeah, what's wrong with E.U? I personally find it very interesting. Gotta love chapter 23...and I agree with someone else on the first page, Saesee's voice was...odd to me. I strangely envisioned a British accent...nope, twas the exact opposite. Did anyone else note this? In many of the threads I've visited, the people talk about how certain characters don't talk...well, my friends...the walls have ears.

23. Kajash

Kajash Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2002
    I find it amusing that the natives from the snow planet speak Hungarian(with a very strange pronounciation)

At the end of chapter 22, the native warrior says:

"Az Ordog az enyem, mindent elrontottal. Ez volt az en probam" means " The Devil is mine, you've ruined everything. This was my trial."

In chapter 23, the woman says to the elder "Az idegenek elrontottak a ... tesztet. Elrontottak a tesztet". This means:"The strangers have ruined the ... test. They ruined the test"

Then the elder says: "Meg kell ezt beszelni", which means "We have to talk through this". Then some latin: (gibberish?) "anetus spiritus"(?)

Then at the campfire the elder says "Az anyjat! A hold az beteg." (The mother! The moon is sick)

After he the smoke takes the form of Anakin's hand the elder continues "A hold keze(t)." meaning "The moon's hand".

When the elder puts the bugs onto Anakin body he says "Ez fog egy kicsit fazni", which means This will be a bit cold , i suppose he should have said "Ez fog egy kicsit fajni" which means what Obi/Wan is saying "This will hurt a bit".

Sorry if this bored you, but i think its funny that Obi-wan speaks my language:)

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    lol! That's halarious. They did the same thing for the language Nien Nub sopke in ROTJ :p

I knew these people's language sounded too esrthly. And I was pretty sure I heared at least one latin root word.

Spiritus sounds like spirit. I highly doubted that the people working on this show would have enough time and rescources to develop a language the way they did in the movies :p

25. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
    This episode is probably the best one yet. Mace AND Yoda action. AND clone trooper action. And some unexpected Sasee Tiin action!