main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Diego Luna (Captain Cassian Andor) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, May 13, 2015.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Leia states that her plan is to deliver the plans and General Obi-Wan Kenobi but not to whom, she is captured so she alters her plan by hiding the DS plans in Artoo and sending him to Obi-Wan whilst telling them they need to go to Alderaan where Bail will know what to do. Alderaan is destroyed and Obi-Wan is killed, so whatever the original plan was it's out of the window now. Anyway back to topic...

Felicity Jones, Luna (Biggs) and co transmit the plans to Leia's ship.

LEIA: We've received the plans, thank you and good luck in reaching the secret base

F. JONES: You're not coming too?

LEIA: I have another assignment to complete first.

F. JONES: Why not let us take the plans?

LEIA: Because the person i'm taking them to will know the best course of action to do with them.

F. JONES: He must be some tactician?

LEIA: A Jedi General no less, may the Force be with you.

Yeah it sounds really silly [face_shame_on_you]

jedi_jra likes this.
  2. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    How about something like this? All over intercom during a space battle...

F. JONES: Biggs! I'm taking heavy fire! Blast it Biggs where are you? (sorry couldn't resist)

D. LUNAS: Calm down, I'm here! We aren't going to last much longer out here. The Rebels should have been here by now.

F. JONES: We have bigger problems! Star Destroyers just dropped out of Hyperspace! Well I guess we gave it our best-

D. LUNAS: Look! A Blockade Runner!

F.JONES: Lot of good that's going to do us, against Star Destroyers?

LEIA: Rouge Team, did you accomplish your mission? I repeat, have you found the plans!

D. LUNAS: Quick, transfer the plans to the Blockade Runner, they may be able to out run those Destoyers!

F. JONES: But what about us?

D. LUNAS: We must complete the mission. I have tricks up my sleeve!

F. JONES: If you say so! Tantive IV. Transmitting the plans now....

LEIA: Well done team, and Good Luck. Reinforcements should be arriving in minutes.

D. LUNAS: We'll be dead in two... But thanks. Destroy that thing will ya?

LEIA: Transmission complete. We are leaving.

F. JONES: Nice, what now Hero?

D. LUNAS: Look! The Star Destroyers are going after them. Follow me, we may just get out of this yet...

Django Fett and Hopeless like this.
  3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Whoever Luna's Character is, he must be in a cold environment with that coat on. The Base on Yavin IV is in a jungle location; so either there are different climate zones on Yavin IV, or this is a new Planet. [face_thinking] I wonder how long it will be until the Hoth rumors start up for this movie? :p

starocean90 likes this.
  4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    But is that Parka blue or really brown?:p

5. Breogan

Breogan Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    You said it.[face_dancing]
    All their commanders, generals, tacticians, pilots, the people who actually need to analyze the plans, are already on Yavin. Having him there would be silly, and diminish the plot of ANH, Leia's desperate mission to get the plans to the Rebels and Pilots.
    Kenobi (at first by way of Bail Organa & Alderaan) became the means to that end, but even he recognizes this , when he says sacrifices himself to allow it and says - you must see the droids delivered [to the
    Rebels].

Or more likely just came from one.
    This might be when they are first assembled at Yavin.
    It seems like they are not pulling from their regular company of rebels, for this mission.

Another reason people need to lay off the - where are my X-wing Rogue Squadron tear works :_|
    Yeah there wil be X-wings, but this isn't about those pilots, if anything some of these "slightly morally murky characters" may have their own unique new ships, which is something to look forward to.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, definitely. He's wearing a parka! :D

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    =D=

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was reading through the Ultimate Star Wars book and there is an entry for Luke and Biggs meeting on Tatooine. In the scene Biggs tells Luke he wants to join the Rebellion at the first opportunity and it talks about this in the book. Since the book is canon that makes it unlikely Luna is playing Biggs.

9. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    The Biggs with Luke on Tatooine scene was discussed, much of it was shot, but never put into the he original film.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But it did make it into the novelization you mention.
    Not sure what decides, if the Alan Dean Foster novelization is cannon or not? But you are correct the scene would definitely conflict Biggs being Diego Luna one of the Rebel Spies who helps deliver the plans. Since the scene places Biggs on Tatooine, still discussing joining the Rebels, he hasn't even made contact with them yet.
    While at the same time, in space above him, the Death Star plans are already being delivered to Leia, and her ship under attack.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012

No not the novelization. I'm talking about the Ultimate visual guide Lucasfilm recently released. It has an entry for the meeting between Luke and Biggs on Tatooine which makes that event canon. The story group wouldn't have let them put that in if Diego Luna was playing Biggs. Here's the book:

[​IMG]

11. Breogan

Apr 20, 2015
    That is interesting, not familiar with the book other than a quick flip through, don't know how it presents the subject.
    With the word "ultimate" you sure they don't chronicle behind the scenes, and expanded universe elements?
    But yeah, either way the Biggs hanging out on Tatooine still talking about hoping to make contact with the Rebels, does not fit with Biggs already having worked for the Rebels and delivered the plans above.

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Well, we saw a real desert in the first TFA teaser and most of us believed it was Tatooine, yet it's Jakku. Most of us thought Kylo Ren would be a Sith, because of his red lightsaber, but he's actually a Knight of Ren. It's likely we have the same situation here: We see a character who looks like Biggs Darklighter and automatically think it's him, but he may be actually a new character.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

13. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    No talks about Kyle Katarn? Disney would be dumb to throw out the popular Jedi Knight series.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It was released after the EU was declared dead so it deals with only what's canon.

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Very much a SW-friendly name. I like it.

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Imagine he'll go by Cass, for short.

Or Willix.

[​IMG]

Duke Vadewalker likes this.
  18. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    [​IMG]

? Cassein Willix

[​IMG]

Running along Canary Wharf tube station with half a commander's uniform on ..

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'm calling it now. Diego Luna is playing Kanan Jarrus from Rebels.

The Rebel Spies will seem to be trapped when Darth Vader suddenly appears; but Kanan will reveal his true name and Title, to allow the others to escape with the plans to the Death Star. Jyn will yell "No!" as the others pull her away from danger, out of the Imperial installation. :D

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It's interesting that he and Jyn seem to be getting multiple scenes playing off of each other. I wonder if they're the two main main heroes in this film?

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Don't you see why this can't be true?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Though I highly doubt Donnie Yen is Kanan, I think it would be valid to interpret Kanan as vaguely Asian. And not too dissimilar to Yen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

I thought that was established a while back?

24. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I C what u did there.

25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Luna is not playing Biggs, but I do think his mustache is a nod to Biggs and the 70s style of hair/looks in general. It's definitely a throwback look he's got going on which fits perfectly. It would have been interesting if they recast Biggs and had him as a small role in Rogue One but I don't think it's going to happen.