main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON *Official* Harry Potter Thread (warning thread may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by AmberStarbright, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i know it seemed pretty clear in the book. you'd think a floating head would be easier to do than a face in coals, stupid idea :p

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Actually yes it would, the face you would just need to make more of smoke texture which even though adds rendering time wouldn't add as much as fire. Fire you need to get right also you need to get the coal in, the texture of the coal and the face WITH the coal texture also.

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I still need to see the new preview then. Is it online somewhere?

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    International trailer 2
    http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_harry_potter_goblet_clip

UK GMTV Trailer (has a couple of extra shots)
    http://www.hpana.com/news.18812.html

5. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    ooo, I'll have to watch those... but not right now. I"m so tireed that I can barely type.

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    looks so good can't wait, moody's eye is creepy :p

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol Moody isn't how I expected him to look :(

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    he's better than i thought from the first pic, i thought he'd look more grizzled and his eye doesn't look right, i didn't think it would have a patch but i suppose it would be hard to do other wise, its not like they can jusst stick a giant fake eye in his head :p isn't he supposed to be missing most of his nose

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Here is a description of him:

Hair: grizzled dark gray hair.
    Eyes: one normal, one magical: vivid blue, moves independently, can see invisible things and through solid objects, including the back of his head.
    Voice: growl.
    Distinguishing features: scarred from many battles with Dark Wizards.
    Field: Auror (retired), temporary DADA teacher 1994-1995.

The best Auror the Ministry ever had. Friend of Dumbledore and the Weasleys. A bit paranoid these days, but not without reason.

"A dull clunk echoed through the Hall on his every other step. (His face) looked as though it had been carved out of weathered wood by someone who had only the vaguest idea of what human faces are supposed to look like, and was none too skilled with a chisel. Every inch of skin seemed to be scarred. The mouth looked like a diagonal gash, and a large chunk of the nose was missing. But it was the man?s eyes that made him frightening. One of them was small, dark, and beady. The other was large, round as a coin, and a vivid, electric blue. The blue eye was moving ceaselessly, without blinking, and was rolling up, down, and from side to side, quite independently of the normal eye--and then it rolled right over, pointing into the back of the man?s head, so that all they could see was whiteness." (GF12)

10. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Good thing I don't read the books and ruin great movies!... ;-)

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thats the hard part, getting over the differences between the book and the movie so that you can enjoy the movie, usually takes a couple viewings for me :p try not to read the book to close to the movie so its not as fresh in my mind for annoyance factor :)

12. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    wow.. this movie looks awesome. I can't wait

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Not reading the book too close to the movie doesn't do me any good. Even if it's been over a year, I still rememeber how it's different from the book.

Take the book A Wrinkle in Time for example. I hadn't read the book in at least 7 years, but I saw the movie a few months ago. I was very disappointed by what was changed or left out, but it was cool that it had been modernized a bit (instead of reading a Science magazine, they were reading stuff on the internet) and there were a lot of pop culture references, like the Matrix.

On a side note, anyone interested in going to see Goblet of Fire in costume?

14. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Only if I had a Slitherin outfit...

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'd probably dress up as McGonnagal or Trelawney, or my favourite costume, "the girl in a pink robe outside a shop in Diagon Alley"

16. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    OMG... that would win as the most Obscure costume!!

17. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Haven't I proven that I like the obscure costumes? How many other people do you know that dress up as Jocosta Nu?

18. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I did! : P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.