main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ScorpionJedi, May 5, 2016.

1. DarthBellikose

DarthBellikose Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    So potentially Disney could expand the adventures of 'Han Solo' before the start of the OT with a trilogy of his own. Interesting and potentially allows them to bring in other characters like Jabba, Dengar, Boba Fett etc.. as part of the trilogy

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I think the 3-picture deal is standard, not an indication that a trilogy is planned.

I do think we will see Alden as Han again, because I think what'll happen is that Glover as Lando will be the breakout star of SOLO, and given the amazing turnout for Black Panter, Lucasfilm will tap Glover and a POC-majority cast will populate a Lando spin-off movie, and that will be fast-tracked for the May 2020 slot.

This is why Obi-Wan hasn't been announced yet. They are thinking maybe a Lando movie should come out before Obi-Wan as a sort-of-sequel to Solo...

LANDO will likely feature Han and Chewie in a small role (maybe just in the climactic battle or whatever), but pick up where Solo leaves off and focus on what happens next for the "ole smoothie."

Obi-Wan will likely then come out in 2021.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    IlhamKamaruddin and Bossk_Baby like this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Will never happen because that would be seen to be pandering to a specific demographic and the backlash would be horrendous for Disney and LFL.

The Black Panther and Lando Calrissian are totally different types of hero in totally different universes. An isolated community in Africa does not translate to a multi-species GFFA.

4. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Keep in mind that Felicity Jones signed on for three movies as well. They do that to make sure they can keep the actor booked just in case they need them. However, I hope it does well enough to have a couple of sequels. I'd love to see more adventures of Han and Chewie.

5. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Agreed, I think the reason they haven’t pushed the button on Kenobi or Fett yet is because they want to gauge the reaction for Solo and potentially fast track a sequel or Lando-centric film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke'sSeveredHand and Rodie like this.
  6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    And I'd be 100% on board with that! I'm a big Glover fan. As much as I love McGregor and the idea of a Kenobi movie, I can wait another year longer for it, if it means we get a young Lando movie.

Get Jordan Peele to direct!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    For me, it’s not really about Solo, Lando, etc. It’s about underworld stories. Such a rich world to tell stories in. I’ll take as many as they can churn out.

Blobofat likes this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If they're (by that I mean KK) are still limiting these films to being set before the end of ROTJ then why not have a quasi-sequel to Solo, the problem would be if they conclude this film with the big Han and Lando falling out. I'm certain that the reaction to different actors portraying these characters after the film is released will play a huge part on whether they continue to have central characters recast for new films, if not they'll just invent new characters and place them within the pre-ST timeframe.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  10. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Without having seen Solo and going only by trailers and what we already know....the barebones of a sequel narrative practically writes itself:

More Han and Chewie, a MacGuffin wrapped inside an important and lucrative smuggling mission, a new villain, a new scoundrel and a new droid, Jabba and bounty hunters, Imperial entaglements, another new love interest, maybe Maz Kanata...the possibilities are endless. And all fun.

For Star Wars, a Han Solo movie series could kinda be like Indiana Jones in space. So much fun...easy and basic and a winner every time.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thank you, Sam. Couldn't agree more.

12. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m liking what I’m seeing more and more. That recent feature really won me over and has me more excited.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    The more I see of him, the more I like him -- both as a Young Han Solo and as a star in his own right. I actually remember Alden's debut in Tetro when I was plugged into the indie/foreign festival scene, and I was surprised not to see him blow up quicker.

After reading that extended profile in Esquire, I'm also glad to have someone so thoughtful and level-headed in the SW universe. Seems like Lucasfilm is casting based on personal character as well as talent, which, needless to say, isn't always the case in Hollywood.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    In retrospect, I wish I’d posted “Heath Ledger” after every reddit post slamming Kathleen Kennedy for this casting decision, and ridiculing Alden. There’s so much nastiness out there, and nearly all of it unwarranted and premature. Now, you look at the reddit threads and see almost universal support for his interpretation of Han. And yet, not one apology for being massive dicks towards this guy...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Sporting that Solo STFU smile.

[​IMG]

16. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
  17. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Never put together he was in Tetro. Great underrated film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like this kid.

Jedi Daniel and Siphonophore like this.
  19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    He did fine. He can be my (young) Han for awhile.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Unless Lando comes from a planet, or system or sector, that’s heavily populated by black humans. Seems perfectly plausible to me. After all, the “multi-species” OT seemed to be mostly populated by white British and American humans. In that context, I see no issue whatsoever with a majority black actor film focused on Lando’s earlier life.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  21. jajje

jajje Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2013
    Puts in a great performance all through the movie - that acting coach really knew his stuff. It's not as magnificent as Harrison Ford in 1977, but then that's one of the most memorable characters ever introduced in movie history... Bold move by Lucasfilm to try and pull this off and for a new generation Alden might actually qualify as the younger Han Solo.

He's got the mannerism - perhaps the weakest parts were the interactions with Q'ira mid-movie. And that could also be a result of the change in the director's chair.

22. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Not very noticable but Han is actually wearing his vest during this part.
    [​IMG]

23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Perfect casting. My guess is that Alden’s three film contract will comprise of Solo, an extended cameo type appearance in Fett and then a full feature Solo 2.

Padme501st, Bor Mullet and Bossk_Baby like this.
  24. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Wow I was really surprised. He did a great job and am very satisfied. At times he even looked like a young Harrison. The only thing that didn't click with me was his voice, but that's just my OCD.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I thought Alden did fantastic. I'd love to see more young Han. He nailed it for me, I was totally onboard after the shaky first ten minutes or so.

wobbits likes this.