main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Diego Luna (Captain Cassian Andor) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, May 13, 2015.

1. Breogan

Breogan Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I am not seeing Biggs, also no way Luna is burying that accent. Theyed have to dub him, and he dosn't look enough like Biggs to bother.
    He's probably and Hopefully his own new character.
    Also if Biggs was part of the group (and potentially sole survivor) that secured the Death Star plans, when the briefing goes down on Yavin, and they mention how they got them, and freakin nobody gives him a nod or acknowledgment, they all now would look like a bunch of *******

Why is everyone assuming these guys are the X-wing pilots anyway?
    This crew might not use X-Wings at all for this mission.
    Allot of people I think are just hearing the word Rogue and just assuming it = X-wing Rogue Squadron.
    This was specifically a secret mission, not a full frontal X-wing attack. Maybe X-Wings will provide cover, and they may have them (for initial drop and/or escape) , but more likely they'll inevitably commandeer Imperial ship(s), to infiltrate the Death Star to get the plans.
    The first image released certainly reads more covert-operation.

Maybe they should have called this film "REBEL SPIES" as per the classic a New Hope crawl.
    Which is how they were referred to:

"...During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon..."

Just because of the word rogue, allot of people are jumping to conclusions.

2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

Actor.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    The Biggs theory is fun and you guys almost had be believing that it might be possible. And you know what? I actually wouldn't mind it one bit if it turned out to be true.

But I think I'd be very surprised. I've got to think that he's almost certainly playing an OC.

Anyway, I stopped in to this thread just to say that I think Diego is by far the coolest looking Rebel in that terrific new cast photo. Whoever he ends up playing, I can't wait to see him in action in Rogue One.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    For all we know, all the Yavin fighter pilots could be in this movie, because as the crawl says:
    "...have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR..."

So there has to be a major(space) battle which is enough of a diversion that the Rebel Spies can infiltrate the Imperial base/ship/sation and steal the plans from under their noses...

5. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    I love how this is thrown out like it's a magic word.

Yeah Luna is a great actor, I've seen him play many accents, all kinds of regional Mexican accents, Mexican American, and Latin American from Panamanian to Cuban etc. And these are all subtle regional differences that a good Spanish speaking actor would pick up on. Switching to no accent in an entirely different language is another story.
    That's not even the issue, although slightly jarring at first, It'd actually be fine if he "Biggs" suddenly had an accent. It doesn't matter.

What maters is freakin character, story and plot.

And as I've already pointed out - when General Dodanna praises how Lei brought them the plans, and doesn't mention the one form the actual mission who ACTUALLY GOT! THE PLANS! whose team probably died getting them, whose sole survivor (you are now suggesting) is right there, is not even acknowledged?
    They would all look like a complete bunch of ******* and morons!

Not to mention for this silly fan service, you'd be pretty much throwing out the whole freakin set-up and plot of A New Hope, when you establish Lei's desperate plight to deliver the plans she received, to the Rebels, becomes absolutely meaningless, If now you are saying the guy who ALREADY GOT and HAD THE PLANS to begin with, is already standing right there with the Rebels. LOL!

6. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    You guys have to think like writers. Act 1, Act 2, Act 3. For example, look at Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The Ark was found at the end of Act 2. In a New Hope, the Death Star Escape is the end of Act 2.

What suspense is there if the end of the movie is the plans being delivered, or transmitted, to Princess Leia. BORING!

I believe the plans will be recovered by the end of Act 2, and while under heavy attack during their escape, they transmit the plans to the Blockade Runner, Tantive IV, who coincidently, runs a blockade and is pursued. Vader goes over the Tantive IV, and he assigns Bounty Hunters to go after the spies. This is the beginning of 'A New Hope'. While this is happening, Act 3 of 'Rogue One', is the rebel spies (including Biggs) fighting to escape. If the rumor is true, Act 3 could be the pursuit and battle with Bounty Hunters. (possibly a few disintegrations?) Remember Princess Leia and the droids are significantly delayed in their Rendezvous with General Dondonna and rebels on Yavin. I think 'Rogue One' ends with Biggs arriving on Yavin, congratulated on a job well done, only to be shocked that the Tantive IV was captured, and that Princess Leia has yet to arrive with the plans.

Biggs then takes a shower, get's cleaned up, and prepares for the final assualt on the Death Star (If you can't tell, I love the idea of Biggs being in this film!)

7. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    Who said it had to end with the transmission of the plans?
    Certainly not me. That was completely your invention. Why are you quoting me on that.
    They could certainly be chased beyond that, into another ordeal.
    Fact is, we don't know their fate.

If what you suggest is knowing the fate of these characters might be boring, then as soon as you are told it's Biggs, you know he survives. So according to you ....boring.
    And really he could have delivered the plans himself? While Leia is, captured, being tortured, has her entire planet blown up, and he's chilling, showering and shaving.

8. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011

It is a Disney movie. Someone has to survive. I apologize if you felt I was inferring that you had suggested it end with the plans being delivered, it was meant to be a general statement. Although, I am curious, are you against Biggs being in this? I think it's a fun theory to chase down the Rabbit hole.

9. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    LOL! I think it's a terrible idea.

The idea that he had the Plans transmitted them, made it, easy breezy back, has time to shower, etc, while Leia is captured, tortured, has her entire planet destroyed, etc... And when she gets there, he's just there chilling! LOL!

It diminishes the set-up and plot of ANH, and Leia's desperate ordeal to get the plans to the Rebels. if he's already back long before her.

It implies; had he kept the plans, they could have been preparing their Death Star attack long before, and by Lei getting them her actions and arrival were not only delaying them, but all for nothing. (if he had just kept the plans) It's freakin stupid.

jedi_jra likes this.
  10. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011
    An observation. Biggs is nowhere to be found during the briefing of the Death Star attack. Would be very cool if the last scene of Rogue One, was Biggs in another room at this exact time. Maybe getting medical treatment for an injury sustained during the escape, and he suits up in the orange jump suit to join the rest of Red Squadron. Maybe he was advised that he shouldn't be apart of the assault due to his injuries, and this may explain why he struggled (Luke had to save him once, and Wedge had to save Luke; "Blast it Biggs, where are you?"), and then he was ultimately killed in the attack.

The possibilities are endless if Luna is Biggs. I'm going to continue hoping he is.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  11. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011
    And that is where the story telling skills come in. Perhaps things looked bad, really bad. Ships are damaged, and a few of the team have already died. All of a sudden Princess Leia and a Blockade Runner show up. A blockade runner is a pretty powerful and effective ship. The spy team believed they were toast and did what they had do to do. Transferring the plans to the Blockade runner. Suddenly Star Destroyers appear, and pursue. A few of the Spies, Maybe Biggs and Felicity Jones are able to escape, everyone else perishes, and they are then pursued by bounty hunters.

There was no way they thought they would survive, so they saved the plans.

You know Breogan, I'm starting to believe you work for Lucasfilm, and I figured this thing out. Now you are trying to throw everyone off the actual plot. LOL All in good fun, man.

12. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Okay so last night I watched the cut footage from A New Hope on the blu ray extras with Biggs and Luke. Two thoughts.

1) Given the timeline of events, it would not be illogical if after Biggs and his fellow rebels steal the plans, Biggs winds up going back home with some of his fellow rebels. At the same moment the Tantive IV is being attacked, Luke watches from below, then speeds over to see his friends, where he unexpectedly encounters Biggs. Might they be planning to use this old footage as part of Rogue One? They could easily remove the original Biggs and insert the new actor in his place. This leads me to part 2...

2) In that cut footage, Luke runs into a few friends, Biggs obviously, but also Cammie. Maybe its just a coincidence, but Felicity Jones sure is a dead ringer for Cammie.
    [​IMG]

13. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    Oh so now Felicity Jones is Cammie?
    So what's next Mads Mikkelsen is Jimm Doshun - the Starkiller Kid!
    This is getting Interesting!

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    You know this would be nice if it has any chance of being true...

I think I'll hedge my bets with him being Biggs!:D

More likely is that Biggs splits off from the others to act as a diversion so they can finish transmitting the plans to Leia's ship.
    The bounty hunter's don't fall for the diversion leading to the storm troopers' catching up and eliminating the rebels transmitting the plans, meanwhile Biggs and any other survivors are directed towards Yavin not learning about Leia's capture until they arrive and quite probably only when Leia arrives on the Falcon with Biggs helping out by confirming that their young friend is indeed Luke Skywalker!

Would explain why he was kept separate if they wanted to make sure Leia wasn't tricked into bringing an Imperial Spy into their midst, shame they couldn't have checked the ship out for tracking beacons before finally heading for the secret rebel base... [face_shame_on_you]

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Breogan, watch the language, this is a family friendly message board.
    jedi_jra, please use the edit feature to avoid double posting.

To everyone, disagreements and discussions are great, but keep things civil. Thank you.

16. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

They both have long brown hair but 'dead ringer' is SERIOUSLY stretching it isn't it?

17. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015

LOL! Adding the Biggs cut scenes makes the whole Diego Luna is Darklighter even more outrageous!

The Plans have just been critically transmitted to Leia's ship which is being attacked above, the whole fate of the Rebellion hangs on these plans getting to the Rebels.
    Knowing what's at stake (it's why he joined), he is literally seconds later just hanging out bellow drinking . with Luke and pals. LOL!
    While the battle is going on above.
    His whole mood and demeanor would read off, it's not the nature or immediacy of the scene at all.
    You'd have to reshoot and change it.
    So why bother. At some point it becomes less homoge and just forcing something that doesn't even fit, just for the sake of it.

