main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    How did Krennics ship not get destroyed during the battle
    on Eadu?

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    The Special features were on the light side, no deleted scenes and along with the featurettes would have been nice for a really long documentary ...

3. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'm sure I read someone say it was a similar scene to how the X Wing swooped in to destroy the AT-ACT as it was about to fire on the rebels and thats why they cut it.

B99 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It wasn't hit by any of the bombs or lasers.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Is the Target version worth getting for the special features? What are the extra special features with the Target set?

sorry wrong thread my bad.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It had Off sprayed all over it.

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  9. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  10. Aroooo-Dion

Aroooo-Dion Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 27, 2017
    Here's a great interview with Gary Whitta (note: very minor NSFW language) primarily regarding Rogue One. The R1 talk starts about 10 minutes in and concludes at about the 50 minute mark.

Highlights:
    • Whitta created Galen Erso and his attempt to sabotage the Death Star. It was a thematic echo of Darth Vader in the OT--a child helping to redeem the father
    • Knoll had K-2SO as simply a black protocol droid; Whitta made K-2SO a reprogrammed Imperial droid that was owned by Jyn; Weitz gave K-2SO to Cassian instead, and Gilroy wrote many of his best lines
    • Bodhi, Chirrut and Baze were all developed by Weitz
    • The opening with Krennic seeking out Galen dates back to Whitta
    • Whitta wrote Red and Gold Leaders into his draft expecting perhaps doubles to be used

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I want Rebel Force Radio to invite Sam Witwer to record another film commentary. I want to hear what he has to say about Rogue One. :cool:

LordDallos likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I love this so much. And I don't even read comics.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That makes two of us. I'd buy that issue just because of that special recognition.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sometimes I find it hard to believe not only how perfectly Rogue One slots in before ANH, but how much it improves the OT as a whole. Just extraordinary.

avcpl and EHT like this.
  16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Definitely the best of the Disney Era films. Jedda and the last half hour are some of the best Star Wars moments ever.

avcpl, Bor Mullet and PCCViking like this.
  17. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Tbh it comes off as somewhat trite/tryhard. I don't think everything needs to be 100% linked, and even if they want to link the two... It doesn't need to be as awkwardly on the nose as this. Just gives me a whole "off" feeling.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it could've been worse going from that frame of mind; perhaps Disney might've re-re-re-released the OT and add on a few extra scenes in the live action flicks to tie in the newer movies from that era - one of which being Mark actually saying on screen, "This is for Jyn Erso and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice on Scarif."

19. avcpl

avcpl Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2016
    I hear a lot of people give love to the ending of RO but rarely hear mention of Jedda, which is a shame because the sets, aliens, mood, action, etc. are just incredible.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The city is incredible. I would so tour there if I could.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Watched it on Sunday for the first time in a very long time. My god, is this film awesome. Genuinely moving, too. The music score is also great. I really hope Giacchino does another SW film. I actually think he would be a worthy successor to Williams.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Bor Mullet, Avnar, EHT and 3 others like this.
  22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    And to think he knocked it up in a month! I love his use of Williams’ cues, especially when the rebel fleet emerges from hyperspace above Scariff.

Krueger likes this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Especially given how mediocre a lot of the Disney era films have been overall, not only will RO stand the test of time on its own, but it will also be perpetually noted as the greatest to come out from this period.

I really feel like if RO had come out before TFA, it would have forced all of Lucas Film to raise their game and produce more quality films like it. I often wonder what kind of SW world we would be living in had this been the case.

Avnar likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Jedha is phenomenal.

And though I love the last half hour, I’m actually quite partial to Act One.

The prologue on Lah’mu is masterful, IMO. And I love the Ring of Kafrene and the early scenes on Yavin IV, which have such a raw realism to them.

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'll go one step further... Imagine (with some obvious story tweaks) if RO was the first film of the ST! My God, that would have got things going very nicely...

MotivateR5D4 likes this.