main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON *Official* Harry Potter Thread (warning thread may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by AmberStarbright, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Oooo... school boy outfit!... I'll be like a Rock singer!...

2. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    Sorry there Grey, they wear pants at Hogwarts not shorts!!!!

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I have some more pics from GOF here

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/GOF.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/trio.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/ronandhermione.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/Krum-and-Hermione2.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/Krum-and-Hermione.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/harry-and-hermione.jpg]

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    sweet :D i've decided to abandon book 1 and skip to goblet :p only 35 days left aaaahhhhhh

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol I am still trying to get Mike to read them but he doesn't do reading :p

I bought him the audio book for the philosopher's stone but don't think he listened to it :(

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    but they're so good, i'd love it on disc to listen to in the car, that would have been good on the road trip

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I know, Mike just doesn't have the patience to read which is the problem :p

I will force him to listen to the audio books, I haven't listened to them but they should be good because it is the English version and not the American one with half the words altered :p

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
  9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    stupid american version, i have both versions of the first book, i was reading it because i left my other one at my parents and they changed the spelling of mum to mom, honestly children aren't stupid. its annoying

10. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Mike, you have 5 days to listen to it, otherwise I will be forcing you to liten to it :p

lol the first book has ALOT of changes, it is like the movie Ron says "mail is here" we don't say mail we say post, it was obviously changed for the US which is annoying because the book and characters are English so would say English phrases.

11. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Hey didn't you know we all have to conform to the Americans so they don't realise that everyone else in the world is capable of independant thought.
    Have you ever watched their news? it's about nothing.

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Have you ever watched their news? it's about nothing.

I would make a comment but Mike would have to edit me for flaming so will have to wait until I get over there.
    The non flame answer is no, I only watch British new reports on tv or if over there Canadian ones.

13. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    The whole cover of the book has been released

http://www.bloomsbury.com/media/hbp_large.jpg

What do you guys think of it?

14. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
  15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    interesting, whats wrapped around their hands? lightning :p interesting to see the boat and basin on the back, that basin type thing appears to be on the cover of the american version

16. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    oh check out the big brain on Liann!

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Yes but the UK version is far prettier [face_love] ;)

And I actually think it is a pensive

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    that would make sense, but what are they looking at in it is what i want to know :p

19. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    guess you will have to read the book to find out.... :p

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    jsut reading Goblet right now and notice that Luna must live near ron cause when they meet up at the port key to go to the world cup mr weasley asks cedrics dad if anyone else in the area was going and cedrics dad says the lovegoods have already been there for a week. wonder if they'll all be hanging out together in the summer at rons.

21. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    totally missed that refrence, would be interesting, wouln't if loony was more invovled as they did kinda drag her through the wringer in OOTP.

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    only 25 days left :D still slowly working my way though GofF, just not enough time in the day to get everything done :p

23. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Amber and i were discussing the possibility that half blood may have nothing to do with partial magician's blood, it could be half blood in relation to someone, like Harry or Voldemort, as a half brother or sister would be.

the hands clasped on the back of the book w the lightening around it could be some kind of magical recognition....

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    have you seen the pic of mad eye moody? not quite how i imagined him, in my head he's hunched over and more grizzled, isn't he supposed to be missing part of his nose? oh well. only 21 days left and i still haven't pre-ordered my book, have to do that this weekend, haven't even gotten very far in goblet, just as far as the dark mark :( just no time for anything anymore

25. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Oh that isn't how I imagined him either, hopefully will look better in the movie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.