main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary *** OFFICIAL Episode III Premiere Planning Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Based on discussions at previous meetings, here is how the plans for the Revenge of the Sith premiere are shaping up:

1) We will be at a midnight showing of the film either at Chinook Centre or Silver City. Chinook is big, and there might be a showing in IMAX seating. Silver City has digital sound. Does anyone have a preference or other suggestion?

2) We will be contacting the theatres soon to see if we can get preferred seating or other perks seeing how we will be bringing media attention.

3) We will be in costume, for those of us who have them. The more people in one place in costume, the more effective it is.

4) DrHaggis is in contact with the 501st and they will have a contingent at the premiere in Calgary. He is coordinating with their PR director so all of us costumed Jedi can be at the same theatre as the Troops.

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I think chinook would be great. As we there is lots of space to be seen. I was there in costume for ATOC premiere on IMAX and it was great. We could have people downstairs and at the top of the esclators.

Ryan

3. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Hi guys,

Long time since posting on the Jedi Council! I can't believe my username still worked!

Anyways, I also vote for Chinook simply because it's closer and attached to a mall, but I won't be disappointed if it's Silver City.

Officially count me and the husband as costumed attendees - he'll be dressed as a Jedi and I'll either don the Jedi robes as well or my Padme-in-white. I briefly considered the massive battle of Theed Padme-Sabe costume, but the headdress would get in the way of people behind me :).

Jen

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey,

First off thanks to those who have PM'd me and reminded me to post in this section, its been awhile.

My vote is for Silvercity personally because I hate getting to Chinook and get frustrated by the mall crowds/parking. Having said that I just wanna see it at the best possible theatre and screen in town. Whatever the consensus is in that regard is ok with me.

5. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I would like it to be SilverCity, but we will get more attention in Chinook. So, I am good with either.

So, "when" we get reserved seating (knock on wood), how many seats are we going to get? As many as possible? My thought is that we could invite friends and family to sit with us. Good tool for expanding the group. I have a couple friends that love star wars but don't want to be part of the group. Great seats might change their minds. I don't know. Just a thought.

And as the time gets nearer, the group could explode to over 25 people, or more. Who knows.

Darth Paul

6. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I think Chinook would get more Exposure than Silvercity. But silver city is only 5 blocks from my house. I really don't care where we go, me and Paul stood in line for hours at the Coloseum for episode 1. Now that was a little outta the way. Another place might be Sunridge. Me and Paul were ther for Ep 2.

I think we should actually have another meeting before the april 18th and really start getting things going for our fanforce.

Ryan

7. im_posessed

im_posessed Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    Hey!
    Sounds like plans are coming along nicly for Episode 3. I thought I'd mention that since I came back east I get to see it a whole 3 hours before the rest of ya ;) hehehehe

See ya'll sometime in June!

8. Vicu

Vicu Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    I have to vote for Chinook, as it is the easiest to get to by transit for most people, i assume. The parking is actually ok, as late at night it should be easy enough to find a space. I would go so far as to say it is the best theatre in town, and the price is always $10.95 for adults.

If that is decided, we must confirm the number of people attending. I was at chinook Monday, and they said advance tickets to Ep 3 should be on sale by this weekend.

Doesn't look like i will be able to get a costume together unless anyone is willing to help. I have to move at the end of the month so I have to focus on that, lack of money doesn't help either.

9. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hey all,
    just thought I'd put my 2 cents in....although Chinook is pretty accessible for most us, I don't particularly like their sound system. I watched AOTC (as well as a lot of other films) at Sundridge Spectrum, and it was AMAZING!! They have two theatres (1 and 14, I believe) that have the BEST sound in the city (next to an actual IMAX presentation). THX, DTS, and Dolby Digital surround sound. Chinook can get a bit crazy because of the mall traffic but I guess if we want exposure, we'll get more if it there.

10. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I personally prefer Chinook...we would get way more exposure. Silvercity is OK..however it is quite a distance for me.

11. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    Well, do we put it to a vote or what?
    Unless everyone is living in the north end of town, Chinook seems best to me.

12. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    The 501st will be at Chinook too so it looks like that is the best spot. We need to start a serious vigil for advance tickets. It would suck to be all dressed up and have no place to go.

13. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    Then Chinook is decided?
    I'm going for my advance ticket. they should be on sale now.

14. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Vicu - did you really go get your advance ticket??? Please confirm! Tell us which show/theatre you got, so we can all get the same one.

We kind of have to coordinate this stuff, otherwise we'll all be spread out in different lineups.

15. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    No advance ticket yet. They aren't yet on sale. Sorry to disturb anyone.
    If I do manage to get advance tickets anytime soon they will be from Chinook. They do have a thing for group things on thier phone menu though. We might want to go through that.
    Or, if anyone wants to meet we me, we can go to Chinook together to arrange whatever we need.

Anyways, with the 501st confirmed to be going to chinook, that is our certainly our most appropriate place to go. If we can manage to get everyone in our little fanforce chapter a seat, we'll be all set.

16. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    The "group" thing is probably exactly what we want to do.

My only concern was that there is likely to be more than one screen showing the premiere (likely all of them, actually) and it would have been crappy for us to be spread out throughout the theatre in different lineups.

I think we should definitely look at the group thing.

17. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    Then we have Chinook decided. Now how large will our group be? Do we need to show up en masse to purchase our tickets?

18. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Perhaps if we can all make it out to the meeting on the 18th, we can bring the ticket $$ and designate one person to buy the tickets en masse?? That way we make sure we're all together at the same show. Has any headway been made as to the group rate? How many do we need to qualify??

19. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    All those who are going to attend the next meeting please sign up here
    Meetup
    as meetup sends out emails and reminders of meetings.

Setting one person as a ticket buyer is a good idea. Hopefully we can get a good rate. But being opening night and midnight showing lets just cross our fingers.

Another thing on our adjenda should be a name for our fanforce.
    Also we need to get crazymike to add us as official on the board.

Ryan

20. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I have contacted Famous Players and have put my name down for a group of tickets. Nothing offical yet but they will be calling me on Thursday the 14th with details.

Rock, Rock on!

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Great!. I contacted CrazyMike about getting our official status changed on the message board here and he has fixed it. I think it'll make a better statement if it says were official. I guess we have to get that web page sort of updated. If need be I can host it on one of my shaw accounts and we can get a redirect.

Ryan

22. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    Good initiative Haggis. Whnever it comes time to go down and get the tickets I'll be there, not much else to do.

23. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Famous Players got back to us today re: groups, etc...

The lady said that "The distributor hasn't given us any information as to availability of group tickets for the opening shows, but we'll have information by Wednesday or Thursday of next week."

What this means is, that we'll have to call them back next Wednesday to get the information.

In order to qualify as a "group", we have to have 20 or more people. I can say for a fact that this isn't going to be a problem. In addition to the seven or eight of us who attend the meetings, there are our families (Paul and Ryan, I'm sure you'll have people to bring!), plus seven other people (Magpie Jen and her husband and the whole group of friends they'll bring - why haven't any of them posted yet???), and any more people who join the group before then.

This is going to take some coordination, but it will sure be lots of fun once we get it organized!

24. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I will use 4 or 5. I have a 3 or 4 friends that will want tickets and will want to see it on opening night. My friend James just bought the new Darth Vader voice altering helmet. He loves it. I will try to get him to dress up as DV.

Paul

25. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    As far as a group rate I don't think any of us really care about the price, if thats what they are worried about as far as the distributors concerns. I think it would be fine to pay full price and ask for reserved seating for our group. If we have 20 or more and then have a section set up for us would be better. That way we can wander around in costume promoting it for them and not have to worry about fighting for a seat.
    But thats just my 2 cents.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.