main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I was more hoping for Tatiana Maslany, since I know her from Orphan Black and she is great there, but I guess Jones will do a good job too. I still have to watch Theory of Everything, though.

2. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    So I wonder if the male lead ends up being Aaron Paul as has been rumoured for a while now.

Immortiss likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Why? I've seen others (pomp-assly) say, "for those who think she's playing young Leia, Carrie Fisher was 20 and Jones is 31...." I don't understand the logic. She could be playing Leia five years after Return of the Jedi. One thing is certain, she invokes that kind of Leia style and beauty. She looks like a classic princess.

starocean90 likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I doubt it only because of this

Immortiss likes this.
  6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Daisy the badass female jedi in TFA.
    Felicity the badass female soldier in RO.
    I love it! :)

7. Apollo12

Apollo12 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2015

Yeah, it's about time! The more the merrier i say!

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, that seals it.[face_whistling]

DaddlerTheDalek and starocean90 like this.
  9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    You would think so, wouldn't you?

It is going to take a lot more than that kind of definitive proof to get through to some people ;)

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    For some reason I am thinking of that new Rebel pilot in the Leia comics, Evaan, when I look at her.

11. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Really? A blonde bombshell and a brunette?

Actually Felicity Jones kind of looks like the LEU's Mirax Terrik. Wait...

12. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Well, I was thinking more of the face (hair would be no problem as she wouldn't be the first actor / actress to dye their hair for a role). But Mirax Terrik...think we are going to see a red-hulled Star Destroyer with the call sign Rogue One?

13. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The Errant Venture? No... I don't think so. I don't even think Mirax is likely, but if they did want to use her they could go with her being the smuggler that gets the Rogues the weapons they need, being rebels and all.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I hope she's the Star Wars version of femShep, personally.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If the rumors of this being a more Halo-esque movie are true, then I actually could see Jones playing a kind of femShep role. Maybe in canon, Rogue Group/Squadron is more of a jack-of-all-trades team as opposed to a strictly X-wing fighter force. More like Wraith Squadron from the books, really. The books described the Rogues as "X-wing pilots who also do commando missions," and the Wraiths as "commandos who also happen to be good X-wing pilots." Whether this is a Special Forces movie or an X-wing movie, I'll be happy with a Rogue Squadron movie! :cool:

Back to Jones, I'd love it if her surname were "Antilles," but even if not I have no doubt that her character, as the lead, will be pretty awesome. She definitely has the right look for a Rebel, IMO.

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

There may not be a male lead - seems like they made the announcement because all the major players are in place. If there was another lead, why not wait?

17. Knightstalker137

May 17, 2003
    So anyway, looks like they were spot on re the casting of Felicity Jones, so I guess we'll see how the rest pans out.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-spinoff-2016-cast-felicity-jones-aaron-paul/

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I don't believe they were the first with rumours - I recall them claiming it was definitely Maslany, and then the news dropped that it was Jones.

I think it was screen rant.

I think if it was Aaron Paul, that they'd have waited to make the announcement.

There may be no need for a male lead in the story. ;)

19. Knightstalker137

May 17, 2003
    Ok, so he might not be a lead, he still might be in it though seeing it comes from the same source of rumours. I don't think he's particularly leading man material anyway, so I'm not bothered either way.

20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Leading man most likely means a romance sub plot (not always,but more often than not)

A fantasy adventure movie with a female lead and no leading man sounds good to me.

Valairy Scot and Seeher like this.
  21. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Aaron Paul in a Star Wars film would be so good. So good.

22. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    It is my great hope that within 20 years, this flood of Star Wars films will have enough strong and memorable female and minority characters, both as heroes and villains, to virtually remove all traces of sexism and racism from the fanbase. Just yesterday I spent several hours online debating with some bigot about how women and minorities are inferior to white men as actors and how Daisy and Boyega were poor substitutes for Luke and Han, respectively speaking.

America needs to take the white man off its sacred pedestal in the name of diversity. It's helped to give too many backwards-thinking people a false sense of superiority.

Valairy Scot and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Did you get anywhere?

24. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Only with myself. :p

How truly blessed we are to have the Internet! In this age of political correctness, the Internet provides people the opportunity to hide behind the anonymity of the computer screen and express their true feelings on a wide variety of topics. It's a great way to get some idea what's REALLY going on in people's hearts and minds and see that, despite all our progress as a nation, we still have a long way to go for women, minorities and LGBT people.

On a similar note, thank the Maker for Xbox Live... ;)

25. FelicityRebel

FelicityRebel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2015
    I can't wait to see Felicity in this universe.:D

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.