main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Grand Moff Tarkin (Guy Henry and Peter Cushing) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    All that matters is that this film goes into the dramatic backstory of how the Dianoga tragically or comically ended up in the trash compactor. Tarkin is fine and all but we need thorough backstories for every character. Ever.

DBPirate, Immortiss, AndyLGR and 5 others like this.
  2. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    well then i hope they do a spinoff of the icecream machine guy on cloud city.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He's a person! And his name is Willrow Hood!

4. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    LOL

the hood part had to be intentional right? was the backup name basken robbinite?

5. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    And, not to forget, we also want to know what happened to the Dianoga after the trash compactor scene. Did it escape the Death Star just in time before it was destroyed? Or was it blown up with it like Tarkin?

6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It tragically died. however it became one with the force and was there with the other ghosts at the celebration on Endor.

Can someone please photo shop its ghost next to everyone else.

7. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    it escaped on the falcon and found a mate on yavin 4.

heck if you look at the stories of jabba's henchmen and band on the sail barge almost all of them got out alive that werent cut down by lukes saber.

8. Alhazred

Alhazred Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    I would get a kick outta a bonus scene where The Emperor calls the grand moff,the director of intel and the Admiral on the carpet and tells them the hunt for the Death Star plans will now be headed up by Grand Admiral Thrawn.

9. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Well, the problem won't be to make a CGI Tarkin look believeable. The problem will be to find someone to mimick his voice.

Bloncket likes this.
  10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    stephen stanton.

[​IMG]

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Not sure if anyone else but me noticed, but if you look closely at the reflection of Vader on the floor (in the last shot of the secret trailer) you can see Willrow Hood's reflection in the background as well. Still running with his ice-cream maker.

Personally, I think this strengthens the possibility that his force ghost will return to guide Rey.

12. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

Willrow Hood was the unsung hero of the New Republic. I'm surprised he didn't become the next chancellor.

Long live Willrow! ^:)^

[face_laugh]

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, while I loved Vader's samurai aesthetics, for me, Tarkin is the true awesome bad guy in the first Star Wars. If they can pull it off with class, okay, no complaints from me.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Having just seen a production render of Tarkin I can say he looks like Peter Cushing's twin brother, he looks like him but there's just something not quite right. Though it will be worked on for at least a few more months...

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    from where?

16. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    I'd also like to know that.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Its difficult to capture likeness of people using CGI, they can get it close but theres something off that the eye can pick up. Then it raises the argument of maybe using someone who just looks like him.

On a similar note I'd love to know how they de-aged Michael Douglas for Ant Man, that looked fantastic.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Somebody claiming to have done work for LFL, I guess it's going to surface shortly...

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I figure a safe path is to accept you can't completely mimic Peter Cushing, and just not try.

Give the role to someone like Charles Dance, who has a similar demeanour, and a roughly similar look. The audience can handle "It's a different guy playing an old character". It happens all the time.

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Account for yourself! :cool:

21. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Amen.

22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Or use Charles Dance (who has Imperial Officer written all over him - Great call!!!) as a new character "representing" Tarkin!

23. outerrimjaba

outerrimjaba Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2015
    I think the effort given to creating a Peter Cushing CGI Tarkin is a fandom nod to an actor who pretty much took what could've been an inmemorable snarky villain to a charismatic leader just by screen presence...the ANH scenes of the command staff and Vader orbiting around Tarkin was (I think) more of attribute of Cushing.

No doubt Charles Dance delivered with Lord Tywin, but the role was a legendary character. Charles would be the only actor I know who could harness an ego that would subdue Vader and could casually and arrogantly deliver lines, "There you see, Lord Vader, she can be reasonable. Continue with the operation. You may fire when ready."

Charles could crush it, but the original aristocratic swagger belongs to Sir Peter Cushing.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If they can do it, I'll love it. But if they can't and it looks weird, then no shame in doing it the old way.

25. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Well, I'm still waiting for the alleged production render of Tarkin to surface.