main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Two different characters with two different origin stories in two different time periods. Why compare them?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hmmm...I hope he takes the Asajj Ventress attitude (that is, the Asajj Ventress attitude from when she was still a great character) of “**** this, I’m going for a drink” when Qi’Ra reveals her true nature, as opposed to going all soft and having a meltdown.

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Although I don't expect Qi'ra to be as complex as Estella I'm wondering if it may have something to do with his decision to make something of his life (signing up for the Academy) rather than remaining a petty criminal. Qi'ra may be looking for a better life and leaves Corellia, and Han, in search of that. If she has merely gone up in the criminal world though it may well explain Han's haughty attitude to women later in his life.

4. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I always get mad at Pip at the end of Great Expectations when he forgives Estella for everything she's done and takes her back. Dude, you could do so much better!

I saw another comparison to her being a Vesper Lynd character to Han's James Bond which would fit with what's been revealed about her and her being described as a femme fatale.

5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    If she does work for Vos, I’m wondering if she might be the one to kill Beckett. Vos could be seeing in as a rival.

6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd rather she turn out to be an Agent whether Imperial, Corsec or Corporate so they could have her become a nemesis, rival or occasional ally but not someone Han trusts!

7. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Qi'ra and Han having some sort of past would certainly fit with her line in the trailer: "I might be the only person who knows what you really are."

8. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    When she says that line she has just been reunited with him after a five year (at least) time period apart. She grew up with him on the streets of Corellia, she knows exactly who or what he is.

9. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    This interview with Emilia was very enlightening, without being Spoilery. It makes me feel more confident in this movie. :)

10. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Did you get to read the other ones they released last week?

11. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    No I haven't. I plan to buy the EW issue though. :)

wobbits likes this.
  12. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    They are all very good. EW still has a couple on the website.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    Not at all. The Han Solo Adventures Trilogy books, by Brian Daley, are my favorite of the old EU. I absolutely love those books. Any elements from those books, being used for Solo: a Star Wars story, is welcome IMO. ;)

14. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    So, its pronounced Keira, as in Keira Knightley

According to the Star Wars show.

15. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I think that she's going to die.

16. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    If this was planned at all they could have this as the introduction, the second be his efforts in the corporate sector with his search for the treasure of zim in the third.
    So in episode 1 we meet Han and Qi'ra in the second she's become a roving operative and in the third she's involved in the search for Xim's treasure along with Gallandro only to discover its worthless...
    So she's a capable operative whose career is on the rise in the second it seems like her career has stalled but she uses Han to jumpstart it but the third reveals she's what she's always claimed Han was whilst he might not have prospered much but he's made friends and done good with them so walks away with his reputation intact and Qi'ra ultimately doesn't understand what she's lost but the trilogy would make it clear she's served her purpose in showing Han what he isn't.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well... crap... there goes my hope of a Quinoa based marketing tie-in.

18. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Sacrificial death perhaps? Maybe she's the one piloting some ship carrying a huge nuclear or atomic bomb and decided to crash-land with the already-active payload at this mountainous area, to enable Han to escape... :)

(And that's yet another ship to add to my model collection... [face_dancing])
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    because they are both white british brunettes? I'm not surprised to see people comparing them or thinking they are related (the same about Jyn/Rey)

20. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Until JJ stops messing around and resolves that question (if ever!) that remains to be seen!

So the novelisations and comics announced which aren't being delayed to over a month after the movie they relate is released?

Barring Phasma this seems better than TLJ hopefully!

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The sequence appears to be;

Han, Chewie and Beckett get on the Train.
    They attach cables to one of the wagons and Four-arms uses the Flying Crane to hoist the wagon away.
    Somehow... Han ends up piloting the Flying Crane.
    The Space Pirates (x4) use their Super-Speeder-Bikes to attach cables to the wagon, trying to steal it.
    Han releases the wagon which (packed with some explosive material/device) results in the explosion, killing the Space Pirates.

Of course this is just from the Trailer and is probably a lot more complex in the movie.

22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! Qi’ra is Leia!:p

23. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Well this time we should have more to go on unlike tlj!
    I'm thinking she might be former Corsec turned Troubleshooter for hire!

24. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    She is Snoke. Both has blue eyes
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Or a clone of Luke’s hand!

Jedi Jessy likes this.