main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Alan Tudyk (K-2SO) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darkslayer, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Eons I slept

Eons I slept Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2015
    How tall is IG-88?

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Confirmed! Tudyk is playing a massive space ostrich.

3. Breogan

Breogan Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    LOL! Wasn't that already the joke?

Anyway...
    [​IMG]
    Another Lasat (maybe closer to McQuarrie's but with Zeb's leg configuration) might be cool, on this somewhat grim looking team.

I imagine it'll be a new alien though, one that can better exploit Tudyk's over the top expressiveness.

Not sure what needs to be there for mo-cap, and it's hard to tell, but there doesn't seem to be a lot (if any) markers on his face. Or the oft included skullcap or head band with markers.
    Significant or not, as to what might be added later?
    [​IMG]

Django Fett likes this.
  4. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Yes! I was just confirming the fact that Tudyk is definitely playing a massive space ostrich. So we can close down speculation now.

Django Fett and Breogan like this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They may look to do the facial motion capture later, with him on set being both a set point for the other actors to play off and also for the CGI crew. Certainly I know i'd much prefer to have to react to an actor who's on stilts rather than having a fake head stuck on top a la Jar Jar, his facial reactions are going to be far easier for the actors to work off than a latex alien head.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm excited for this. I'd love to see Bothans. Often talked about, but never seen. I suppose it's possible that's what it could be. I will hold out hope until directly debunked I guess. Although I'd enjoy seeing a Lasat as well. I'd actually be okay with it being Zeb actually. Some nice continuity. New continuity.

Breogan likes this.
  7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  8. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    :)
    Well if they are the leads, he's definitely getting some front and center moments.

starocean90 likes this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Alien sidekick confirmed.:)

Breogan likes this.
  10. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    He's likely to Felicity Jones as Chewie was to Han.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    I think he will be an all new species, but you are right, until it's officially debunked anything is possible.
    I would be fine with Tudyk portraying an as yet seen Bothan.
    Even though they weren't canonically mentioned until ROTJ, there's no reason the Rebellion couldn't have worked with one before, especially on a somewhat "successful" covert mission.
    In fact it makes more sense if they were already familiar, with at least one of the species, So by the time ROTJ rolls around, they know who to seek out for the exact same type of mission.
    As far as I know Bothans have never been portrayed in canon? Is that right? Did they ever have a figure made? Except for that Joe Camel looking version, what is that from?
    It would be great opportunity to officially redesign them and bring them into canon, and to have Tudyk be the one to finally bring the famous but never seen "spies" to life.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  12. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I doubt Tudyk would be playing something as huge and beastly as a Herglic, but I really hope we eventually get an alien sidekick of that species (the big one below):

[​IMG]

starocean90 likes this.
  13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Well, there have been Herglics all over the place in new canon (several novels and Insider short stories), so it's a possibility. Would definitely be a cool species to see on film.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  14. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Really? Which canon novels feature Herglics?

15. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    let me wookiepedia that for you :)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Herglic/Canon

16. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Interesting! I read Aftermath, and simply don't remember that mention...

Hope it's a sign of aliens to come!

17. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

Probably only mentioned in passing. To be honest when I've been reading these new novels I've kind of ignored species otherwise I'd have to keep breaking off reading them to google what they look like!

I wonder if the new writers get given a document with all species that either are already new canon or that the story group don't mind being included.

If I were writing one I'd definitely slip in a lepi or a hoojib just for fun

Breogan and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  18. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    And a millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror...

Also there's a thought, what if Tudyk is infact Jaxxon[face_hypnotized]
    As a huge nod to Marvel(now Disney)'s first expanded universe creation. LOL!/jk

Sarge likes this.
  19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Sorry. Didn't see the followup question. In addition to what Wookiepedia lists, I think they were also mentioned in Heir to the Jedi.

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  21. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I think it would be cool if he played a Bothan or a Lasat. An original alien would also be cool. I think if any Rogue One character is going to appear in Rebels, then it will probably be his character.

22. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks for the link!
    He seems to affirm the tremendous commitment to practical fx, all real creatures and sets , as much as the Abrams production, also nice to hear there are in fact plenty of ships and aliens, as some seem to have gone into instant panic mode[face_nail_biting] when they saw none in the first and only released cast pic.[face_laugh]
    With the confirming of creatures (other then himself) I wonder what if any new planets we get? Space ports? And aliens among the Rebels? This will be the legit Star Wars U.
    It is curious he talks about all the creatures being on set, yet we know he'll be CG.

23. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    So does that mean they're going to build a life-size Death Star and have it in orbit? :p

B99 likes this.
  25. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Well, we know there's a new planet as we've seen it in the set photos. Seems to have water, sand and some palmy trees!

Never doubted it, but great news.