main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official FF Europe meeting 2006 in Berlin, Germany, from 16. - 20.08.2006, planning thread

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    So Wednesday is a day for everyone to arrive and stuff? Maybe meet in the evening for a beer or something?

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think David will be glad to know that he wont have to trust me to find the way at least.

Ohhh, and I'm always up for beer. :D

3. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Ok, we put together a rough schedule of things, which isn't really fixed.

Let me explain you some things you might wonder about perhaps: We wanted to do Potsdam on Firday first but we realized, that Neues Palais isn't open on Friday, so we put Potsdam on Saturday.

The Thursday is some kind of seeing all the things Berlin is famous of.

Then we have the Pergamon museum on Friday, which isn't fixed yet, we have to decide if we want to do it on Friday or on Thursday evening at 8 pm. The good thing would be free entrance (without audio guide then). But this would replace evening program like going to a pub then for this day. Those, who don't want to got to the Pergamon museum could even do something else like going to a pub. You have to decide, if you want to pay 10 or 5 Euros (for students) and go on Friday or if you want to spare the money and go on Thursday. I phoned the museum and they said, it's not that crowded anymore if we go on Thursday at 8 pm till 10 pm. Free entrance starts at 6 pm and most people go there right at the start. It's your choice. Please tell me now, then we can change the program that way.

Other thing is, if we put Pergamon museum to Thursday evening, we have some free time on Friday left. IDeas for that time are going to the Zoo, visiting the Museum of Technology, going to Schloss Charlottenburg (just visiting it outisde, not inside) or Hoyerswerdersche Kirche, which is a church with nice statues and things. Please tell me, what you would like to do from this.

A last thing: If someone isn't included in the program with arrival and departure times, I don't know, when you arrive and leave, so please tell me, when you're going to be there. Thanks! :)

4. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Now a slightly different schedule suggestion:

SUPERMAN RETURNS starts next week in Germany. And I have to see it :p
    If enyone else is interested I could take care of a cineam with original (means english) version and tickets for a preview screening. This would be on Twednesday, arrival day for most of us.
    Let me know what you think :)

5. Urkanoid

Urkanoid Jedi Knight star 4

May 6, 2005
    Hmm, what a fine idea... I'm in! Provided that I get there on time...:p[face_whistling] I'm in Rome now, it's pretty cool down here...

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Wow, that's a good schedule!

7. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Okay I bought tickets today, and it's time to post information, when I'll arrive to berlin and when I'm going to leave you there :p
    I'll be at Berling-Lichtenberg station at 18:29 on Wednesday.
    I'll leavu you on Sanday, 14:36.
    :)

urkanoid, which one idea? beer or cinema? :p

8. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    yah, well, pregamon will be on friday for me, potsdam on saturday sounds great. :)

the evenings, peepul, the evenings!:eek: what to do on friday night?

no cinema for me. noho!

9. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    Both, obviously...[face_devil]

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Great schedule, really wish I could make it but have fun :D

And see Superman Returns you will. I loved it and it'll make all the blokes want to wear their underpants outside of thier trousers....you mark my words ;)

11. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

That's a priceless remark! We'll see about that though...:p

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Schedule looks good to me. I am fine either way on the Pergamon Museum. (But that's also cuz unless there is a student age limit, I pay 5?...) Thomas would probably like it on Thursday evening though... :)

EDIT: Also a few areas of concern... there is 30 minutes allotted to "Potsdamer Platz, Sony Center, Theater am Potsdamer Platz". That seems like not enough. Isn't that a decently big sized area to check out? I know it sounds silly, but I would rather have 30 minutes or an hour less picnic time and have enough time to explore Potsdamer Platz. Also, would it not be smarter to check out the Reichstag right away in the morning at 9am? It might help us get in there with less of a wait before all the people get there to check out the dome. Maybe just flip the Reichstag visit with the "Friedrichsstraße, Unter den Linden and Brandenburg Gate."

13. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    Friedrichstr., Unter den Linden and Brandenburg Gate is just the way from the hostel to the Reichstag, so we would have to go there anyway and we decided to spare the transportation tickets this day...

Yes, it's a little bit tight there. I will change that.

EDIT: Ok, I put half an our more in for that at took it from the picknick. If we find out, the picknick was to short, we can still have it longer and go back to the hostel later...

So, what do the others think about the Pergamon museum? Thursday evening or Friday? Martina, would you mind, if we had it on Thursday?

EDIT2: I said something about Hoyerswerdersche Kirche for Friday, it's Friedrichwerdersche Kirche and it's on our way between Alexanderplatz and Gendarmenmarkt.

14. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    I don't think that we have to follow the schedule minute by minute.
    If anything takes longer it takes longer. That's all I have to say :p

I guess we will have to cnacel Superman on wednesday :(
    The only cinema that shows Superman in englisch is the CineStar at the Sony Center alreday at 8 in the afternoon.
    Because the swedish are arriving at 7 that won't work out... too sad.

15. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Precisely. "It's more like guidelines" ;)

Even wandering around aimlessly can be interesting sometimes. Right, Flo, Sabine, Nils? [face_frustrated] ;)

16. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Paris? *g* In some way. ;)

I think it is a good idea to be flexible with the times. Then we can enjoy everything as long as we like and haven't to stress ourselves. ;) :)

17. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    No Superman? :eek: I'm not coming.[face_not_talking]

18. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    you can still gather a couple of people. it's still playing. they didn't just intend to screen it for our bunch. :p

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I wanna see it but Thomas would refuse to see it in English and I would refuse to see it in German. We're such lovely roommates... [face_batting]

20. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    So sorry!!!
    And I could only find one cinema showing Superman in english and only on wednesday... pretty strange...

21. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    oh so *cough* i was wrong. tzorry[face_blush]

22. ChimealHeltei

Feb 13, 2001
    Ok, I put a new program online.

We have again sight-seeing on Thursday, but now in the evening Pergamon museum and the alternative going to a pub perhaps.

Friday is some more sight-seeing and I moved Kudamm from Saturday here, since it was to much going to Potsdam and then going to Kudamm.

Saturday is now just Potsdam and going to the Pizzeria in the evening.

I agree that the program is just a guideline and we can sure have some more or less time here and there, but let's try to not to much stretch things so something will not fit anymore, which is perhaps important and you wan to see. Let's just see how it works... Therefore I marked the program points with colors, we have most thing which are flexible, some fixed things and the arrivals/departures (which are also fixed). Hope that helps... :)

23. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm actually slightly disappointed the schedule wasn't planned to the nearest second....you've let your reputation slip :p ;)

Shame you can't see Superman :( But gives you the chance to watch Superman I&II which is very important for this one :-B

Have fun guys & girls, I'll be thinking of you all next week :D

24. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Still our arrival date needs to be fixed in the shedule :p from 14:29 to 18:29 ;)

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It probably would be if I had been in charge of it... :D

You should see the calendar for my parents' visit at the end of September. Its got colors and everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.