Also your whole timeline is completely off, he clearly states he hasn't joined the Rebels yet, he hasn't even made contact! He is still trying to find them to join.
    So now you'd have to change all the dialogue, to make that fit too.
    Why?
    It's so far off, in the end you're just inventing a new character and events anyway! LOL!

And as I mentioned, the implication that if he had just kept holding the plans himself, they'd have gotten to the Rebels anyway, and quicker! Completely diminishes the plot of ANH and Leia's; capture, torture, entire planet blown up, etc... struggle, to get the plans there herself.

18. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Why couldn't Biggs, Camie, and whoever else is involved in their mission have stopped home for some critical reason, and when Luke comes racing in to say he sees a battle up above, they go into covert mode, mocking him to throw him off scent of this huge secret mission they are on? Luke has no idea his friends are involved in this, and they just act normal so he doesn't suspect them. And why couldn't they all be drinking and Biggs be in the mood he's in? As far as he knows, the mission succeeded and Leia received the plans. In fact, going home to celebrate seems like another reason why they are there and very much like what a group of friends might do after a successful mission. Then later, Biggs decides to let Luke in on it. The fact that he says he hasn't joined the Rebellion yet doesn't mean he couldn't have participated in the Death Star heist which led him to eventually join up sometime between then and before the Falcon escapes the Death Star.

Do I really think this is what Rogue One will be? No. But I think it could be cool.

And to me, they do look nearly identical.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think you're pushing it a bit far with Cammie, she's just some young woman that hangs out at Tosche Station with her boyfriend. If its Biggs his story could run something like this...

Biggs joins the Imperial Academy, steadily he grows disillusioned by the true nature of the Empire and decides with some other recruits to jump ship at the first opportunity. Biggs is not the alpha dog as seen in the Death Star attack when he follows novice Luke, so its not beyond reason that he follows Felicity Jones' character. Jones finds out about the Death star plans and secretly contacts the Rebel Alliance who tell her to steal them and they'll rendezvous with her whilst sending a squadron of starfighters to raid the Imperial facility as a diversion. Enlisting the help of Biggs and the others we see in the photo, two of whom are their instructors, Donnie Yen, a former Clone Trooper blinded in action, and Jiang Wen, another former Clone Trooper who because of his accelerated aging is reduced to being an instructor.

With the former Clone Troopers inside knowledge enabling the group to steal the plans from under the nose of Tarkin and possibly Motti, they set about to rendezvous with Princess Leia as the Rebel squadron bears down on the Imperial facility. With the mission complete they are sent by Leia to the fourth moon of Yavin while she continues on with her mission to bring Obi-Wan out of retirement.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    Just to play along, but as we see in the extended clip on Tatooine, Biggs is still planing his decision to jump ship and join the Rebellion, after the plans have already been transmitted to Leia above, and her ship is under attack.
    He hasn't done it yet.
    How can he join the team to steel the D.S.plans, after they've already been stolen and delivered to the Princess.

What!? Her mission wasn't to bring Obi-Wan out of retirement. That was a completely improvised and desperate act, securing the plans in R2 and launching them towards him, was an act of desperation because her ship was under attack, not some pre-planed event.

And the notion that she send Bigs and crew back to Yavin, without the plans is freakin hysterical, considering desperately getting the plans to Yavin IS THE MISSION!

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Since when is a deleted scene fact? As for Leia, may be you should re-watch ANH especially the hologram scene at Obi-Wan's!!!

"My mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed"

22. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    I stand corrected, that is what brought her to Tatooine, still once she received the plans seeing them safely to the Rebellions hands was pretty much the priority, Obi-wan became the desperate means to that end.
    The notion that she sends Bigs off to Yavin without them, is still silly considering where they need to end up, back with the Rebels.
    As far as the deleted scene, as I said I was playing along with those who had worked it into the thread earlier.
    Do you agree with it, it contradicts the time line for Diego to be Biggs?

23. Madsci73915

Madsci73915 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2014

Since Dennis Lawson seems to want to have nothing to do with the franchise now, you could even have some sort of intro or flash forward scene where a Commander Luke Skywalker look alike, from the back, anyway gives an address to new members of Rogue Squadron set sometime during the OT. You could even have Mark do the voiceover.

24. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011
    Now to find a Wedge look-a-like, Haha
    [​IMG]

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    You know we only assume one escape pod made it down to the surface because the Imperials thought it malfunctioned?

What if Biggs & co were already on Tatooine to help Princess Leia contact Obi-Wan?

You're assuming Leia's ship was the only one to receive those plans for all we know Biggs & co helped out with the initial raid headed away to draw off pursuit and headed for a rendezvous on Tatooine as extra protection for Leia remember Jabba?

Would be fun if they have Luke rush in revealing an imperial Star destroyer is seizing what could be Leia's ship and we later hear of the Senate being dissolved making that scene even scarier since they have to report what happened and why they didn't contact Obi-Wan themselves?

Could we have a scene with them talking to Chewie revealing he was going to contact Obi-Wan himself?!!

Still a long way to go!