main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - December 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by boomx2sjk, Mar 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    In AMC theathers i think, bunch of people beginning to tweet about Rogue One again.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was the surprise Star Wars film that AMC was playing in theaters over the weekend for Disney+ Day. I went to a showing and it was a blast (literally :p ). I can confirm Rogue One is still a very good movie.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That's great! In solidarity with my cinema-going compatriots, I made a great sacrifice and watched it at home again.

And I can confirm that it's still the best Star Wars movie. :)

darklordoftech and wobbits like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I checked my blu-ray collection, and I can confirm that Rogue One is still a movie.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Its the best disney movie behind The Last Jedi, it blends both elements from the prequel and OT era's very good.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, mine is still on the shelf too... that's a relief.

It's my favorite (by far) of the Disney era, and in second place overall for all SW movies (just behind ANH, and just ahead of TESB).

7. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I would love to see the cut scenes from this film one day! There were some great scenes in that first trailer that never saw the light of day...

The best SW experience I have had was seeing this with about 20 friends...we were absolutely buzzing coming out of the theater! The very next year was the worst...it was dead quiet [face_whistling] You can't manufacture great feelings towards a film.

:xwing::tie::deathstar::vader::storm:

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh wow, 5th anniversary! [face_party]

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow, five years. Back then I was thirty years old, and thought I'd forever be a happy optimist. Just a couple of months later I became a mod and the cynicism and bitterness soon followed.
    And I'm pretty sure @PymParticles was eleven years old. :p

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Hey, watch it, I was exactly twice that old in December 2016!

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This may be my least favorite Star War, but I'll be positive: Five years later I still ride or die with Saw Garrera.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I apologize. I am a bad influence. :p

14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure you were.

[face_laugh]

15. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm reading this now, and @Bor Mullet should definitely check it out.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thanks for flagging! Unsurprisingly, he’s a delightful guy (I laughed out loud about his hypothetical of Igor announcing that everyone dies). His love for both Star Wars and filmmaking is clearly palpable, based on his funny and geekily phlegmatic answers, and that shows in every frame of the film. I think Rogue One is already defining the look of this new era of Star Wars, and that’s nothing to shake a stick at. In decades to come it will be seen as a foundational part of the franchise.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I wish they would also interview Tony Gilroy at some point. Probably not gonna happen though.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    He is a delightful guy, but he should learn to accept a compliment. He's earned them.

20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    He's the showrunner on Andor. Pretty sure he'll be interviewed plenty next year.

RetropME, wobbits, DLCV and 4 others like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’d be so cool if he got to direct an episode of Andor. [face_praying]

22. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  23. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    To five years of the best Disney Star Wars movie!

Darth__Lobot, wobbits, EHT and 3 others like this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Lucasfilm would be crazy not to offer him at least an episode.
    No doubt. But that humility is a pretty admirable quality so I can’t fault him. Also, many great artists are perfectionists and their own harshest critics, and I really do think he’s just happy that fans don’t hate it. :)

ETA: Which reminds me. Is this the first time since Rogue One’s release that Edwards has been interviewed? I think so. Crazy. We’ve been missing so much, given how the guy doesn’t speak in sound bites.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, as far as I've seen. I've been a bit concerned about his silence, to be honest. I was beginning to wonder if the Rogue One production issues might have hurt his career some how. As a fan of all of his films, I want to see and hear more from him, not less.

Darth__Lobot, RetropME, EHT and 2 others like this.