main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    So communicating with your partner (who is a grown adult) means that you're a radical manipulative feminist, got it.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I have faith in Fox. I enjoyed both films they were good films with nice soundtracks a bit cheesy but this was before Iron Man. They can do it well and I don't want marvel to get the rights back because it will screw up there plans and they have no place in there schedule. They also have already planned up to 2020 so marvel won't want it anyway.

3. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    It was the way she chose to go about it, playing on his emotions by making him think she'd done even worse to him. Reed messed up by listening to Johnny and hiding his work from Sue...but at least Johnny didn't throw him under the bus for it.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Fox could of course have their own great Cinematic Universe going if they link the X-Men & Fantastic Four franchises together Avengers-style.

That is of course assuming the movies are done as well as the stuff Marvel is putting out right now.

Apocalypse and Doom are both great villains, and two of my favourites. The prospect of them potentially being together in the same movie excites me greatly. But only if both are realised properly and do justice to the characters. I certainly don't want Doom to be anything like he was in the previous FF movies.

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Michael Chiklis is Jewish?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Of course not, but he can pass for Jewish unlike Billy Elliott despite him attempting to pass for a Jew in other films. Plus Black is clear and Jew is not, so Black > Jew!!!!!

rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't think anybody complaining about the news around this new movie is trying to imply that they got everything right with the first two.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    No, they really couldn't.
    X-Men and Fantastic Four do not go well together at all, for obvious reasons. In the X-Men universe, mutants are hated by the general public and the government, for being dangerous. But in the Fantastic Four, the Fantastic Four are beloved for being superheroes. Doesn't make any sense, does it? They would fit into the MCU perfectly, but X-Men's established universe, no. Not unless they drastically changed the entire premise, and they've already drastically changed the core characters, so whats stopping them?

This was leaked, and denied by Josh Trank(Miles Teller's involvement was also denied by Josh Trank, so theres that), but judging by the recent casting announcement, and the fact that Fox are taking legal action against the people who published it, it looks like it may hold some truth.
    This is Fantastic Four in name only, and is clearly just a vehicle for Trank to do his spiritual successor to Chronicle. And Fox, they don't care that it has nothing to do with the source material, because they have absolutely no respect for the source material. They are only interested in retaining the rights, which is a huge blunder on their part, as this will most likely flop and make the Fantastic Four brand completely devoid of any profitability in the near future.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-fantastic-four-synopsis-revealed

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Changing it so it ties in with X-Men could work for Fox though.

Given there is apparently an X-Force movie happening, we could see a version of the Ultimate X-Men where Xavier goes into the future with Cable. Then they & the X-Men, Fantastic Four & Phoenix all team up to fight Apocalypse. This would tie in to the DOFP sequel in 2016 and beyond, the main issue being having to accept a Fantastic Four in name only. I agree that would be annoying, but that doesn't mean it can't be good.

10. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Fox are having a hard enough time making an X-Men movie thats not about Wolverine, so the chances of them being able to juggle 3 franchises is almost non existent. I wish it didn't have to come to this, but the sooner this flops the better. At least Marvel will be able to salvage some villains when the rights revert, but the Fantastic Four are done for.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    OK, that's it...I'm going to throw up now. :(

12. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    His intelligence is a result of his transformation now? What has intelligence got to do with stretching? Then again, what has force fields and telekinesis have to do with invisibility, or BEING ON FIRE WITH FLYING? :p

Jedi Merkurian , Six and Darthmaul208 like this.
  13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think some, but not all, FF authors have had Reed be able to expand his already considerable intellect by rearranging and shortening his neural connections, so there's a precedent. But still, that synopsis is just... ugh. I'm hoping that denial is sincere.

14. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    No one can write a movie that dumb. There's no way. Right? Right?!

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    damn I wanted to see that! fix it @dp4m

17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yes need to see the pic.

The actress from House of Cards is the good one there but even then she was mostly tolerable only by Kevin Spacey.

It's like Fox is taking Fantastic 4#1 and laying it down on your front yard, dropping trou, and defecating on it.

18. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Wow, I seem to be one of a very few people actually happy about the casting. Especially Bell and Mara.

19. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Well, hot air does rise, and I think the implication with the first Tim Story film was that Johnny could fly because the intense heat from his body carried him.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Yeah, and he can move horizontally in the air because hot air rises? Nice try, Newton. The dude is a flame incarnate who zooms around like a rocket! Let's not get technical with how their powers work. :p I really don't care, it will make both of us look stupid, and I don't think the general moviegoing audience cares either. The intellect being reworked as part of his transformation disappointed me somewhat, though, because I feel it diminishes a defining aspect of Reed's character. On the other hand, if his characterisation is done well on its own, it won't matter to me.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You're Aussie and therefore no soul, so this makes sense...

22. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    All I will say is the following: when everyone was scratching their heads and wondering what the Fox executives were smoking for casting a 6'2" Aussie as Wolverine, I was jumping for joy as we were going to be getting an actual character rather than just a growling bezerker. When Ledger was revealed as the Joker, among the shrieks of rage on the internet I called it that Ledger would give us one of the best portrayals of him on screen and that Nolan had made a brilliant decision.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I'm not worried about Aussie actors, I'm worried about you. :p

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That the most hilarious plot summary I have ever read.

Reed Richards: hurr durr hya ben wanna go play in the radioactive waste ahm so stooped.
    Ben Grimm: No we mustn't do that Reed!
    RR: hurr hurr ah lak kate beckinsale lols less go swumming
    (They do)
    RR: I say old chap, that was a silly thing we did, but good heavens, I have a sudden urge to apply for 347 Mensa groups. How is it that my intellect has increased by 248%? This makes absolutely no bloody sense. Oh goodness Ben, you look positively horrid.
    BG: I ****ing hate you.

Six and Jedi Merkurian like this.